• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice needed on my 15450 Franken Build

liq2

Known Member
4/12/16
Hello!

I'm hoping to grab some input from the crew on a franken 15450 white dial that I'm beginning to finalize. I'm already in touch with a well trusted modder on RWI who is advising as well.

The goal of this build is to be ~10% of authentic, but have something that is highly wearable alongside a gen collection. Trying to overcome major flaws. I'd like to look down at it and not see glaring flaws or and eliminate any parts that feel cheap (like a bad bracelet or clunky movement). I realize we can't get to 100% on everything, but just trying to do the best I can at around that 10% of retail mark.

Here's what I'm thinking:

JF v2 15450
Authentic White Dial install
Case thinning to OEM specs
Case and bracelet edge bevel and polish
Bezel screws alignment and polish
Service rotor bearing assembly (silence of rotor)

I'd love your help on what else I've missed.

An example might be hand replacement. Not cheap, but do you think it is a must to meet the intended goals?

Thanks everyone!

wkim8732

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
30/10/17
TW
we gon be twinsies!

Z8eOdL.jpg

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Looks like a fantastic build. I have no edits really, except maybe a prof xtal. I k now 2xAR is not gen-like (it's AR on the underside only), but it makes the watch pop a bit more.

Reactions: MasterWatch

liq2

Known Member
4/12/16
Looks like a fantastic build. I have no edits really, except maybe a prof xtal. I k now 2xAR is not gen-like (it's AR on the underside only), but it makes the watch pop a bit more.

Do you think the +$1k on gen hands is worth it?

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Can you put gen hands without a gen movement?

Yea. Either shave the hand base's hole or use an adapter. Both very easy for a seasoned watchsmith.

Burbizia

29/8/20
I have a 15400 with gen Dial.
Dial is amazing, totaly worth it.

I know we are talking about two very different watches, but seeing the one posted from user wkim8732, I would adress to you to discuss with your modder the only issue my franken has: DW aligment.
In some numbers my is very upsetting.
Look-out for this.
As far as I know this could not be solved even with a gen DW, since movement is a little different (not sure if is it true).

Regards

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Do you think the +$1k on gen hands is worth it?

I personally don't in this instance. The JF hands are great, but that is up to the wearer of course. For me the dial is the biggest bang for your buck, followed by date disc (which isn't needed with JF). Hands is a far off thing for most builds.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I personally don't in this instance. The JF hands are great, but that is up to the wearer of course. For me the dial is the biggest bang for your buck, followed by date disc (which isn't needed with JF). Hands is a far off thing for most builds.

I agree with you on the hands.
Gen dw cannot be used with the miyota movement both in terms of size and also date orientation. And yes it’s unnecessary too, the datewheel is also done well with the JF like you said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure