• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Full Diamond AP - best quality I've seen (pics) - Who makes?

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
(I understand the full 'bust downs' aren't the taste of many people here - so please forego your opinion, that's not what this post is about)

Recently founds these CZ set reps that China is producing with incredibly precise stone settings (15400s along with, Rolex, Patek) - apparently done by a machine. See picture / video.

I have been unable to find the factory / agent online so figured I'd check here. I've only found them through a reseller in the US who claims they are the only one getting directly from China. His price is about $1k.

Being familiar with the authentic market and aftermarket set watches, to get this quality of setting on a watch - with over 2,500 set stones - a jeweler would charge a minimum of $1 / per setting (plus the cost of the stones). So this is why it seems a little incredible to me, even for China.

Not sure what reps they're using for the base 15400, ZF, XF or JF.

I've dealt with some of the top name jewelers in the US and have rarely seen this quality of precision. I've never seen an (authentic) AP with a diamond set crown even, which is incredible.

Question: has anyone seen these before? Do you know who makes?

Haven't kept up on the rep game in over a year so not sure if these are fairly common. Yes, I've seen other mfgrs do these full diamonds, but never with the quality of setting- even on the sides of the bracelet. They're even producing with Moissanite stones. Innovation in reps never ceases to amaze me, but imho these are on a whole other level it seems...

Thanks in advance for any insight!

[video]https://streamable.com/1hk82i[/video]

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
One expert on this is QueTip
Guy owns more ice than eskimos on a winter day lol

I know nothing about diamonds on watches so I’ll just wish you all the best in your endeavors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: seba0112

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
Probably seeing the dw and the back it’s not a zf 15400 base

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
legend thank you.

QueTip have you seen these before? the quality of the settings is unbelievable. From the pictures/videos it's the same, maybe even better, than what I've seen some of the top jewelers produce.

As for the base, guessing they are not using the best 15400 rep out there? If they're going to this level of detail / quality on the settings, you'd think they'd at least use the best 15400 rep available as a base...

Takel98

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
22/7/19
Europe
I’ll tell you what I found of a non td, they are selling it for 35000 yuan(which is around 4500 euro) but they claim to be a zf 15400(by the movement and dw this might be the case but can’t be sure) and real diamonds, all the other stuff they sell are priced a little higher then td but not crazy higher (like the price for a 15500 zf is around 560 dollars so around 100 dollars more then td).
the setting on these seems to be the same as the picture you posted above, don’t know ho accurate and reliable this piece is(if it’s actually gen diamonds though the price it might be gen lab growns..) but still is a 5000 dollars rep don’t know if it’s really worth it..

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
QueTip have you seen these before? the quality of the settings is unbelievable. From the pictures/videos it's the same, maybe even better, than what I've seen some of the top jewelers produce.
It's not as good as you may think it is. Cheap rep setting mostly is very rough and badly done. Likely the same with this one. Please don't measure the top us jewellers work as most of them are either complete trash or outsourcing themselves. Compared to that, this piece is still far far behind.

the setting on these seems to be the same as the picture you posted above
Not the same setting.

Reactions: Takel98

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

noobwatchguy

Horology Curious
16/1/19
QueTip thanks for the insight.

In your opinion, whats the best full-diamond rep out there (doesn't need to be AP, could be Rolex)?

Either in quality of settings and also quality of base model? Or ideally both...
Thanks in advance for any further insight.