• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.
899f58f0a4b0a077c07f69cce5c10de5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now

They released a 34mm women's version last year. Fingers crossed for a men's one but then you'll have to wait for a factory to make a rep.

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

Nice! Looking forward to any insight we can get on this movement

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

Nope my friend - not the same movement in yours. The hand stack is different - you have a running second hand on top. The one discussed here has a gmt like hand at the BOTTOM of the hand stack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: emdeevee

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Just got the notification from Lana this morning that my Black Ceramic has been shipped, now the eager waiting/stressing begins!

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Yeesh this thing is complicated. In tempted to just go for the tourbillon…

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

That's exactly what i'm thinking of doing now myself.

Matter of fact, if the current tourbillion from JF was made in black ceramic instead of PVD coated steel i'd already have one.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
If the movement messes up can you put in a simple miyota if all you are interested in is the time function and not the moonphase etc.

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
If the movement messes up can you put in a simple miyota if all you are interested in is the time function and not the moonphase etc.

Holup, you can just throw a Miyota movement into the version with the GMT function and it'll work? How have you come upon this forbidden knowledge

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Holup, you can just throw a Miyota movement into the version with the GMT function and it'll work? How have you come upon this forbidden knowledge

I have no idea about watchmaking I just want to know if it's possible to put in a Miyota movement and have the GMT hand act like a seconds hand.

I'm talking about a worst case scenario. If worst comes to worst I'd rather have at least the time working instead of having a useless watch with a nice case and bracelet.

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I have no idea about watchmaking I just want to know if it's possible to put in a Miyota movement and have the GMT hand act like a seconds hand.

I'm talking about a worst case scenario. If worst comes to worst I'd rather have at least the time working instead of having a useless watch with a nice case and bracelet.

I totally misread your post, I thought you said "you can put in a simple miyota" not "can you put in a simple miyota", lol. Yeah, I have zero insight on this

LeGrosChat

Horology Curious
20/3/19
Hi,

1) How loud it is (compared to a Miyota). I own a Miyota AP 15500, and as after oiled it is a little to loud for me :).

2) In order to set the different dials values, it s the same as gen (set to 12 o clock before change any) ?

Thx

madq8

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/5/14
Hi Guys, I got the modded APS version by unfortunately it fell from my hand and the white needle (modded GMT) came off. Any idea on who may help me fix it??

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Hi Guys, I got the modded APS version by unfortunately it fell from my hand and the white needle (modded GMT) came off. Any idea on who may help me fix it??

Jeez, this is a big reminder for me to be careful with this freakin thing once I get it. I'm in the same boat as you, though, still a bit unsure about who can work on this watch. doctorfunsocks mentioned he has a watchsmith located in the UK that is willing to work on one of these, he may be able to help. If not, you might try going to any of your local watchsmiths and see if they'd work on it.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Yeah my watchmaker steve has told me he has no problem working on them. I havent spoken to him but legend probably would work on them too. Its a very tempting watch but once you have had issues with much less complicated watches, the allure of that sweet ceramic fades to the unfortunate reality that you may have a very expensive (albeit light weight) paper weight in your watch box. As i say, im holding out for a time/date only version. I know its ap’s fault for not releasing it yet but surely its just a matter of time. Was kinda hoping we would get them for the 50th anniversary watches. Instead we get a weird pale blue jf v5 dial version of the royal oak….

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Nope my friend - not the same movement in yours. The hand stack is different - you have a running second hand on top. The one discussed here has a gmt like hand at the BOTTOM of the hand stack

I missed that! Well, for those interested, my watchsmith said the movement was a real POS.

hibee999

20/10/15
Generally I’m impressed with the watch, mainly by the ceramic case and bracelet.

A stupid question - how can I remove links from the bracelet ? Theres no screws - looks like pins only ..

phlu

PATRON
4/12/21
USA
Generally I’m impressed with the watch, mainly by the ceramic case and bracelet.

A stupid question - how can I remove links from the bracelet ? Theres no screws - looks like pins only ..

Need a punch and micro hammer.