• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What oils/lubes/grease for servicing a JF ROO with A7750 movement

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I bought an AP ROO rose gold rep by JF with the A7750 movement. The watch is a work of art and JF did an amazing job. However, when I opened the box and put it on my timegrapher it was running +34 seconds a day and in the QC pics it was running just +4 seconds a day. So I think the solution is getting it serviced and my local certified Rolex watchmaker is a friend who has no problem working on reps, but he is unfamiliar with the A7750 movement. Can anyone tell me what type of oil/grease/lube I should ask my watchmaker to use when servicing the A7750? And since no thread is complete without some good photos....

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
All ETA tech/service sheets are on their website. I would just follow their recommendations and use the same oils (but I am not a pro)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Isn't it more cost effective to purchase another A7750 because the service costs are higher than the price of a new movement?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
All ETA tech/service sheets are on their website. I would just follow their recommendations and use the same oils (but I am not a pro)

hanski

Renowned Member
25/4/18
Assuming your watchmaker is doing a thorough job and once the movement is cleaned, you'll need the following (or their other brand equivalents):

- Moebius 9010
- Moebius HP 1300
- Moebius 9415
- Moebius 8217
- Moebius 8141
- Epilame Episurf-Neo
- Moebius V105
- Moebius V106

And since your watchmaker isn't familiar with the movement, here is a good walkthrough you can share with them: https://www.watchrepairtalk.com/top...alkthrough-the-industry-standard-chronograph/

Good Luck!

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Yes.... but... I have an extra movement from a franken build. Less than an hour of running time if you’re interested. Can make a sale posting

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Isn't it more cost effective to purchase another A7750 because the service costs are higher than the price of a new movement?

For this movement, a service and Swiss mainspring is always recommended for reliability so even if he buys a new movement, he needs to consider a service for it as well.
The design of the movement is precarious at best and the reliability issue isn’t solved by a new movement (as the design and inherent problems remain the same)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
For this movement, a service and Swiss mainspring is always recommended for reliability so even if he buys a new movement, he needs to consider a service for it as well.
The design of the movement is precarious at best and the reliability issue isn’t solved by a new movement (as the design and inherent problems remain the same)

What he said. However if you dont play with the chrono it can be a decently reliable movement