• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem with AP 15400 watch band

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/15
Hi guys, I recently purchased a 15400 from trustytime and one of the links is loose for the 2nd time. The first time I went to a watch repair shop and they fixed it, a month later the same link on the other side is now loose. I have 2 more screws, is there a way to safely do this myself? Or what is your suggestion?

image0.jpg

Thank you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I’ll advise you to swap the bracelet for a more sturdy one. The repair may not hold up for long in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
TDs doesn't offer a "warranty" for such issues? Or it's only for the movements issues.
I know it's not Amazon but maybe your TD can work something out for you?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Hi guys, I recently purchased a 15400 from trustytime and one of the links is loose for the 2nd time. The first time I went to a watch repair shop and they fixed it, a month later the same link on the other side is now loose. I have 2 more screws, is there a way to safely do this myself? Or what is your suggestion?

image0.jpg

Thank you.

FYI
If you need another bracelet I have one for sale.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/5/15
FYI
If you need another bracelet I have one for sale.

Price?

I spoke with Andrew from Trustytime, he said the factory does not offer warranty for this unfortunately... Nothing I can do, going to get it repaired with last bolt they gave me and see if it holds up - if not I'll buy another bracelet. May be interested in yours grillbrill, send me pix. Thank you.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
There’s no warranty but ask for a replacement strap at cost price

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ch33zy

Horology Curious
2/1/20
I had the same Problem on my ZF 15500. I got half a replacement bracelet from Ryan, works like a charm for me!

Ch33zy

Horology Curious
2/1/20
legend I just contacted Ryan and he sourced it for me, worked great!
I think it was 7 or 8 links from the top of the bracelet to the clasp.Got it for 65$ I think so I am extremely happy with that.
I PayPaled him the money and he send it over. Buying a whole bracelet was 188$ i think.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend I just contacted Ryan and he sourced it for me, worked great!
I think it was 7 or 8 links from the top of the bracelet to the clasp.Got it for 65$ I think so I am extremely happy with that.
I PayPaled him the money and he send it over. Buying a whole bracelet was 188$ i think.

That’s very nice and good way to resolve the issue. All’s well which ends well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I know the issue is done, but this post reminded me of a video I saw many years ago...If the rep bracelet is constructed like the gen, and I believe it is, I think it would be very difficult for a normal person without the equipment to repair... https://youtu.be/Bh1Xww576Yc

The rep bracelet links and connecting parts are not like the gen. The gen allows for reparability, but not the rep.
In the rep, it makes a lot more sense to simply replace the bracelet.

Reactions: Allure and miscusi