• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
jkJazn.jpg

got mine, not bad

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
I missed that! Well, for those interested, my watchsmith said the movement was a real POS.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Yea, most watch smith think anything outside of SWISS MADE is junk, one of my local smith is of the same attitude and made sure we know about it. I eventually gave him the finger and found someone who isn't so closed-minded, so now the new smith has all my business and I'd even bring my gens to him for service. There are indeed some subpar movements in the rep industry but some are pretty reliable as well, just like any other products in the world.

Reactions: NotIansIdea

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
The moon looks better than on the TD pictures. Mine doing some shots in natural light? Appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Please more pictures, looks fantastic!

alohajet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Los angeles
Just read the entire thread in one sitting. Very entertaining! I love the white dial steel version but will wait a while to read more reviews. Thanks for all the pics and information guys.

Reactions: Th4ySoN

alohajet

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/8/21
Los angeles
Yes, not bad. It would be great if the "31" was red and the hands in the sub dials were white like the gen. It seems like that would be easy to do......

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
having sai the 31 looks red to me, i see these real photos (not cgi) and looks ok

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Yes, not bad. It would be great if the "31" was red and the hands in the sub dials were white like the gen. It seems like that would be easy to do......

Sub dial hands are not white on gen, they are white gold

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Which one doesn't have a running seconds hand? Mine does.
987ff900d88b7e5c2bec35687bd04b45.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Again, the gen doesn’t have a running second. Gen has a weekly indicator which is placed at the bottom of the hand stack.

Check the gen pictures above.

Now the v2 rep movement has replaced the running second - the movement that you have is a v1 - by a ‘gmt’ hand at the bottom of the hand stack. Still not correct even thought the hand is now in the right place, it doesn’t have the correct function. But it is now a less obvious flaw

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
yep as Swiss_goupil rightfully pointed, it's easy to see which version you are getting just looking at the white "week" hand. If it's at the top of the stack it's v1 running second..avoid at all cost...

If at the bottom of the stack then it's GMT and it's the best we can have at this point in time.

watcher009

Known Member
12/12/17
Again, the gen doesn’t have a running second. Gen has a weekly indicator which is placed at the bottom of the hand stack.

Check the gen pictures above.

Now the v2 rep movement has replaced the running second - the movement that you have is a v1 - by a ‘gmt’ hand at the bottom of the hand stack. Still not correct even thought the hand is now in the right place, it doesn’t have the correct function. But it is now a less obvious flaw

Very well expalined. Thank you

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Alright, ladies and gentlemen... it came! I took makeshift macro pics using some magnifier lenses of all the interesting bits we want to see. Heads-up for these pictures, though: I ordered a new S22 Ultra, but for now, I'm using a freakin' 5-year-old phone to take pics of this bad boy; I'll be taking pics once the new phone comes in for some much cleaner, less processed pics.

https://imgur.com/a/jL7Wddf

I put some details in the image captions, just so ya know.

Some thoughts:
  • The brushed ceramic finishing on this watch is primo. Love it.
  • The bracelet is pretty dang comfortable, but resizing it is a pain.
    • The bi-directional pin-and-sleeve mechanism holding the links together is nice and tight, but putting it back together is freakin' rough.
    • You absolutely need a pin pusher/hammer or the screwing pin remover tool to take 'em out; they're very tight.
    • There are sleeves that go into the smaller two pieces that make up the 3-piece links which tighten onto the pins, but the sleeves just fall out of the small pieces. It's really tough to put back together. I had to recruit my wife to help me keep the sleeves in the small pieces as I insert the pin back into the bracelet... it took four hands. ... it's difficult to explain with words, but it's hard haha.
  • After a day or two of wear, the black ceramic makes light dust and hand oil really easy to see on the piece. It all comes off though.
  • This thing is basically scratchproof lol
  • I have no idea how reliable this movement is going to be, and I haven't taken it to a watchsmith to be serviced as of yet... it looks good through the caseback, though.
  • Winding is a 7.5/10 in terms of smoothness (with a serviced Noob 4130 being a 10/10)
  • The case does have some sharp edges where it meets the bracelet, but I don't know how to properly smooth this thing since it's ceramic
  • The double-deployant clasp takes some getting used to if you haven't had an AP before, but I dig it. Works great.
    • Side note: the steel's finish looks to be getting be rubbed by the back of the ceramic bracelet. You'll never see it on the wrist, just something to note.
  • I love this thing. Let's hope it lasts.

Last edited: