• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
The issue about the base, which I have discussed with Flying Tommy and Domi who are currently modding one for me, is that should you shave the base you expose the hands to the base metal, then replate the hands and hope this catches well which is could easily not. The ideal mod here would be gen hands, once mine arrives replated I will evaluate and see whether it’s necessary.

I thought gen hands were near impossible to source?

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Question for you guys who already have a 15202..Does the crown not screw down and lock? I just got mine in and while I can close the crown so that its not sticking out, i can continuously spin it around..But then I do have to reverse the crown a few spins to pull it back out.

Davne25

Supporter // Watchaddict
23/3/17
Germany
Bullflo3 as far as i know the 15202 has no threaded crown tube but rather a pushdown crown. So if you cant lock it in place by screwing everything should be fine :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Bullflo3 as far as i know the 15202 has no threaded crown tube but rather a pushdown crown. So if you cant lock it in place by screwing everything should be fine :)

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Ah ok - thank you! So what about winding the watch? Just wind it in its closed position? Checked on youtube but no luck there.

Reactions: Davne25

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Ah ok - thank you! So what about winding the watch? Just wind it in its closed position? Checked on youtube but no luck there.

Yes wind from “normal” or closed position, even the gen is the same I believe, not the most water resistant watch even in gen form, think it’s “only” 50m water resistant

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Yes wind from “normal” or closed position, even the gen is the same I believe, not the most water resistant watch even in gen form, think it’s “only” 50m water resistant

*Whew* okay, great. I initially had the heart drop of disappointment thinking I received a faulty watch lol.

Keep the thread posted when you get yours back from replating. Is that done in the CONUS?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
*Whew* okay, great. I initially had the heart drop of disappointment thinking I received a faulty watch lol.

Keep the thread posted when you get yours back from replating. Is that done in the CONUS?

The gen 15202 is like that, so don't worry. You wind it by directly turning the crown, and set time by pulling it out. No lock.
I have always stated that the cal. 2121 is an outdated caliber because of the date adjust mechanism, the non-screw down crown and the flimsy stem.
And someone mentioned waterproofing issues in the gen, which I confirm to be true as well. It is a watch which I will highly recommend not taking into the pool even if it passes the waterproof test. All that separates water from the watch internals is a very thin rubber O-ring and if that gives way, its a free rust-fest and a very heavy repair fee.

Last edited:

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Depends on whom you ask. I have a set incoming for a member here. Will send a pic once they arrive.

Thank you, please do! Very keen to see this. Is it a complicated mod that involves changes to the watch or relatively simple swap-a-roo?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you, please do! Very keen to see this. Is it a complicated mod that involves changes to the watch or relatively simple swap-a-roo?

The 15202 gen hands are rare indeed and as such I will not recommend modding them to fit a rep movement.
Said member has a gen 2121 caliber and these gen hands are the icing on the cake for his build.

Yes they are out of reach for the general hobbyists (i.e. eBay, Chrono24 crawlers) but they are not impossible to obtain if you know where to look and whom to ask sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Said member has a gen 2121 caliber and these gen hands are the icing on the cake for his build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to be one beautiful watch, gen 2121, gen hands and i’m sure plenty other sweet parts. Eagerly waiting to see the completed piece sir!

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
The gen 15202 is like that, so don't worry. You wind it by directly turning the crown, and set time by pulling it out. No lock.
I have always stated that the cal. 2121 is an outdated caliber because of the date adjust mechanism, the non-screw down crown and the flimsy stem.
And someone mentioned waterproofing issues in the gen, which I confirm to be true as well. It is a watch which I will highly recommend not taking into the pool even if it passes the waterproof test. All that separates water from the watch internals is a very thin rubber O-ring and if that gives way, its a free rust-fest and a very heavy repair fee.

Thanks for further clarification on the crown. Definitely seems to be less than ideal but I for sure will not be swimming with this piece.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Is there a feasible way to convert the ZF and XF 15202 movements back to function like a normal Miyota 9015 movement as we know it. That is without the date adjustment mechanism and the non-screw down crown to be specific, these gen-like features are more of a minus than a plus IMO. Also, will such a conversion affect the thinness of the watch, ZF or XF? Thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is there a feasible way to convert the ZF and XF 15202 movements back to function like a normal Miyota 9015 movement as we know it. That is without the date adjustment mechanism and the non-screw down crown to be specific, these gen-like features are more of a minus than a plus IMO. Also, will such a conversion affect the thinness of the watch, ZF or XF? Thank you.

Theoretically yes but the cost is inhibitive vs buying a brand new movement, as you are talking about replacing missing parts and all.

Reactions: Allure