New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legend View Post

Let me put it in perspective for you. Find me the thickest plated watch you can in the existence of mankind.
    I’ll show you a can of brasso or autosol. Give me a few seconds with that metal polish and the watch and said plating will be no more.

Comparing thickness of plating is meaningless. We are talking about a slightly longer lifespan and marginally better durability and resilience but not the difference between 1 day and 10 years. No matter how thick a plating is, it WILL wear off eventually. There are no exceptions. We are talking about microns, a depth thin enough for the surface finish and scratches to still show through.

Let’s not even go into plating VS wrapping. Totally nonsensical. In the context of this hobby, wrapping is just a fancy name for plating, but priced more expensively.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your right of course, but I would take those few extra days!

From the few RG reps I have seen it seems the quality of the actual craftsmanship is the biggest differentiator? Some come out of the factory with ‘light’ spots that are the first to show the wear.

Its a shame for us gold bugs that love the gold tones. My favourite franken has some gold plating that I am not looking forward to one day wearing off as I have no local craftsman capable of replating.

So I am resorting to wearing it on special occasions - which is a bummer. But you can’t have everything in life.
    Last edited by Rollie4Life; 02-06-21, 13:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollie4Life View Post

Your right of course, but I would take those few extra days!

From the few RG reps I have seen it seems the quality of the actual craftsmanship is the biggest differentiator? Some come out of the factory with ‘light’ spots that are the first to show the wear.

Its a shame for us gold bugs that love the gold tones. My favourite franken has some gold plating that I am not looking forward to one day wearing off as I have no local craftsman capable of replating.

So I am resorting to wearing it on special occasions - which is a bummer. But you can’t have everything in life.
      If you’re wearing the watch sparingly then the average modern gold plated rep will serve you more than adequately.

Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

Comment

If you’re wearing the watch sparingly then the average modern gold plated rep will serve you more than adequately.

Unless you live in a humid climate like myself, I have terrible experience with RG plating, sun & sweat and plating don't work so well!

Comment

Originally posted by WatchaholicMallorca View Post

Unless you live in a humid climate like myself, I have terrible experience with RG plating, sun & sweat and plating don't work so well!
          I do live in one of the countries with the worst humidities in the world lol. Worse than where you are A lol

If you wear the plated watch out and give it a good wipe down with a dry cloth before storing it in a cool dark and dry place, it will last you many good years.

Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

Comment

I do live in one of the countries with the worst humidities in the world lol. Worse than where you are A lol

If you wear the plated watch out and give it a good wipe down with a dry cloth before storing it in a cool dark and dry place, it will last you many good years.

that is true actually! Haha, maybe it’s just my skin then! I ordered one of these XF and am having Tommy replate it for good measure! My experience this far is rose isn’t a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by WatchaholicMallorca View Post

that is true actually! Haha, maybe it’s just my skin then! I ordered one of these XF and am having Tommy replate it for good measure! My experience this far is rose isn’t a good one!
              I have read somewhere on here that the RG is more prone to tarnish and fading due to the other metal alloys. I think it was copper. No idea if true or not. Sounds like Tommy is everyone’s back up plan lol

Comment

Still no quality pictures yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Bonemeat View Post
                  Still no quality pictures yet?
                  Nope. Still waiting. Been a little over 3 weeks now. Hopefully I'll get it this week. When I do I'll post!

Comment

Hello all, silent member on here for a couple of years now. Received my QC for the 15202zf RG.

Watch looks great (finishes etc.), only glaring issues are the hour hand base (very wide compared to Gen) and the 12 o'clock hour markers are doing a lil dance.

Either way, I approved despite the flaws, which are negligible to me.

I just want the watch because it is one of my grail pieces.

My grails :

5711 Piano dial - Ordered from Trustytime > 2yrs ago (Status : acquired)

5712 - Ordered from PureTime, May 31/21 (Status : waiting for QC)
                    15202 RG - Ordered from PureTime, - (Status : received qc June 6/21)

RM6702 - (Respectable rep is still a dream/non existent).

But less about me, here are the pics, I'll post daylight pics when the watch is in hand.

LINK: https://ibb.co/album/8XYcHL

Note: after uploading the images to the image host site, the RG tone is not accurate compared to the qc I received.

Have a great day gentlemen.

Comment

does the plating look even on the corners of the case? some of the areas look lighter / darker but maybe just lighting. thats really my main concern with all these gold ones

Comment

Originally posted by GBB_19NHS View Post
                        does the plating look even on the corners of the case? some of the areas look lighter / darker but maybe just lighting. thats really my main concern with all these gold ones
                        Usually that’s just residue left over from the plastic. I’ve had RG pieces that looked like that during QC and once I received the watch and cleaned it everything was even.

Comment

Originally posted by n0mvd View Post
                          Hello all, silent member on here for a couple of years now. Received my QC for the 15202zf RG.

Watch looks great (finishes etc.), only glaring issues are the hour hand base (very wide compared to Gen) and the 12 o'clock hour markers are doing a lil dance.

Either way, I approved despite the flaws, which are negligible to me.

I just want the watch because it is one of my grail pieces.

My grails :

5711 Piano dial - Ordered from Trustytime > 2yrs ago (Status : acquired)

5712 - Ordered from PureTime, May 31/21 (Status : waiting for QC)
                          15202 RG - Ordered from PureTime, - (Status : received qc June 6/21)

RM6702 - (Respectable rep is still a dream/non existent).

But less about me, here are the pics, I'll post daylight pics when the watch is in hand.

LINK: https://ibb.co/album/8XYcHL

Note: after uploading the images to the image host site, the RG tone is not accurate compared to the qc I received.

Have a great day gentlemen.

Thanks for sharing! This makes me optimistic that I'll receive my QC pics this week also since we both ordered from the same TD! Thanks again!
                          Last edited by mrlmnop; 08-06-21, 18:29.

Comment

I'm as excited as everyone else to see the photos in person here's hoping you get your new watch soon!

Comment

I just received my QC Pics but i dont know how to attach photos to post on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Echoman View Post
                                I just received my QC Pics but i dont know how to attach photos to post on the forum.
                                https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...s-on-the-forum
                                "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time"

"Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get"

Nerds Assemble - Tissot Trip - Breitling Break

Comment

Working...
                                X