• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
This is my understanding:

What we consider as V1 is actually what APS has produced all this time. It has the running seconds and missing leap year indicator. APS only has one version of this watch and indeed all perpetual calendars made by APS have a running seconds.

”V2” is actually a lightly customised version made by a modding workshop on the mainland. It is not a “custom” build per say, but it is batch made to order. The hands are silver and not black, this watch, due to its nature has a tendency to make mirror polish hands look black even when they are silver.

Some TDs will be able to source you the modded version. The APS is $618 whilst the modded version costs around $750.

where can you get the modified version? Thank you

Reactions: NotIansIdea

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom

What we consider as V1 is actually what APS has produced all this time. It has the running seconds and missing leap year indicator. APS only has one version of this watch and indeed all perpetual calendars made by APS have a running seconds.

”V2” is actually a lightly customised version made by a modding workshop on the mainland. It is not a “custom” build per say, but it is batch made to order. The hands are silver and not black, this watch, due to its nature has a tendency to make mirror polish hands look black even when they are silver.

Some TDs will be able to source you the modded version. The APS is $618 whilst the modded version costs around $750.

Well I would love to know how they ‘mod’ the hand stack to have the weekly indicator at the bottom (v2) vs the second running at the top (v1).

cdb8c51299b67dd1b8f300053a3f0fb6.jpg

Unless the weekly indicator is static, it is simply impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booonin

2/9/18

What does the modded version includes? Thin caseback?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Ok if the case back back is stainless i take it back, it could be thinned. Probably not by much if its a chunky movement though. Ceramic is very hard to machine so fair play to spongebob if he’s pulling it off.

Booonin

2/9/18
Gen is 9.5 - would be very nice if could be thinned that way..

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Gen is 9.5 - would be very nice if could be thinned that way..

Even normal 15400 reps arent thinable to 9.5 without removing the rotor and deco plate so dont held your breathe…

Booonin

2/9/18
Even normal 15400 reps arent thinable to 9.5 without removing the rotor and deco plate so dont held your breathe…

There was a post in which some new 15400 reps managed to do the gen thickness - so never say never! ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Nope, no one on the forums can machine ceramic. I dont know this for a fact but im 99.9% sure.

Not true. I’ve thinned the ceramic caseback for the ROO bumblebee before. It’s painstaking to work with but given patience, and many hours, it can be done. It’s difficult but far from impossible.

Domi has done the same, and so has spongebob. Thinning ceramic can be considered the trial of fire for any modder who works on thinning casebacks.

Reactions: QueTip and Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

The ZF 15400 is 9.8mm as per gen. There is no need for it to go to 9.5mm unless it’s the owner preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Not true. I’ve thinned the ceramic caseback for the ROO bumblebee before. It’s painstaking to work with but given patience, and many hours, it can be done. It’s difficult but far from impossible.

Domi has done the same, and so has spongebob. Thinning ceramic can be considered the trial of fire for any modder who works on thinning casebacks.

Fair play sir i take it back. Let me rephrase, i wouldnt try to machine ceramic haha.

Booonin

2/9/18
Also, wonder what the weight is on this watch. Who can advise here?

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
1900$….

Screenshot-20210907-212817-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20210907-212805-Instagram.jpg
Screenshot-20210907-212758-Instagram.jpg

just sharing, but after i saw this, im sure im in the line to get this for sure.
i hope they make the green dial with steel as well. Saw the video too on instagram, the week hand is not moving like V1, perhaps they fix the week hand.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I just messaged them. The only mod they've made is the movement being like gen but they're charging 3 times the cost of the stock watch. Everything else is the same.

Ridiculous.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I just messaged them. The only mod they've made is the movement being like gen but they're charging 3 times the cost of the stock watch. Everything else is the same.

Ridiculous.

Id happily pay the $2k if it was a gen movement. Like gen is a bit ambiguous…

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Id happily pay the $2k if it was a gen movement. Like gen is a bit ambiguous…

Well they said full function so I'm guessing it's as per gen. Are these modifications that expensive? I wouldn't want to pay $2k and then APS release a V2 with the correct movement for $600, or is it too complex to be available for that price?

Reactions: javicc

Tebburaner

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/9/16
I asked that seller and he quoted me 9500RMB. Seems he’s just BSing his prices. I got my modded version from a TD on here (JTIME) at 750USD. The Weekly indicator is a GMT Hand but that’s way better than a seconds hand. Don’t know how they added the leap year. The thickness is 10.5 and the gen caseback is actually titanium but I will look past it

Reactions: SuperLory and RonP