• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Watchfans27

Horology Curious
24/9/21
Ivan0209

Thank you very much in advance, would be excited to wait and look at your qc photos soon, in my mind its like unbelievable that a rep can have such complications that works, and looks stunning. Its amazing to see what technology advancement had bring our rep collecting hobby up a notch, i can foresee many great pieces to come in near future. Wish u to receive your watch soon and happy with it????

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Hi Ron P,
1st of all i appologize that i couldnt find the reply button to your msg, its my 1st time using a forum pls forgive me.

Yea I agreed on the exeptional craftmanship from AP which is almost unrivalled even by other top luxury brands, that justifies the 6figure pricetag on the gen. I still think aps factory had did quite a decent job on the brushing considering the coarsness looks almost identical to some ROO with ceramic bezel by JF, Its a stunning watch that even the tickness is 10.5 to 11mm, having so many complication in a rep is still very magneficent.
I have also seen a review video in chinese, on the white ceramic version, he explained that the month indicator needs to be adjusted manually every month end as they dont change itself, which is not a deal breaker (for me) considering they manage to fit so many complications in. In the video, he also explained the crown will be slightly different compared to gen as the rep white ceramic crown face is sticked with a piece of silver metal with the AP logo engraving as it is a difficult small part with so much of details in full ceramic. However the black version I believe is using the same method, but improved with the piece is actually black and blends very wrll with the crown. Im looking forward to see more pictures although I heard from some TDs saying most factories are closed and slow down production as the raids in china on rep watches are still ongoing. Wishing everyone a happy hunting and good luck in getting their orders asap, I cant wait to get 1 for myself too????

I ordered mine 10 days ago, I guess I'll have to wait a little while for the QC pics. To be honest I'm not too fussed about the complications. I don't wear the same watch everyday so what is shown on the subdials will never be correct unless I set it each time I wear the watch, I'm usually to lazy to do so. It's more about the bracelet, case and dial finish to me.

Reactions: Max Cady

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I ordered mine 10 days ago, I guess I'll have to wait a little while for the QC pics. To be honest I'm not too fussed about the complications. I don't wear the same watch everyday so what is shown on the subdials will never be correct unless I set it each time I wear the watch, I'm usually to lazy to do so. It's more about the bracelet, case and dial finish to me.

Just get yourself a watch winder, they are cheap on AliEx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just get yourself a watch winder, they are cheap on AliEx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My personal opinion: a watch winder is something I definitely don’t recommend. I own a good number of gen AP, Patek and Rolex and some assorted gen timepieces like Franck Muller and Hublot currently and no watch winder at all.

These are my reasons:

1. The modern watch grease and lubrications used today do not coagulate or settle when the movement stops running. There is no reason to keep the movements running to prevent lubrication settling like the older generation timepieces.

2. Keeping the watch running continuously CAN accelerate the wear and tear of the watch movement. It’s like keeping the engine of a car running 24/7 even when it’s parked in the garage. Disclaimer: This is true if the turn per day (TPD) recommendation for the movement is exceeded over an extended period, or if a poor quality winder is used.

3. To wind a watch effectively, you need to know the wind setting and direction. For example an AP 3126 winds in both directions and a 7750 winds only in one direction. Putting a watch on an incorrect setting can cause the watch to be wound inefficiently.

4. Most of all for me, the joy of winding and setting a watch comes with the hobby. I happily wind and set my watch before I wear it and find it a pleasure doing so.

The only advantage of a watch winder is the convenience of keeping the watch running so that when it is chosen for wear, there is no need to set the time. But for most watches, it is still inevitable that the date be set on the day after the end of the months with 30 or less days in them instead of 31.

To each his own but I definitely do not recommend watch winders personally. If one likes watches, one should enjoy setting them up before wear. There is nothing wrong with anyone wanting to use a good quality watch winder but the TPD and wind setting need to be observed carefully.

Watchfans27

Horology Curious
24/9/21

*High5 bro, I usually do not set my date on my watch too after switching between them, especially when it dosent have a quick set function and needed to set to half month ahead, I will leave it until next month when the date is nearer, then i would wound and set it????
Agree with you on the case, dial and bracelet, like this watch royal oak perpetual calender, it looks symetrical on the dial and combining with the grey dial and black ceramic case makes it asthetically pleasing to the eyes. I hope and wish you to get your hands on it sonnest possible.

Reactions: RonP

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
I'm agree with Legend, the winder is useless o at least it can damage your watch... but still is a marvellous toy!! :D

I own a winder... H6and of course I don't use it!

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Ivan0209

Thank you very much in advance, would be excited to wait and look at your qc photos soon, in my mind its like unbelievable that a rep can have such complications that works, and looks stunning. Its amazing to see what technology advancement had bring our rep collecting hobby up a notch, i can foresee many great pieces to come in near future. Wish u to receive your watch soon and happy with it????

hahaha looks like you found the "quote" button. Will definitely post pics and a review when it arrives. Welcome to RWI and the AP subforum!

kevBquick

9/10/18
watch winders are of personal taste. tough subject but i've had 5 gens on them since i bought my first one 14yrs ago. never had an issue with the watch. i probably haven't worn my gen breitling in 4yrs or more. but i look at it and check the to make sure things are good as with all of them every few months. i haven't serviced any of them and they all keep good time. there are higher quality one and i believe most these days are silent drive....noise isn't an issue. i see no harm in having them if that floats your boat if thats something you like. no issues with any watch being over wound or clutch issues on the watch.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
This thread is fantastic. After reading all 26 pages I still don't know what factory makes the modified version with the week indicator hand not moving like a seconds hand.

From what I understand it is still an APSF watch that has been modified to stop the seconds hand and an added hand at the 12 o'clock sub dial showing the year and month.

I emailed several TDs waiting to hear back. Am I correct in what I wrote?

Reactions: NotIansIdea

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
This thread is fantastic. After reading all 26 pages I still don't know what factory makes the modified version with the week indicator hand not moving like a seconds hand.

From what I understand it is still an APSF watch that has been modified to stop the seconds hand and an added hand at the 12 o'clock sub dial showing the year and month.

I emailed several TDs waiting to hear back. Am I correct in what I wrote?

You are spot on, a lot of confusion with this model. Please let us know what you hear. Looking to order it soon myself.
Cheers mate

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Slightly off topic but I think if they can get a full ceramic watch done, why not make the 34mm Royal Oak Ceramic.

Reactions: stanleebobyolo

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Slightly off topic but I think if they can get a full ceramic watch done, why not make the 34mm Royal Oak Ceramic.

honestly as much as i love it, it caters to women who, am afraid, are an infinitesimal percentage of the rep market

Reactions: legend

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

That model only came out two months ago. It usually takes at least a year or so for a rep of a newly released watch to be made.

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Very interested in the black ceramic version of this perpetual calendar AP.

Can't wait to see somebody with QC shots!

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
Hasn't anyone received the QC of the modified version yet?