• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England
You should be receiving QC pics of your watch real soon, I know my order was one of the first in the queue. This was what I received a couple of nights back.
ZSYo45.jpg

If you still continue to have problems, let me know.

We need to talk! I’ve been eying up a Nautilus and Aquanaut as a potential purchase!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

Denix31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/19
Do you guys think that the rose gold color tone plating from ZF is an improvement from the RG plating from the other factories?
They all look so different...

ZF 15202

KZF 15202

JF 15400

GBB_19NHS

Known Member
12/2/15
UK
I am also very tempted on this one. I told myself no more rg because tend to have more issues with plating etc but have another zf stainless steel Royal Oak and really love it, especially the bracelet

Looking forward to hear from the first purchasers in this threat

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
We need to talk! I’ve been eying up a Nautilus and Aquanaut as a potential purchase!

Anything stopping you from buying either? They are both excellent choices sir, well chosen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Anything stopping you from buying either? They are both excellent choices sir, well chosen!

Modificata

I'm Pretty Popular
23/9/14
London, England

More of an issue of trying not to be greedy! As you know I have a lot of APs in the pipeline trying to be happy with what’s coming.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
More of an issue of trying not to be greedy! As you know I have a lot of APs in the pipeline trying to be happy with what’s coming.

Yes sir I’m all about minimalism. :legend:

Reactions: Allure

Bonemeat

Horology Curious
8/5/21
I am also looking into buying this watch, its fantastic looking!
I read somewhere on a huge thread about AP watches written by No_Tail. He said that ZF bracelets were really bad on the 15202.
Is this still the case on this model? or have they updated everything. The price is close to 500 dollars, so they charge extra for this. Anyone knows / can confirm about bracelet issues on RG bracelet 15202.

Thanks! :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I read somewhere on a huge thread about AP watches written by No_Tail. He said that ZF bracelets were really bad on the 15202.

I disagree.

Of course everyone is free to state their opinions on any watch, but proper knowledge forms a significant part of what is credible and what isn't. I believe in reading what others have written as a reference, but will only believe them after I have had the chance to verify the matter myself.
The gen 15202 bracelet, compared to the 15400 and 15500 ones, are definitely more flimsy and the rep 15202 quality follows at least 90% of the gen bracelet in terms of build quality and finish. The gen bracelet can be held and moved slightly side to side, and the rep is the same. The amount of play for both gen and rep will also increase with age, and like ALL metal bracelets, there will be a degree of stretching and loosening as it ages.
The ZF15202 is a good replica and a nice watch. You will appreciate it for what it is, and gives more enjoyment value than the price it commands IMHO. Get the watch, and decide for yourself if the bracelet is bad or not. It is not what anyone else (including me) says, but how you perceive the watch when you have it in hand. Experiences are pretty subjective, so what is bad to one guy can be pretty acceptable to another, and excellent to yet another. Opinions should not be taken as facts, but references on how a watch or detail is interpreted by some. You decide the "facts" for yourself.

mrlmnop

21/2/21
I disagree.

Of course everyone is free to state their opinions on any watch, but proper knowledge forms a significant part of what is credible and what isn't. I believe in reading what others have written as a reference, but will only believe them after I have had the chance to verify the matter myself.
The gen 15202 bracelet, compared to the 15400 and 15500 ones, are definitely more flimsy and the rep 15202 quality follows at least 90% of the gen bracelet in terms of build quality and finish. The gen bracelet can be held and moved slightly side to side, and the rep is the same. The amount of play for both gen and rep will also increase with age, and like ALL metal bracelets, there will be a degree of stretching and loosening as it ages.
The ZF15202 is a good replica and a nice watch. You will appreciate it for what it is, and gives more enjoyment value than the price it commands IMHO. Get the watch, and decide for yourself if the bracelet is bad or not. It is not what anyone else (including me) says, but how you perceive the watch when you have it in hand. Experiences are pretty subjective, so what is bad to one guy can be pretty acceptable to another, and excellent to yet another. Opinions should not be taken as facts, but references on how a watch or detail is interpreted by some. You decide the "facts" for yourself.

