• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

mrlmnop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/2/21
Update guys: PureTime told me the maker will take about a week to get me the QC photos which was 2 days ago so hopefully by this weekend I get the QC pics to post!

Reactions: Denix31

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Thanks for the update mrlmnop! You've got us all sitting here eager in anticipation.

If I recall correctly, I've seen a couple of these new ZF 15202s in Rose Gold floating around Reddit and they look great from what I've seen so far.

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

Meicmo84

14/11/20
Asia
bc4ff5dc2bb982a6bea985148137dcec.jpg

I’ll wait until they make the hour hand base smaller. Don’t know why they manage to get the minute hand base right but not the hour hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
bc4ff5dc2bb982a6bea985148137dcec.jpg

I’ll wait until they make the hour hand base smaller. Don’t know why they manage to get the minute hand base right but not the hour hand...

In order to made the next version, and then another one, and so on till the v123 when, finally hour hand base will have the right dimension.
Unfortunately at v123 the minutes hand base will be increased in measure, so that they will are obliged in making v124...
Nothing new under the sun, today

Reactions: Meicmo84

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
NOT a TD here, but here are some more photos I’ve found while we all wait for some QC to start rolling in.

ZuUboD.jpg

Reactions: jiro

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
weird how in some PT and the other photos bezel screws are fine but then in the second set they are not. seems like a pretty obvious error and dont see how that could be "screwed" up

time2watch

5/4/20
Following and agree re: bezel screws. Curious to see more real photos. Thanks for sharing

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
The waiting game for these QC pics will be the death of me :cry2:

Hopefully taking so long due to the many layers of plating they are doing. :bless:

But based on the price point I’m worried it’s not going to be as thickly plated as we all want it to be.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hopefully taking so long due to the many layers of plating they are doing. :bless:

But based on the price point I’m worried it’s not going to be as thickly plated as we all want it to be.

Let me put it in perspective for you. Find me the thickest plated watch you can in the existence of mankind.
I’ll show you a can of brasso or autosol. Give me a few seconds with that metal polish and the watch and said plating will be no more.

Comparing thickness of plating is meaningless. We are talking about a slightly longer lifespan and marginally better durability and resilience but not the difference between 1 day and 10 years. No matter how thick a plating is, it WILL wear off eventually. There are no exceptions. We are talking about microns, a depth thin enough for the surface finish and scratches to still show through.

Let’s not even go into plating VS wrapping. Totally nonsensical. In the context of this hobby, wrapping is just a fancy name for plating, but priced more expensively.

Reactions: Allure and jiro

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
Let me put it in perspective for you. Find me the thickest plated watch you can in the existence of mankind.
I’ll show you a can of brasso or autosol. Give me a few seconds with that metal polish and the watch and said plating will be no more.

Comparing thickness of plating is meaningless. We are talking about a slightly longer lifespan and marginally better durability and resilience but not the difference between 1 day and 10 years. No matter how thick a plating is, it WILL wear off eventually. There are no exceptions. We are talking about microns, a depth thin enough for the surface finish and scratches to still show through.

Let’s not even go into plating VS wrapping. Totally nonsensical. In the context of this hobby, wrapping is just a fancy name for plating, but priced more expensively.

Your right of course, but I would take those few extra days! :p

From the few RG reps I have seen it seems the quality of the actual craftsmanship is the biggest differentiator? Some come out of the factory with ‘light’ spots that are the first to show the wear.

Its a shame for us gold bugs that love the gold tones. My favourite franken has some gold plating that I am not looking forward to one day wearing off as I have no local craftsman capable of replating.

So I am resorting to wearing it on special occasions - which is a bummer. But you can’t have everything in life. :boohoo:

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Your right of course, but I would take those few extra days! :p

From the few RG reps I have seen it seems the quality of the actual craftsmanship is the biggest differentiator? Some come out of the factory with ‘light’ spots that are the first to show the wear.

Its a shame for us gold bugs that love the gold tones. My favourite franken has some gold plating that I am not looking forward to one day wearing off as I have no local craftsman capable of replating.

So I am resorting to wearing it on special occasions - which is a bummer. But you can’t have everything in life. :boohoo:

If you’re wearing the watch sparingly then the average modern gold plated rep will serve you more than adequately.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
If you’re wearing the watch sparingly then the average modern gold plated rep will serve you more than adequately.

Unless you live in a humid climate like myself, I have terrible experience with RG plating, sun & sweat and plating don't work so well!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Unless you live in a humid climate like myself, I have terrible experience with RG plating, sun & sweat and plating don't work so well!

I do live in one of the countries with the worst humidities in the world lol. Worse than where you are A lol

If you wear the plated watch out and give it a good wipe down with a dry cloth before storing it in a cool dark and dry place, it will last you many good years.

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
I do live in one of the countries with the worst humidities in the world lol. Worse than where you are A lol

If you wear the plated watch out and give it a good wipe down with a dry cloth before storing it in a cool dark and dry place, it will last you many good years.

that is true actually! Haha, maybe it’s just my skin then! I ordered one of these XF and am having Tommy replate it for good measure! My experience this far is rose isn’t a good one!