• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Disclaimer: I'm a RepTime Redditor; this here is literally my first time posting on RWI.

So this thread has been a fun, confusing soap opera! I especially liked the season 1 villain, he came outta left field!

I just messaged Jtime on Whatsapp to see if they're accepting orders for the "Black Ceramic APSF Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar V2 with GMT Function" (this is verbatim what I typed out to Li... that's a heck of a mouthful), so we'll see if they're still accepting orders. I've been following this watch since it was originally announced, and boy oh boy did I think this was all smoke and mirrors. Seeing acceptable QC's has pushed me over the edge to actually do a deep dive in research and commit to ordering one (if we still can).

I'll post an update here on whether or not Jtime is accepting orders for it and if I get any other updated info on shipping, factory delays, etc.

Welcome to RWI, keep us posted!

Reactions: NotIansIdea

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Alright, an update!

Got a reply back from Li this morning (Jan 12, 2022):
"Sorry, no orders for this model currently. Waiting time is too long for this model if you order one currently."

So I followed up with him:
"Around how long would the wait be for one of these if they were to be ordered? The people who want them, myself included, aren't afraid to have a wait time."

He got back to me quickly (I love Li lol):
"Probably 2 months waiting for the QC after placing the order & payment. How would you like to pay for the order?"

So, Li is taking orders for the Black Ceramic APSF AP RO PC V2 w/ GMT Function. Now to figure out how to pay him since I've never used any of any of the payment methods he accepts haha

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
"Probably 2 months waiting for the QC after placing the order & payment. How would you like to pay for the order?"

Two months? That is not too bad. Waited 5 months for my PPF 5726…. (Ok ok it was with Lucy…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Two months? That is not too bad. Waited 5 months for my PPF 5726…. (Ok ok it was with Lucy…)

Yep, I agree. I think I'm pulling the trigger now, might as well not waste any time placing the order lol

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Yep, I agree. I think I'm pulling the trigger now, might as well not waste any time placing the order lol

Ordered the black with PureTime remember China is on vacation this coming month

One thing I tried removing a link and it’s a pain in the ass and eventually broke the link the ceramic is VERY fragile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tinitonsi

Patron
Certified
21/3/14

I ordered and paid for this watch in the beginning of Sept, got QC just last week…. Patience is the key in this hobby my friend and welcome to the best WW forum ;)

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Ordered the black with PureTime remember China is on vacation this coming month

One thing I tried removing a link and it’s a pain in the ass and eventually broke the link the ceramic is VERY fragile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yep, I remember seeing an announcement from a TD about how CNY is gonna make ordering/QC for all watches a bit persnickety and take longer. I guess we add that on top of the 2-3 months... oof. Would you recommend I wait until after CNY or just order before CNY to minimize the wait time?

Would you suggest I buy a simple watch kit if the link removal is pretty rough and tumble? I did some searching on the RO bracelet link removal and it is definitely a tad more involved than replacing a link on my Daytona lol. Would you say it's because of the construction/materials that make it more difficult compared to other AP reps?

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22

I'm wondering if Li took into account CNY with his 2-month wait time estimate or if we'll have to tack on a couple weeks to that (although it seems like 3 months is the norm, so we'll see if that's more accurate).

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22

Li just got back to me and said it'll be more like 3 months because of CNY; 2 months wasn't taking that into account lol. WELL... it is what it is.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Li just got back to me and said it'll be more like 3 months because of CNY; 2 months wasn't taking that into account lol. WELL... it is what it is.

I m going to wait a bit as I have a PP5726 calendar with problems… those ‘complicated’ movements are a pain when they go wrong and I prefer to have myPP serviced and dealt with before buying another of those

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I m going to wait a bit as I have a PP5726 calendar with problems… those ‘complicated’ movements are a pain when they go wrong and I prefer to have my PP serviced and dealt with before buying another of those

Oof, any recommendations for a watchsmith who works on complicated AP movements? I've reached out to a few but most only service the more proliferated movements in reps (7750, 2824, 3135, 4130, etc.). I always make it a point of getting my reps serviced as soon as I get them

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I must say the white ceramic is growing on me but i really like the black so hopefully it won't take three months

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
I must say the white ceramic is growing on me but i really like the black so hopefully it won't take three months

Alright, I just pulled the trigger with Li on the Black Ceramic. Here's to a long 3+ months of waiting.

Except... wait... can it be? Li, you sneaky man https://imgur.com/a/tr4lmcS

Homie has ONE Black Ceramic v2 w/ GMT function on hand, and he waited to tell me until after I committed to waiting for months hahaha

I'm giddy now.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Alright, I just pulled the trigger with Li on the Black Ceramic. Here's to a long 3+ months of waiting.

Except... wait... can it be? Li, you sneaky man https://imgur.com/a/tr4lmcS

Homie has ONE Black Ceramic v2 w/ GMT function on hand, and he waited to tell me until after I committed to waiting for months hahaha

I'm giddy now.

You lucky bugger! Well done and keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
You lucky bugger! Well done and keep us posted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do feel really lucky! I'm hoping the one he has on hand doesn't have any glaring issues because if it's bad enough to RL... then I actually do have to wait 3 months haha

I'll come back with QC pics when I get em. Updates to come!

Reactions: GGEuroHEADSHOT

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I do feel really lucky! I'm hoping the one he has on hand doesn't have any glaring issues because if it's bad enough to RL... then I actually do have to wait 3 months haha

I'll come back with QC pics when I get em. Updates to come!

wow i am envious to say the least PureTime had me settle on the white and then this week said he can get a black ceramic hopefully before the holiday break but will see.
If i get QC i will post them as well

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
Absolutly :D It's never a good time to buy a watch from china, everytime something is in the way. After a month of "new year" celebrations, the obligatory raids happen and factories open in April again, working for 2 month until the summer break :)

Sometimes I don't believe when they say that they subject Chinese workers to extreme jobs haha