• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Alright, ladies and gentlemen... it came! I took makeshift macro pics using some magnifier lenses of all the interesting bits we want to see. Heads-up for these pictures, though: I ordered a new S22 Ultra, but for now, I'm using a freakin' 5-year-old phone to take pics of this bad boy; I'll be taking pics once the new phone comes in for some much cleaner, less processed pics.

https://imgur.com/a/jL7Wddf

I put some details in the image captions, just so ya know.

Some thoughts:
  • The brushed ceramic finishing on this watch is primo. Love it.
  • The bracelet is pretty dang comfortable, but resizing it is a pain.
    • The bi-directional pin-and-sleeve mechanism holding the links together is nice and tight, but putting it back together is freakin' rough.
    • You absolutely need a pin pusher/hammer or the screwing pin remover tool to take 'em out; they're very tight.
    • There are sleeves that go into the smaller two pieces that make up the 3-piece links which tighten onto the pins, but the sleeves just fall out of the small pieces. It's really tough to put back together. I had to recruit my wife to help me keep the sleeves in the small pieces as I insert the pin back into the bracelet... it took four hands. ... it's difficult to explain with words, but it's hard haha.
  • After a day or two of wear, the black ceramic makes light dust and hand oil really easy to see on the piece. It all comes off though.
  • This thing is basically scratchproof lol
  • I have no idea how reliable this movement is going to be, and I haven't taken it to a watchsmith to be serviced as of yet... it looks good through the caseback, though.
  • Winding is a 7.5/10 in terms of smoothness (with a serviced Noob 4130 being a 10/10)
  • The case does have some sharp edges where it meets the bracelet, but I don't know how to properly smooth this thing since it's ceramic
  • The double-deployant clasp takes some getting used to if you haven't had an AP before, but I dig it. Works great.
    • Side note: the steel's finish looks to be getting be rubbed by the back of the ceramic bracelet. You'll never see it on the wrist, just something to note.
  • I love this thing. Let's hope it lasts.

Can you explain how the gmt/week hand works?

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
I believe that hand is supposed to advance by week, thus the 52 in the tachy. Does V2 work that way?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Can you explain how the gmt/week hand works?

The white GMT hand is fused to the hour hand at a 90-degree angle clockwise, so it's basically just another hour indicator that's permanently 3 hours ahead of the actual hour.
So, for example, if it's 12:00, the white hand will be pointing at the 3 o'clock subdial... if it's 6:00, the white GMT hand will be pointing at the 9 o'clock subdial.

This is the same case with the white leap year hand on the 12 o'clock subdial; the leap year hand is fused at a 90-degree angle to the month hand, but counterclockwise.
So, for example, if it's January, the leap year hand will be pointing at the 3-year marker... if it's April, the leap year hand will be pointing at the L-year marker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kmmas and TimosL

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I believe that hand is supposed to advance by week, thus the 52 in the tachy. Does V2 work that way?

Nope, see my latest reply to Richmardmille ^

"The white GMT hand is fused to the hour hand at a 90-degree angle clockwise, so it's basically just another hour indicator that's permanently 3 hours ahead of the actual hour.
So, for example, if it's 12:00, the white hand will be pointing at the 3 o'clock subdial... if it's 6:00, the white GMT hand will be pointing at the 9 o'clock subdial."

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Thank you for the pictures [mention]Notlandidea [/mention]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
thank you NotIansIdea for the great effort. I was scared looking at it, now you confirmed that the bracelet resizing will be a PITA.

The watch looks gorgeous.

brry

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
12/1/22
thank you NotIansIdea for the great effort. I was scared looking at it, now you confirmed that the bracelet resizing will be a PITA.

The watch looks gorgeous.

I had an AP 15400 and resized the bracelet with a sharp steak knife and a sewing needle. It’s always do-able.

Sent from the RWI App

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Fair warning...this bracelet is a nightmare to work with. I removed it with massive difficulty, and reassembly was worse. In comparison, the resizing was a breeze.

So, it ain't worth the oil bath!!!!

seanizcool

Known Member
3/9/21
Alright, ladies and gentlemen... it came! I took makeshift macro pics using some magnifier lenses of all the interesting bits we want to see. Heads-up for these pictures, though: I ordered a new S22 Ultra, but for now, I'm using a freakin' 5-year-old phone to take pics of this bad boy; I'll be taking pics once the new phone comes in for some much cleaner, less processed pics.

https://imgur.com/a/jL7Wddf

I put some details in the image captions, just so ya know.

