• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Absolutly :D It's never a good time to buy a watch from china, everytime something is in the way. After a month of "new year" celebrations, the obligatory raids happen and factories open in April again, working for 2 month until the summer break :)

This year, I would also wait for the end of the Olympic game. It's no surprise that China being the host they are raiding counterfeit products (some from sponsors) before the event.

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Just got QC this morning (January 16, 2022)! https://imgur.com/a/NjE1w96

Everything looks good to me for a GL including timegrapher numbers. Not a RL issue, but are the screws in the 6 o'clock endlinks inset a lot? Ya boi is OCD and I've heard some problems about working on the fragile bracelet.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Just got QC this morning (January 16, 2022)! https://imgur.com/a/NjE1w96

Everything looks good to me for a GL including timegrapher numbers. Not a RL issue, but are the screws in the 6 o'clock endlinks inset a lot? Ya boi is OCD and I've heard some problems about working on the fragile bracelet.

Id take those amplitude numbers with a pinch of salt. I dont know what movement this is based on but id bet good money the lift angle isnt 59 degrees…. Probably more 52-53. By increasing the lift angle on the timegrapher the amplitude looks better. It would probably be closer to 240-250 with the correct lift angle setting.

Last edited:

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Id take those amplitude numbers with a pinch of salt. I dont know what movement this is based on but id bet good money the lift angle isnt 59 degrees…. Probably more 52-53. By increasing the lift angle on the timegrapher the amplitude looks better. It would probably be closer to 240-250 with the correct lift angle setting.

The movement is a clone A5134. I've heard an acceptable amplitude range is between 270 and 315 degrees, and your estimate is well under that... should I be asking some questions about the timegrapher numbers or still GL in your opinion?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
The movement is a clone A5134. I've heard an acceptable amplitude range is between 270 and 315 degrees, and your estimate is well under that... should I be asking some questions about the timegrapher numbers or still GL in your opinion?

I think you will struggle to find an a accurate value of the lift angle online. Li isnt a con artist, but as with all reps your best bet is to get it serviced on arrival. Admittedly it wont make it bomb proof, but its a $700ish watch, a $200 dollar service to hopefully prolong the life of it isnt a bad investment. Either way its all your getting so id either green light it and take the risk, or green light it and get it serviced. Its a hard call to say how much all the extra functions affect the amplitude.

Reactions: NotIansIdea

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I think you will struggle to find an a accurate value of the lift angle online. Li isnt a con artist, but as with all reps your best bet is to get it serviced on arrival. Admittedly it wont make it bomb proof, but its a $700ish watch, a $200 dollar service to hopefully prolong the life of it isnt a bad investment. Either way its all your getting so id either green light it and take the risk, or green light it and get it serviced. Its a hard call to say how much all the extra functions affect the amplitude.

Great, thank you. I've looked around for a watchsmith in the CONUS who can work on an A5134 but haven't found one yet. Not sure if you would happen to know any?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I would say wear it first and think later. Unless it is slow/fast by 10 mins a day why would you want to service it beforehand..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I would say wear it first and think later. Unless it is slow/fast by 10 mins a day why would you want to service it beforehand..

If it was an easy to get movement id definitely agree with you. Anything miyota or eta based sure, if it breaks just replace it (although they are the only movements i can service myself so i do it anyway just for fun). Something like this will not be easy to replace should anything go wrong so id be tempted to do some preventative servicing just incase. Kinda like $200 insurance on your watch so to speak. Ill have a word with my guy in the uk. Might not be an ideal location for everyone but if he is willing to do it, its better than nothing.

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
If it was an easy to get movement id definitely agree with you. Anything miyota or eta based sure, if it breaks just replace it (although they are the only movements i can service myself so i do it anyway just for fun). Something like this will not be easy to replace should anything go wrong so id be tempted to do some preventative servicing just incase. Kinda like $200 insurance on your watch so to speak. Ill have a word with my guy in the uk. Might not be an ideal location for everyone but if he is willing to do it, its better than nothing.

I've got a popular watchsmith who's rep-friendly in my area (East Coast, CONUS) but I've only used him once for something minor on a 4130. I could approach him about whether he'd do work on this movement. If not, I might have to do some deeper exploration lol. Let us know if your guy is open to doing services on our A5134s!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I've got a popular watchsmith who's rep-friendly in my area (East Coast, CONUS) but I've only used him once for something minor on a 4130. I could approach him about whether he'd do work on this movement. If not, I might have to do some deeper exploration lol. Let us know if your guy is open to doing services on our A5134s!

Yeah steve will service the a5134. To be honest im yet to find a watch he wont service. If your guy wont do it let me know and ill pm you his number.

Last edited:

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Yeah steve will service the a5134. To be honest im yet to find a watch he wont service. If your guy wont do it let me know and ill pm you his number.

I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)
The WatchBase page on the gen AP 5134 movement

His reply: "Yah... it’s a shitter 23j base my man"

Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha

Last edited:

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)

Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha

Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!

GGEuroHEADSHOT

Renowned Member
Supporter
21/8/21
Canada

Yeah, for that price tag to receive a 23j base…. I’m good

Reactions: legend

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!

Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol

Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it :)

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it :)

Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.

Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now