Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Takel98
    started a topic Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

So came across this from ig seller, I believe the day, date month and moon phase might be fixed seeing the movement, don’t know anything else about this just posting it as it might be to someone likings.

• The1stWright
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorDark View Post
    Yeesh this thing is complicated. In tempted to just go for the tourbillon…

Sent from my iPhone using RWI
    That's exactly what i'm thinking of doing now myself.

Matter of fact, if the current tourbillion from JF was made in black ceramic instead of PVD coated steel i'd already have one.

Leave a comment:

• NotIansIdea
    replied

Just got the notification from Lana this morning that my Black Ceramic has been shipped, now the eager waiting/stressing begins!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorDark
    replied
    Yeesh this thing is complicated. In tempted to just go for the tourbillon…

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Leave a comment:

• Swiss_goupil
    replied
    Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
    I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Nope my friend - not the same movement in yours. The hand stack is different - you have a running second hand on top. The one discussed here has a gmt like hand at the BOTTOM of the hand stack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• NotIansIdea
    replied
    Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
    I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

Nice! Looking forward to any insight we can get on this movement

Leave a comment:

• RonP
    replied
    Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now
    They released a 34mm women's version last year. Fingers crossed for a men's one but then you'll have to wait for a factory to make a rep.

Leave a comment:

• emdeevee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Dr Fun Socks
    replied
    Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.
    Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now

Leave a comment:

• NotIansIdea
    replied

Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it
    Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.

Leave a comment:

• Dr Fun Socks
    replied

Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol
    Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it

Leave a comment:

• NotIansIdea
    replied

Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!
    Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol

Leave a comment:

• GGEuroHEADSHOT
    replied

I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)
    The WatchBase page on the gen AP 5134 movement

His reply: "Yah... it’s a shitter 23j base my man"

Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha
    Yeah, for that price tag to receive a 23j base…. I’m good

Leave a comment:

• Dr Fun Socks
    replied

I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)

Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha
    Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!

Leave a comment:

• NotIansIdea
    replied

Yeah steve will service the a5134. To be honest im yet to find a watch he wont service. If your guy wont do it let me know and ill pm you his number.

Last edited by NotIansIdea; 19-01-22, 16:00.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X