• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

Denix31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/19
Can you guys please point me in the right direction of a US based watchsmith that would be able to shave that pizza hand..?

Pineapple on my pizza but not on my watch...

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Can you guys please point me in the right direction of a US based watchsmith that would be able to shave that pizza hand..?

Pineapple on my pizza but not on my watch...

Contact Tickleshoes, he's a US based watchmaker and has done it before. Ask him if the hand base has to be plated again after shaving, I and others would like to know. Thanks.

Denix31

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
27/5/19
Contact Tickleshoes, he's a US based watchmaker and has done it before. Ask him if the hand base has to be plated again after shaving, I and others would like to know. Thanks.

His website seems down but I will PM him for sure and let you guys know, thanks a lot gentleman!

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
Praying they make a YG version, looks great. I’d have it replated and the hour hand pinion shaved

Rollie4Life

28/7/19

I think it would be safe to assume they will need to be re-plated. Plating is plating, so if they are grinding it back surely it will expose the metal underneath. I would of course love to be proved wrong as it would simplify the mod.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think it would be safe to assume they will need to be re-plated. Plating is plating, so if they are grinding it back surely it will expose the metal underneath. I would of course love to be proved wrong as it would simplify the mod.

The metal below is possibly brass. Polished brass and rose gold will not look distinctly different for that surface area and size. This is subjective visually. But if it’s stainless steel, it’ll be distinctly two tone and let’s just say that’s worse than a roo hopping on your windscreen during a peaceful drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
The metal below is possibly brass. Polished brass and rose gold will not look distinctly different for that surface area and size. This is subjective visually. But if it’s stainless steel, it’ll be distinctly two tone and let’s just say that’s worse than a roo hopping on your windscreen during a peaceful drive.

Domi and Tommy are working on the rose gold one for me now and have replated the watch, they decided mutually against shaving the base down for this exact reason

Rollie4Life

28/7/19

Wow that’s truly an ugly scenario. Trust me iv seen it person. The roo, not the two tone stainless steel lol

Pro tip: If you are driving in our country and do see a roo pop up in front of you - do not swerve. The roo will wright off the car but your life will be saved. A lot of people loose their life by swerving off the road. Plus we have plenty of Roos, more Roos than people actually.

Reactions: legend

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Not a fan of this reference in stainless, I know that makes me a minority on the Internet ....but Really liking this in gold.

Quick question, when the pizza base is shaved down circumferentially, does the mod result in the thinner part of the hour hand, effectively becoming longer (by the amount the pizza base is shaved down circumstantially?)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not a fan of this reference in stainless, I know that makes me a minority on the Internet ....but Really liking this in gold.

Quick question, when the pizza base is shaved down circumferentially, does the mod result in the thinner part of the hour hand, effectively becoming longer (by the amount the pizza base is shaved down circumstantially?)

By an unnoticeable amount yes.
The edges next to the stem are only beveled instead of trimmed away to blend with the the rest of the edges which are both trimmed and beveled to what is allowable.
As this is a mod done by hand, variations are inevitable but this mod is usually done as non-intrusively as possible to retain the geometry of the hands, wrong as they already are.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ah yes, Thank you for that explanation legend.

Congrats Rollie4Life, Lovely looking watch.

@mech500

Actually you’re one of the guys with the best knowledge on the AP brand and it’s always a treat when you choose to share your knowledge and concerns with the rest of us.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ah yes, Thank you for that explanation legend.

Congrats Rollie4Life, Lovely looking watch.

@mech500

Actually you’re one of the guys with the best knowledge on the AP brand and it’s always a treat when you choose to share your knowledge and concerns with the rest of us.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16

The issue about the base, which I have discussed with Flying Tommy and Domi who are currently modding one for me, is that should you shave the base you expose the hands to the base metal, then replate the hands and hope this catches well which is could easily not. The ideal mod here would be gen hands, once mine arrives replated I will evaluate and see whether it’s necessary.

Reactions: Lariram