Legend, I just want to say thank you for your constant help and transparency with all your posts. I've been lurking around the forums for the last few months just waiting to pull the trigger on a watch I really like. I read all your posts and they're always very honest and straight-forward which I really appreciate. No sugar coating. With that being said I just purchased this watch and I'm really looking forward to my first rep. You're right, it's about how it makes you feel because at the end of the day that's all that matters! And I have no doubt that this will make me feel great, even if I just wear it at home while working. Thanks again for all your contribution. I am grateful for you and I just wanted you to know that! I'm sure many others feel the same!

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Legend, I just want to say thank you for your constant help and transparency with all your posts. I've been lurking around the forums for the last few months just waiting to pull the trigger on a watch I really like. I read all your posts and they're always very honest and straight-forward which I really appreciate. No sugar coating. With that being said I just purchased this watch and I'm really looking forward to my first rep. You're right, it's about how it makes you feel because at the end of the day that's all that matters! And I have no doubt that this will make me feel great, even if I just wear it at home while working. Thanks again for all your contribution. I am grateful for you and I just wanted you to know that! I'm sure many others feel the same!

Why, thank you sir.

I do not expect anyone to treat my opinions as absolute facts and I will like to encourage guys to enjoy their own watches in their own ways. We are in the rep hobby to buy watches to enjoy them and knowing how to do so honestly is still something which is elusive to many.
I will say this so that you understand what I’m trying to communicate:

I know a local friend who is a fellow gen AP collector. He has recently acquired a bone stock zf15202 and I know because he brought it to me for resizing. He is wearing that watch as another gen, and remarked to me that nobody has called him out (or cared). This is a guy who found value in his replica watch, big hand base and all. His confidence and attitude went further than any tell and I think that it’s the ultimate mod any collector can have. And it’s free.

I will be happy if there are more guys like him, who are able to enjoy the rep at face value and let the rest of him do the talking. C Master is a guy I know of who is like that.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

mrlmnop

21/2/21
Why, thank you sir.

I do not expect anyone to treat my opinions as absolute facts and I will like to encourage guys to enjoy their own watches in their own ways. We are in the rep hobby to buy watches to enjoy them and knowing how to do so honestly is still something which is elusive to many.
I will say this so that you understand what I’m trying to communicate:

I know a local friend who is a fellow gen AP collector. He has recently acquired a bone stock zf15202 and I know because he brought it to me for resizing. He is wearing that watch as another gen, and remarked to me that nobody has called him out (or cared). This is a guy who found value in his replica watch, big hand base and all. His confidence and attitude went further than any tell and I think that it’s the ultimate mod any collector can have. And it’s free.

I will be happy if there are more guys like him, who are able to enjoy the rep at face value and let the rest of him do the talking. C Master is a guy I know of who is like that.

Thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

Wow that's so awesome. Thanks for sharing that. Makes me even more excited to get my 15202! I will definitely post it when it arrives! Beyond stoked!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
And said person most likely has never compared the rep 15202 bracelets to a gen 15202 bracelet let alone, as it seems, ever handled a gen.
All the rest has been said by legend, I will not repeat what had already been stated, just add that what was said is 100% correct, as always. Both this and legend's post is based on facts rather than opinions from having handled several gens throughout the various series and models of AP.

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Pics look very solid. Wish they’d do YG, I am not a rose gold person (doesn’t work well with my skin tone), but a YG Royal Oak is a must-buy for me.

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Has anyone received their new ZF 15202 in Rose Gold yet? I'm eagerly awaiting real in-hand images before I can make any firm conclusions. Hopefully the rose gold plating is top notch from ZF!

Reactions: Rollie4Life

bupeapoop

5/9/20

That's awesome to hear legend! It's great hearing stories like this and makes us Rep enthusiasts all the more happy knowing we're making the right decisions whenever we're ordering our reps. The way I see it, If it's good enough for a gen AP collector, it's good enough for all of us here at RWI. The fact your friend isn't too stuck up and has picked himself up a rep and is thoroughly enjoying it makes it all the better. ZF really have done a fantastic job with their AP line and it's great to see them coming out with newer/updated releases.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
That's awesome to hear legend! It's great hearing stories like this and makes us Rep enthusiasts all the more happy knowing we're making the right decisions whenever we're ordering our reps. The way I see it, If it's good enough for a gen AP collector, it's good enough for all of us here at RWI. The fact your friend isn't too stuck up and has picked himself up a rep and is thoroughly enjoying it makes it all the better. ZF really have done a fantastic job with their AP line and it's great to see them coming out with newer/updated releases.

