• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Code 11.59 series

irinakova

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/20
Hello, does anybody know if this rep is available for any of these models? I have tried to search forum. Thank you

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
There's thread about this model, even a review if I recall.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I have 2 gen code 11.59 in my collection and have seen a rep purchased by a member here. It is nothing like the gen, naturally, but looks surprisingly good for what it is.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Why does it look nothing like it?

The code 11.59 is a watch with a lot of exquisite and fine details which can never be replicated accurately. Yes some may argue that the code 11.59 isn’t a good looking watch, but it truly is a watch which needs to be appreciated in person.
If you’re expecting the rep to be something which looks and feels identical to the gen, it’s a very unrealistic notion. I doubt there’s a need to explain too much. If you know your gen APs you’ll know that the rep can be nothing like it. Not even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Qoqa

22/2/21
I approve what legend just said, I tried a gen a year ago, and it will be so hard to copy. Btw I am really impressed about what they have done for 400$. I may consider to get one to check that by myself in the future cause the pics look promising !

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I approve what legend just said, I tried a gen a year ago, and it will be so hard to copy. Btw I am really impressed about what they have done for 400$. I may consider to get one to check that by myself in the future cause the pics look promising !

Having seen and tried it, you’ll know very well then that the watch is about craftsmanship and details and it’s one of the watches which look much better in person VS pictures.

Reactions: Allure

Qoqa

22/2/21
Sure, this watch is more about a craftsmanship demonstration than a truly desirable watch, I mean the harmony between all the components could have been better. I'm waiting to see how the factories will manage the gradient dial for these 11.59, and if they can make it a little thinner ! Once these new versions available, I may take one as I said. If they make them.... Cause there is no such love for this collection....

Reactions: legend

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Rep thickness is 13mm. How much is the genuine one?

Le Brassus puts a lot of information on their website.....

afd9c452d67f81e61e6213684985aba8.png

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Don’t buy the rep, it would be an “instant tell” since I haven’t found a single person yet wearing this gen on the street. It is a shame AP put so much effort to release a model line that hasn’t found too much love, I guess AP is still about Royal Oak only.

That said, I still think the code 11:59 is well made watch. I saw one at a local boutique and it sure is impressive when you look at it in person.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Don’t buy the rep, it would be an “instant tell” since I haven’t found a single person yet wearing this gen on the street. It is a shame AP put so much effort to release a model line that hasn’t found too much love, I guess AP is still about Royal Oak only.

That said, I still think the code 11:59 is well made watch. I saw one at a local boutique and it sure is impressive when you look at it in person.

During the private viewing session, the AP staff took time to describe the artistry and exquisite details of the watch. It is a pity that the confluence of all those very fine features somehow cannot translate to a real life wow factor. The watch does look better in person for me compared with online pics, but still, the watch works best as a conversation piece OFF the wrist, where the watch is passed around at the table at an AP collector whiskey party and appreciated with a loupe. It is one of the few watches I have seen which is best admired holding it in the hand rather than wearing it. Still, I purchased 2 of these just to build the client profile with the brand (and sold one at a $7k loss lol). It is comfortable and luxurious to wear, don't get me wrong, but I simply could not develop wrist chemistry with it.

Reactions: Allure and srhoque

monkeypie

9/12/08
It is a pity that the confluence of all those very fine features somehow cannot translate to a real life wow factor.

Definitely agree. I basically walk by an AP boutique almost daily and it usually has a 11.59 on display in the shop windows.

I think the 11.59 is like a multi-course three star Michelin meal - every single detail of every dish is done perfectly - but put in a blender and served together as an unappealing sum of all of its parts.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I think the 11.59 is like a multi-course three star Michelin meal - every single detail of every dish is done perfectly - but put in a blender and served together as an unappealing sum of all of its parts.

lol I could not have said it better. I think your description is the most apt that I have come across :hehehe:
It is a known fact that the newer "smoked dial" models derived from the feedback given by clients of the brand after the first batch got released. The smoked dial models definitely improved the look of the watch, and this was evident from the reception to the largely unattainable Bolshoi limited edition. I think that AP could have done better with an enamel dialed, Royal Oak shaped watch on straps in lieu of the current Code 11.59, which seems intent to dilute the DNA of the brand, but forcibly shoved down the throats of AP collectors and enthusiasts over the world. Sales agents are taught to always proclaim that the Code 11.59s are sold out and popularity is soaring, but forums, chats with fellow AP collectors, and the resale market tells a totally different story. I don't deny that the product line can continue to evolve until it becomes palatable to more, but at this current stage, the watch is something which you will feel better admiring off a friend's wrist than owning it yourself. Like you artfully said, each detail was exquisitely executed but they fail to charm when combined into a single unit.

Reactions: Allure

Qoqa

22/2/21
During the private viewing session, the AP staff took time to describe the artistry and exquisite details of the watch. It is a pity that the confluence of all those very fine features somehow cannot translate to a real life wow factor. The watch does look better in person for me compared with online pics, but still, the watch works best as a conversation piece OFF the wrist, where the watch is passed around at the table at an AP collector whiskey party and appreciated with a loupe. It is one of the few watches I have seen which is best admired holding it in the hand rather than wearing it. Still, I purchased 2 of these just to build the client profile with the brand (and sold one at a $7k loss lol). It is comfortable and luxurious to wear, don't get me wrong, but I simply could not develop wrist chemistry with it.

Legend, I was thinking about the client profile you are talking about, I am about to purchase a gen 15500 and a 15450, and I plan to take a 15202 after that (but I may have to sell the 15500 to purchase this one). Do they mind if you sell a watch or they are just looking to the overall watches you bought in the past? What kind of pieces do you recommand to build this profile client? We can go private if you feel better talking about that there. Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Legend, I was thinking about the client profile you are talking about, I am about to purchase a gen 15500 and a 15450, and I plan to take a 15202 after that (but I may have to sell the 15500 to purchase this one). Do they mind if you sell a watch or they are just looking to the overall watches you bought in the past? What kind of pieces do you recommand to build this profile client? We can go private if you feel better talking about that there. Thanks

To be honest, the 15500 won't build your profile, because they are more of the watches everyone wants to get them at retail prices. I currently own 2x gen 15500 and 2x Code 11.59, and also 2x 15400s all purchased from AP except for a 15400 purchased used. If you want to build a profile with them in this current climate, the only way is to purchase the code 11.59 or 2 and even then, there is no promises. You sound like you can just walk in and purchase the gens you named from any boutique at any time. That cannot be the case unless the watch has been previously allocated to you for purchase. You can sell any watch you purchased, they won't care.
You need to understand that unless you're a VVVIP, purchasing an allocated watch effectively "resets" your status and you need to buy all the "Filler" watches to get the next one. So it may be better to manage your expectations accordingly. In this game, the power is with the boutique and the brand, not the buyer. So if you have been allocated the 15500, good for you, but unless you are already doing serious business with the brand, it is a very long journey filled with buying and selling watches you don't really want, to get to the ones you desire.

Qoqa

22/2/21
Thanks for these informations, actually for the 15500 and 15450, the boutique has promised me these for September 2023 (special occasion). But I think they can still say "no" to me when reaching this deadline to give it to Vip client, that's what I don't really want..
I've been there a year ago and had a good feeling with the seller, i am in the watch industry and maybe that helped... He told me for the 15202 4 to 7 years to wait, so there, I just heard "you won't get it dude", but he was pretty ok for the 2 others. I am also about to buy a 26331OR to a friend, due to a very very good price, they don't care as well I guess? That's a lot of project, and I have to manage where to put my money. I will not be able to afford a few others before I think to build my profile then..
The reset you are talking about is interesting, I didn't realize it but it seems pretty obvious now.

Interesting game !