Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

    I've got a popular watchsmith who's rep-friendly in my area (East Coast, CONUS) but I've only used him once for something minor on a 4130. I could approach him about whether he'd do work on this movement. If not, I might have to do some deeper exploration lol. Let us know if your guy is open to doing services on our A5134s!
    Yeah steve will service the a5134. To be honest im yet to find a watch he wont service. If your guy wont do it let me know and ill pm you his number.
    Last edited by Dr Fun Socks; 19-01-22, 06:42.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

      Yeah steve will service the a5134. To be honest im yet to find a watch he wont service. If your guy wont do it let me know and ill pm you his number.
      I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

      The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)
      The WatchBase page on the gen AP 5134 movement

      His reply: "Yah... it’s a shitter 23j base my man"

      Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha
      Last edited by NotIansIdea; 19-01-22, 16:00.
      -Ya Boi

      Comment


        Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

        I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

        The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)
        The WatchBase page on the gen AP 5134 movement

        His reply: "Yah... it’s a shitter 23j base my man"

        Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha
        Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!

        Comment


          Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

          I contacted tbuttery, a RepTimeServices Trusted Kansas-based Watchsmith (he has a waitlist until August... so he's arguably a non-starter), and I asked if he could service an A5134. He said he hadn't heard of that movement before, so I sent him two links:

          The PureTime listing for the White Ceramic (it has pics of caseback and lists the movement as an A5134)
          The WatchBase page on the gen AP 5134 movement

          His reply: "Yah... it’s a shitter 23j base my man"

          Is this rep's movement going to explode after a few months without a service??? Has anybody torn this thing apart yet haha
          Yeah, for that price tag to receive a 23j base…. I’m good

          Comment


            Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

            Of course its not an actual clone of a $100k watch movement… the fact the week indicator is a gmt hand should of told you that! Will it self destruct? Only time will tell. Not enough of them out in the wild yet for us to know!
            Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol
            -Ya Boi

            Comment


              Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

              Haha I wasn't expecting a Dandong-4130-level clone of the 5134, but a 23J??? My wife is very persnickety about my rep purchases and oh man if this thing falls apart after a few months for $750+ imma get roasted lol
              Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

                Got to be in it to win it! My suggestion is buy enough reps between now and when it (hopefully doesnt) fail and she’ll forget all about it haha. If its a grail watch, you have to spend when it costs. I got the roger dubuis double tourbillon, wasnt cheap, 0 parts available if it fails, buts its the dogs bollocks! Love wearing it
                Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.
                -Ya Boi

                Comment


                  Originally posted by NotIansIdea View Post

                  Well, I suppose the good news is that if the movement in here breaks it'll potentially just take a $40 movement put in by a watchsmith to make it work again... I hope. I wonder if there's a movement swap we can make in the future if this movement turns out to be wildly unreliable... I also wonder if your watchsmith Steve has any input on how well this "A5134" is gonna work.
                  Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now

                  Comment


                    I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

                    I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

                    Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Dr Fun Socks View Post

                      Not a chance in hell it will be a $40 movement from td’s. Probably run you somewhere in the region of $150-200 if its available. Steve hasnt seen one in person, but his words were ‘id service one, but i wouldnt want to own one…” im holding out for ap to release a time and date only ceramic watch. Cant be too far away now
                      They released a 34mm women's version last year. Fingers crossed for a men's one but then you'll have to wait for a factory to make a rep.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
                        I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

                        I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

                        Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                        Nice! Looking forward to any insight we can get on this movement
                        -Ya Boi

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by emdeevee View Post
                          I just received this from Chazing Time...the functions all work and the movement ran great for 2 days, but the rotor inside was so noisy, I had to send it out for silencing.

                          I'll let you know what my guy thinks about it when he opens it up. Maybe I'll get some pics. Obviously these are using the same movement, but mine isn't ceramic.

                          Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                          Nope my friend - not the same movement in yours. The hand stack is different - you have a running second hand on top. The one discussed here has a gmt like hand at the BOTTOM of the hand stack


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Yeesh this thing is complicated. In tempted to just go for the tourbillon…


                            Sent from my iPhone using RWI

                            Comment




                              Just got the notification from Lana this morning that my Black Ceramic has been shipped, now the eager waiting/stressing begins!
                              -Ya Boi

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by DoctorDark View Post
                                Yeesh this thing is complicated. In tempted to just go for the tourbillon…


                                Sent from my iPhone using RWI
                                That's exactly what i'm thinking of doing now myself.

                                Matter of fact, if the current tourbillion from JF was made in black ceramic instead of PVD coated steel i'd already have one.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X