Accord11 here reminds me of my friend. A gen watch owner who discovered the rep world and is happy as a clam at high tide lol.

I think that we as a bunch are way too picky about the reps. These gen owners on the other hand swoop in, grab a BUNCH of reps on their first order and enjoy their horological orgasms when the order arrives. Flaws? What flaws lol. Yes I agree that they are a lot less learned about rep watches but their happiness with the watches more than make up for their ignorance lol

I think it’s all about attitude and self-confidence. The fact of the matter is that nobody cares about our watches more than we do. Wear them like gens and they become gens in our perspectives. See them as two bit reps and that will be what they are. All in the eyes and mind of the owner and the wonderful thing is that the owner is never wrong, whatever he decides.

That is why I find questions like “which color is closest to gen?” meaningless. Pick a color which is most preferred and wear it proudly. The closest color and furthest one are both not gen so just pick one which is preferred rather than one which others think is “gen-like”.

10 guys rushing into the room and yammering that they saw a T-Rex crossing the road isn’t good enough to convince me. I want to see the T-Rex for myself and beyond that, ascertain that it is real and not some movie prop or some dudes in a rubber suit. Same for every member when it comes to reps: Don’t just take opinions blindly. See and feel and learn about the watch on one’s own and decide what it is about. The watch will belong to a guy on his wrist in his world. Why does general consensus even matter? If I think that a watch is good enough for me, it’s good enough no matter what anyone else thinks. A watch is a very individual affair. We don’t need another guy telling you which wife or watch or car to choose. Most of the time, we already know.

bupeapoop

5/9/20
Accord11 here reminds me of my friend. A gen watch owner who discovered the rep world and is happy as a clam at high tide lol.

I think that we as a bunch are way too picky about the reps. These gen owners on the other hand swoop in, grab a BUNCH of reps on their first order and enjoy their horological orgasms when the order arrives. Flaws? What flaws lol. Yes I agree that they are a lot less learned about rep watches but their happiness with the watches more than make up for their ignorance lol

I think it’s all about attitude and self-confidence. The fact of the matter is that nobody cares about our watches more than we do. Wear them like gens and they become gens in our perspectives. See them as two bit reps and that will be what they are. All in the eyes and mind of the owner and the wonderful thing is that the owner is never wrong, whatever he decides.

You make some excellent points here and I honestly couldn't agree with you more on those points!

For someone as new as myself into the world of Reps, there's a good few things that have stood out. One thing that's been especially apparent is how fussy some (not all) watch owners can be when it comes to their watches. Don't get me wrong, I can fully appreciate the passion some people share when it comes to their watches, but let's not forget that these are reps at the end of the day! Reps cost a fraction of the price compared to that of their genuine counterparts. Reps give the everyday working man (like myself) the chance to buy and wear a watch that they may never have ever gotten the chance to do otherwise. For what they are (reps!), the majority of them do a damn good job at imitating the real deal. I mean, I've been EXTREMELY impressed with what I've seen up until now.

If people choose to go out and mod their watches, more power to them. It's great that we have that added option, but honestly, who out there is trying their hardest to pick out faults with whatever watch you're wearing at the time? Like you said legend, it's all about attitude and self-confidence. It's not the watch that makes the man, it's the man that makes the watch. Now I know that sounds awfully cliché, but it's the honest truth. As long as you're not out there trying to pass your rep off as a genuine watch, who really cares?

It's great that we have access to such a wide and varied choice of reps out there. It's great that we have people like yourself here to spread your wealth of knowledge and information. Having various well respected Vendors is an added bonus. We honestly don't have an awful lot to complain about. It's a great scene and I'm glad to now be part of something! Long may it continue!

Reactions: kokikoki