• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New ZF 15202 in Rose Gold

MrReuben

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/20
How long was the wait from purchased till you got the QC pics ?

Here's the timeline:

June 14: Order placed. Paypal info for verification sent.

June 18: Order processed, Paypal verified, received invoice, paid.

June 20: QC received and approved.

Still waiting on shipping info.

Not bad turnaround time but I should note that they haven't responded to my original whatsapp message throughout the whole process. It has all been done via email.

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Is Rose Gold so sensitive? Especially with sweat?

I dont know... would be my first RG Rep.....

I recently got my first rose gold rep as well, a noob rosegold rubberclad. I live in a country where the weather is usually hot and humid and hence, I tend to sweat a lot as well.
So far I haven’t faced any issues with the plating (and this is an old watch). For care, I always wipe the watch with a microfiber cloth after wearing and store it in a watch case.

Till the time you take proper care of the watch and avoid wearing it daily, you should be fine with the plated reps.

Reactions: BigUnicorn

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I recently got my first rose gold rep as well, a noob rosegold rubberclad. I live in a country where the weather is usually hot and humid and hence, I tend to sweat a lot as well.
So far I haven’t faced any issues with the plating (and this is an old watch). For care, I always wipe the watch with a microfiber cloth after wearing and store it in a watch case.

Till the time you take proper care of the watch and avoid wearing it daily, you should be fine with the plated reps.

For optimal storage conditions try to add a packet of silica gel to the storage box and also keep the watch in said box in a cool and dark area when not worn. Plated RG watches can also last a long time if meticulously cared for. We are talking about years here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
For optimal storage conditions try to add a packet of silica gel to the storage box and also keep the watch in said box in a cool and dark area when not worn. Plated RG watches can also last a long time if meticulously cared for. We are talking about years here.

Thanks for the tip, i’ll add a silica gel packet to it.
Yes Al, they can definitely last for years. I’m pretty sure this RG rubberclad of mine is easily a couple of years old, still no signs of the plating fading off.

Reactions: Lariram

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Yes Al, they can definitely last for years. I’m pretty sure this RG rubberclad of mine is easily a couple of years old, still no signs of the plating fading off.

Wish I were this lucky, I’ve had 3 Rose watches now from range of factories, all last 3/4 months max, hopefully this next one breaks the curse !

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Fading in areas like clasp, general “ displacing “ of the material around the corners and edges of cases, browning and tarnishing. Etc etc. I don’t want to hijack the thread on gold plating problems, but name an issue and I’ve been unlucky enough to I have it. Tommy will replate it and hopefully I never have issues!

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
P..DR..D

I will ask that you keep the generic advice and links out of the AP section please. Stuff about posts technicalities and such.
I get it that you are all about post counts but please, not in here P. I want to keep the section as streamlined as you can.
I think this is the second time I am telling you the same thing.
Lets make it about quality and not quantity. The place to spam posts is in the word games threads, and you can also do it in the newbies section.
But here, let me manage it please. I don't want this place to be overrun by generic links and general helpdesk posts please.

QueTip

A, and here I was thinking he was actually interested in reading all of my posts lol :legend:

Reactions: Lariram

Rollie4Life

28/7/19

I use my own homemade silica packs, just made from silica balls in a plastic breathable bag which is see through. Once silica balls go pink i heat them in a microwave or oven back to blue so it is ready to absorb moisture again.

I find i am doing this every two months so either; i don't know what i'm doing, i don't have the right silica or it is just a pain in the ass in general lol

Wurstriwl

Known Member
24/8/18
What are the main Flaws of this watch? What should we fix after receiving.... ????

Plating will be done by Tommy.

Watyouseek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21

Would it be okay too if you use some droplets of dawn ,to clean the watch with warm water then wipe it with the microfiber cloth? Or would dawn be too abrasive for the plating

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Would it be okay too if you use some droplets of dawn ,to clean the watch with warm water then wipe it with the microfiber cloth? Or would dawn be too abrasive for the plating

I am not familiar with dawn sorry, but I will not recommend any cleaning solution at all. Just a soft wet cloth and then a dry soft one. It is not difficult to maintain the plating if you know the basics of caring for metal cases. Does not take expertise, but basic diligence and consistency.

Reactions: Allure

Wurstriwl

Known Member
24/8/18
Hey Guys, I received my QC. What do u think about my watch? :)
wreXAki.jpeg

QC pics:

https://imgur.com/a/Tr0TdiJ

QC video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-T3Uf4YguQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv6ybuxUm4g

Timegrapher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2O5DW9YLy4

wreXAki.jpeg

Thanks for your help :)

Last edited:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Hey Guys, I received my QC. What do u think about my watch?

As an RWI senior member, I hope you have approved the watch before posting all this here.

As per your question I think you are a grown-up individual who can take his/her own decisions. You don’t need anyone to hold your hand to approve a watch do you? Or do you still go shopping with your mum?

Otherwise please go and read THE RULES about posting QC pics.

[mention]legend [/mention]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: c_hall100