Some thoughts:
  • The brushed ceramic finishing on this watch is primo. Love it.
  • The bracelet is pretty dang comfortable, but resizing it is a pain.
    • The bi-directional pin-and-sleeve mechanism holding the links together is nice and tight, but putting it back together is freakin' rough.
    • You absolutely need a pin pusher/hammer or the screwing pin remover tool to take 'em out; they're very tight.
    • There are sleeves that go into the smaller two pieces that make up the 3-piece links which tighten onto the pins, but the sleeves just fall out of the small pieces. It's really tough to put back together. I had to recruit my wife to help me keep the sleeves in the small pieces as I insert the pin back into the bracelet... it took four hands. ... it's difficult to explain with words, but it's hard haha.
  • After a day or two of wear, the black ceramic makes light dust and hand oil really easy to see on the piece. It all comes off though.
  • This thing is basically scratchproof lol
  • I have no idea how reliable this movement is going to be, and I haven't taken it to a watchsmith to be serviced as of yet... it looks good through the caseback, though.
  • Winding is a 7.5/10 in terms of smoothness (with a serviced Noob 4130 being a 10/10)
  • The case does have some sharp edges where it meets the bracelet, but I don't know how to properly smooth this thing since it's ceramic
  • The double-deployant clasp takes some getting used to if you haven't had an AP before, but I dig it. Works great.
    • Side note: the steel's finish looks to be getting be rubbed by the back of the ceramic bracelet. You'll never see it on the wrist, just something to note.
  • I love this thing. Let's hope it lasts.

Looks great!

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Which one doesn't have a running seconds hand? Mine does.
987ff900d88b7e5c2bec35687bd04b45.jpg

What happened to your moonphase disc??

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Hi everyone, I too got a modified Ceramic PC.
My impressions? The watch itself is impressive, far from gen which I’ve had the chance to try (both black and white) but it’s a very good rep. It’s in real ceramic, it’s very light, solid, clean and sparkles just like the real deal. It’s damn thick unfortunately, hence why I decided to remove the rotor and put a ZF 15400 SS caseback on it while my modder Harleysta91 is trying to thin the big fat original caseback that has the AP PC stamped on it. Next step is to manage to mod the rotor and deco-plate so the thinny case back cans fit, if it’s not possible to do so I’ll keep it without the rotor winding it manually from time to time.
This modified rep with the CHS has a Miyota base movt instead of the Asian 5134 of the standard version.

75c576a26a72dbfe02487b286432a6c5.jpg

438f133b6c14f6851fa1ab6e5fa46fb5.jpg

2f8a65241f536a334a3db201ee3603dc.jpg

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Guys my local watchmaker just warned me not to get this.

Also plenty of people getting it with issues of all sorts.
Quality of the hands not good, crap crap movement.
People sending it to him to glue hands together etc.

According to him just better get a decent AP replica instead of this one.

A shame tbh as I was hoping to rock one of this black ceramics soon, I guess I’ll have to wait for some V2/v3 etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
This modified rep with the CHS has a Miyota base movt instead of the Asian 5134 of the standard version.

Wait, hold up (and pardon my ignorance, especially if I'm misunderstanding you lol)...
  1. Does an Asian 5134 clone exist that isn't just some modified version of another Asian movement?
  2. The non-modded v1 has this Asian 5134?
  3. If yes to those first two, is it possible to just source an Asian 5134 and throw that bad boy into the CHS version while maintaining all the working functions?

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
As it stands, this is the worst rep I've ever bought.

The hands on the top subdial had come off when I received it
The dial had some damage which was not visible in QC pics
Half of the bezel screws are sunken, the other half are flush
The brushing quality on the case isn't the greatest, I can see some horizontal streaks.

My TD is going to source another dial and I will send my watch to Legend to fix the above issues but I wish I didn't order this.

I've learned in this hobby that the only 'safe' watches are the time and date ones.

I'm really not impressed with APS.

Just stick to ZF when it comes to AP reps.

Last edited:

bleedinglottery

Patron
Certified
7/8/19
Germany
does anybody here have the white version in hand? i talked to a guy of mine and he says he can probabls change the ceramic to a more matte tone. but we would need 1-2 links to test it on.

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
As it stands, this is the worst rep I've ever bought.

The hands on the top subdial had come off when I received it
The dial had some damage which was not visible in QC pics
Half of the bezel screws are sunken, the other half are flush
The brushing quality on the case isn't the greatest, I can see some horizontal streaks.

My TD is going to source another dial and I will send my watch to Legend to fix the above issues but I wish I didn't order this.

I've learned in this hobby that the only 'safe' watches are the time and date ones.

I'm really not impressed with APS.

Just stick to ZF when it comes to AP reps.
That movement has its parts glued on, so they come off. Interested to hear what legend will do with this. As for mine, expensive box queen.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
That movement has its parts glued on, so they come off. Interested to hear what legend will do with this. As for mine, expensive box queen.

Do you think it's possible to remove the movement, replace it with a Miyota and just have it function like a time and date watch?

Reactions: NotIansIdea