• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Who knows a good dealer for gen AP spare parts / 15400

meckintosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
EU
Hey folks,

can anyone of you recommend a good dealer for gen AP parts?
Would be of great help!

Thanks!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Smh :facepalm:

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Go into an AP boutique and ask for the parts you want. That’s how I got my 15202 hands, dial, and case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Go into an AP boutique and ask for the parts you want. That’s how I got my 15202 hands, dial, and case.

Oh don’t tease.
You should mention it came with the rest of the watch, box and papers and a 1 year wait.

Reactions: Allure

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Oh don’t tease.
You should mention it came with the rest of the watch, box and papers and a 1 year wait.

True. Or u must be watchsmith that affidavit with them. Otherwise, u cannot get part without any paperwork. If that easy, rep will all gen.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
It was a joke. Found those for sale online. People sell random things if you just keep an eye out. Just a matter of patience.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
It was a joke. Found those for sale online. People sell random things if you just keep an eye out. Just a matter of patience.

Yes I got that it was a joke.
The point there was that a relatively new guy came on and asked for sources of gen AP parts. I know of 4 sources personally:

1. Ebay
2. C24
3. M2M in various forums online
4. Private sellers who have the resources and means (directly or otherwise) to procure the parts. Prior relationships often need to be established with such sellers before the parts can be purchased, and such relationships are established by purchasing existing parts offered by said sellers. In this way, they are like the Rolex or AP ADs, and you have to buy their "in stock" models before being offered the really good stuff.

Sources 1-2 are public, and 3 is semi-public (since you need to be members of the forums before allowing access to the sales section).
Source 4 is where the really good stuff are IMHO. I have established a few of those channels myself over many years and many deals. But I doubt anyone who have taken the time, trouble and money to establish their standings in this privileged position would give it up to a stranger just because he asks, and for good reasons too.

There is just no shortcut in this matter. You either get very lucky, get referred by someone, or build the relationship yourself one deal at a time. Asking such a question openly show ignorance to the process and it is akin to asking "can someone send me $50 please?" and providing his account details and then sitting back and hoping to get lucky. QueTip's facetious reply embodies everything I have said in one fell swoop. He is definitely one guy who knows where to get hold of such sellers but these sellers need to be protected as part of the game, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why.

meckintosh

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/4/20
EU
Yes I got that it was a joke.
The point there was that a relatively new guy came on and asked for sources of gen AP parts. I know of 4 sources personally:

1. Ebay
2. C24
3. M2M in various forums online
4. Private sellers who have the resources and means (directly or otherwise) to procure the parts. Prior relationships often need to be established with such sellers before the parts can be purchased, and such relationships are established by purchasing existing parts offered by said sellers. In this way, they are like the Rolex or AP ADs, and you have to buy their "in stock" models before being offered the really good stuff.

Sources 1-2 are public, and 3 is semi-public (since you need to be members of the forums before allowing access to the sales section).
Source 4 is where the really good stuff are IMHO. I have established a few of those channels myself over many years and many deals. But I doubt anyone who have taken the time, trouble and money to establish their standings in this privileged position would give it up to a stranger just because he asks, and for good reasons too.

There is just no shortcut in this matter. You either get very lucky, get referred by someone, or build the relationship yourself one deal at a time. Asking such a question openly show ignorance to the process and it is akin to asking "can someone send me $50 please?" and providing his account details and then sitting back and hoping to get lucky. QueTip's facetious reply embodies everything I have said in one fell swoop. He is definitely one guy who knows where to get hold of such sellers but these sellers need to be protected as part of the game, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure out why.

Thanks for the great answer mate ...
Yes, I`m still some kind of new to this game, but just because I bought such a great rep from another formum member last year.
Now I got my hands on a 15400 and try to spice it up, just little .... and it's hard to get good parts.
I will try to be patient and source from other member I guess.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the great answer mate ...
Yes, I`m still some kind of new to this game, but just because I bought such a great rep from another formum member last year.
Now I got my hands on a 15400 and try to spice it up, just little .... and it's hard to get good parts.
I will try to be patient and source from other member I guess.

You have great attitude, so please let me tell you that asking this question on an open thread isn't likely to get you great responses, for the reasons I mentioned.
Take time to scour C24 and Ebay. You can also PM me on what parts you are looking for, I can try to help you out if I can.