• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hi guys

I have always been interested in a AP perpetual calendar. The APSF factory effort is OK but (once again) the large hand is used for seconds and not weeks (as per gen).

What about the new BF factory version? E.g. https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=241_246&products_id=23404 Does anyone know what this is all about?

DJ

Interesting find. It seems they added the extra hand in the 12 o'clock sub dial for the quarterly month indicator. Also, the week indicator does not appear to be moving in the pictures. Could either be they didn't wind the watch before pictures or this has a fixed or working week indicator. Too bad about the 12.5mm thickness. Maybe a movement swap into the APSF case?

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
Interesting find. It seems they added the extra hand in the 12 o'clock sub dial for the quarterly month indicator. Also, the week indicator does not appear to be moving in the pictures. Could either be they didn't wind the watch before pictures or this has a fixed or working week indicator. Too bad about the 12.5mm thickness. Maybe a movement swap into the APSF case?

Thanks tangokilo Indeed. The 12.5mm thickness makes it a no-go. A movement swap could be an option but, again, the thickness issue will remain even with a APSF case. And if you want the gold version (as I do) then thinning might not be an option. I had Slaughterer thin my 15400 (SS) but a RG one? Has anyone done it?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks tangokilo Indeed. The 12.5mm thickness makes it a no-go. A movement swap could be an option but, again, the thickness issue will remain even with a APSF case. And if you want the gold version (as I do) then thinning might not be an option. I had Slaughterer thin my 15400 (SS) but a RG one? Has anyone done it?

I’ve thinned JF 15400s to about 9.8-9.9mm. No issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
It's fucked sadly.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=23400
Here you can see the week indicator does everything but indicating the week.
The bezel is way too thick and the inner ring as well. You'd probably not only have to thin down the case but also the inner weekring. I'm no Modder myself but that seems almost impossible. But why is it so thick? Doesn't is use the same movement? Maybe we wait on more APSf releases.

Dj3381

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
29/8/10
EU
It's fucked sadly.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=352&products_id=23400
Here you can see the week indicator does everything but indicating the week.
The bezel is way too thick and the inner ring as well. You'd probably not only have to thin down the case but also the inner weekring. I'm no Modder myself but that seems almost impossible. But why is it so thick? Doesn't is use the same movement? Maybe we wait on more APSf releases.

I agree.... unfortunately....

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
This thread is becoming confusing as you guys are talking about two different factories. This started with APS and some links show the BP….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
This thread is becoming confusing as you guys are talking about two different factories. This started with APS and some links show the BP….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let it be, can be a consolidated perpetual calendar rep thread discussing the various models. I don’t see it as an overly popular model so if anyone takes time to look at the links posted he will be able to differentiate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk