• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Rubber Strap for 41MM

Andy23039

Horology Curious
6/7/14
Hi All, got a AP 15500 from PureTime on the way on metal bracelet. I want to put onto a black rubber strap, has anyone done this? Any sites to recommend? Was looking at ebay and etsy for straps but seems like there are nuanced lug measurements that make it tough to swap a rubber strap onto it. Honestly, need some expert help to sort through the noise!

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I concur... but I like it ahahah

Or buy few on AliE! But they are pretty rubbish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL

AliE strap is for plastic lover only :hehehe:

I would feel bad to wear a 500usd rep on a 10usd plastic feel strap :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
LOL

AliE strap is for plastic lover only :hehehe:

I would feel bad to wear a 500usd rep on a 10usd plastic feel strap :D

You make the 500USD rep sound like a luxurious and prestigious deal and something to be worshipped. It is not. All these statements are subjective.
Also, comparing the price proportion of the rep and the straps do not make sense.

Rep watch is $500 and straps are $10. or 2% of the price.
Gen rubber straps cost say.. $300 and gen royal oak is $30k now. Or about 1-1.2% of the watch price.
So conversely, will it be overkill to put the $300 straps on a $500 watch, when it is 60% of the value?
Rep watches are just fun items with a large entertainment/price ratio. Put whatever you want on it and it will remain a cheap fun watch. No straps can change that.

Andy23039

Horology Curious
6/7/14
Agree that a strap should not me 60% of the price. Anyone have links to the cheap ones that are for metal bracelet?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Just for the fun of it I switched from the steel bracelet to the rubber strap and then to leather. In the end I returned to the steel bracelet, AP ROs just looks best with steel bracelets IMO.

Gin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/21
To each his own. There is no global guideline on the strap being 10% or 50% of the watch. There is only your personal preference. There are people who buy a $1500 gen dial for a $500 rep with a $50 movement. what's the difference?

For me, I buy the strap I like and can afford. My idea of buying a rep is so that I can mod the watch all I want, the way I want without feeling guilty. Straps are the easiest to mod. yellow today, red tomorrow.

I will shell out $300 for a Rubber B strap on a $500 rep but less likely to do it for a $50K gen. That's me.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

Gin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/21

jdtndt.png

This is an example of a RO with a blue Rubber B. It is because of this picture, I started to be on the lookout of an AP RO and started reading the hundreds of pages on RO 15400+15500.

It is also because of this pic that helped me decide on the blue dial instead of the "more gen like" black dial.

For me its not a crime but instead it is just screams "good weekend fun" or "wear a rubber AP lookalike to the bars in Bangkok without the fear of being mugged of your $50k watch."

I buy reps to mod :thumbsup:

Reactions: leo6929