• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Manners maketh man.

Audemarslover

Horology Curious
26/11/14
Where can I take courses for good forum etiquette?

Last edited by a moderator:

Audemarslover

Horology Curious
26/11/14
What is this AP model?

I don’t know how to say please or thank you but y’all better answer any question I ask. I demand that.

(There fixed it for you. Come back again when you learn some manners)

Last edited by a moderator:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

What happened to “please” and “thank you”?
Or do you think this is an information counter set up for your private use lol
If you’re here seeking help and help has been given the least you can do is to say thank you. Not ask another question in such a self-entitled way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I don’t know how to say please or thank you but y’all better answer any question I ask. I demand that.

(There fixed it for you. Come back again when you learn some manners)

Ahaha brother, you're an impressive ventriloquist, I didn't know you had that talent :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ahaha brother, you're an impressive ventriloquist, I didn't know you had that talent :D

Please don't tell anyone that, T, or we will never have beer again in our neighborhood while talking crap about QueTip (who is also our new neighbor btw) :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

Tobel

6/7/17
Please don't tell anyone that, T, or we will never have beer again in our neighborhood while talking crap about QueTip (who is also our new neighbor btw) :hehehe:

Apologies, I will keep this as our secret!! :D
how about these beers?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Apologies, I will keep this as our secret!! :D
how about these beers?

We will have one with Q and share a joint wristie soon!
If I map all 3 of our addresses, we are literally walking distance from each other within a triangle lol

Audemarslover

Horology Curious
26/11/14
I am very sorry for acting this way. I would be grateful if you can find it in you to forgive me.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am very sorry for acting this way. I would be grateful if you can find it in you to forgive me.

I am sorry too for editing your post, I thought you were not responding to the answers you were given.
Since then, I have been told that there are more appropriate ways to handle this and I will take that advice.

To answer your question, the model is a 5402, and yes it is authentic.

To resolve this problem, lets attend the same forum etiquette course together Audemarslover lol.

Reactions: Allure and Raddave

Tobel

6/7/17
We will have one with Q and share a joint wristie soon!
If I map all 3 of our addresses, we are literally walking distance from each other within a triangle lol

however lazy I'm feeling these days, I think this is achievable :D

Audemarslover

Horology Curious
26/11/14
Good morning all,
I hope you are all keeping well and safe.
I have started my posting with you on the wrong foot and I hope you would forgive my rudeness. The fact is that I am a relatively old member who was away from the forum for a while and was very excited about my latest accomplishment which I wanted to share with you. I have started my post by asking you about the model of the AP displayed and whether it was fake. In fact, I already knew it was the famous 5402 that has seen better days. OR IS IT ? in fact this is fake...
Modified by yours truly, it was the 140$ Royal oak 15202 with blue dial and quartz movement.
I have noticed :
1. The casing is slim
2. No second hand
3. Covered Back

So I purchased one from Sead and modified it as follows:

1. Printed new date dial font on my computer by redrawing the Arabic numeral fonts (Black on White) then glued it on the old dial wheel.
2. Removed the gloss from the dial and removed the wording Audemars Piguet (Since the font is updated)
3. Made the dial look old by using yogurt (yes heard me well) as the bacteria over 10 days will eat out the essence of steel
4. Separated the AP logo and then got the two letterings closer together
5. Removed AP logo from the crown
6. As the serial number on the back was 166 I scratched the number 1 to look like the letter A (as in A series) and I got A66
7. Changed the buckle to a simple single fold and had all wordings engraved on it then fabricated the clasp cover with Audemars Piguet on it
8. I have washed the entire thing with strong chemicals and had it turn for a while with ceramic grails
9. Separated all the langs of the bracelet with steel separators (with heat) to make it look tired and saggy
10. Scratched the entire thing (must have overdone it) to make it look heavily worn and distract the eye from any obvious mistakes.

I have been wearing the watch for a while now and only a few who know what 5402 is believed it was genuine and those who dont blamed me for keeping this old trash and advised me to buy the new 15400. Obviously,
my intention is not to fool people but this one managed to do the trick. I wore it modestly and those who appreciate the 5402 are modest in nature.

Reactions: SHB and legend

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Audemarslover more pics please :)

3. Made the dial look old by using yogurt (yes heard me well) as the bacteria over 10 days will eat out the essence of steel

:hehehe:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Now that's how ya make an intro, welcome back.

Fair play on the level of work & am sure you look down with pride knowing you did it yourself so congratulations.
Lovely pic by the way, very refined ;)

Stay safe.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think its talent, managing to make a 5402 look gen. But this is a vintage model, and with proper ageing, mods and presentation, it is not unreasonable to think that a well-modded vintage royal oak is gen. It looks good as it is, and I do maintain my stance that the watch looks gen as a vintage AP, even with your explanation. It is hard to distinguish the gen from the rep given the wearing and deterioration of the gens by now, so assuming that it is gen based on casual inspection is what most would do, especially in real life.
You got yourself a winner, congrats! I like what you have done with the watch.