• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Diver

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it possible to turn the inner bezel using the pusher at 10olock for the 15703?

Theoretically yes but note that the dive bezel mechanism is flimsy in the rep. I will recommend that it is left alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it possible to turn the inner bezel using the pusher at 10olock for the 15703?

Theoretically yes but note that the dive bezel mechanism is flimsy in the rep. I will recommend that it is left alone.

Reactions: Allure

maitre yoda

11/1/19
France - Savoie
I will not recommend the Miyota IF you want a quiet movement which can be converted to the correct 21600bph.
The rest of the watch like cyclop, dial, case, etc can all be modded like the A2824 movement otherwise.

Thanks for the feedback.
I have Seiko with Miyota and no worries.
I would have more confidence with this movement than an Asian clone, hence my choice.
It is true that I pay more attention to the movement than to the aesthetic level.
Suddenly I have a doubt in my choice ...

;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Thanks for the feedback.
I have Seiko with Miyota and no worries.
I would have more confidence with this movement than an Asian clone, hence my choice.
It is true that I pay more attention to the movement than to the aesthetic level.
Suddenly I have a doubt in my choice ...

;)

The difference is your seiko will have been assembled by a watchsmith in sterile conditions, whereas the miyota in the zf will either be over-oiled, bone dry or come with free pubes

maitre yoda

11/1/19
France - Savoie
The difference is your seiko will have been assembled by a watchsmith in sterile conditions, whereas the miyota in the zf will either be over-oiled, bone dry or come with free pubes

in principle I totally agree but we can think the same thing with another type of movement. So which one to choose ...

;)

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
in principle I totally agree but we can think the same thing with another type of movement. So which one to choose ...

;)

I would always choose the eta clone. I swapped my clone for a gen eta and slow beat converted it. Not a fan of the miyota.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Man. I placed order but still waiting. Over month but nothing..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rollie4Life

28/7/19
It really is brother! A few people have broken their necks to sneak a peek lol

It was my first decent AP and now I’m addicted. Thanks legend for pointing me in the right direction with this one!

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Sadly not avaliable anymore for now. I had to order the JF V10 which is the only avaliable. Still waiting for QC photos.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Just FYI ZF isnt avaliable but a JF V10. I just approved my QC photis. Great substitute.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
If you are happy with it we are happy for you, but the difference is striking.. Not a substitute for me.

I been looking at both and with a Gen and man its hard to tell. Both ZF and JF are so close. Each has one thing over the other. But im happy especially with the conditions we are in today with the raids. We will see how its in natrual light. I did want the ZF but maybe when things reopen I can have both.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I been looking at both and with a Gen and man its hard to tell. Both ZF and JF are so close. Each has one thing over the other. But im happy especially with the conditions we are in today with the raids. We will see how its in natrual light. I did want the ZF but maybe when things reopen I can have both.

Actually, if you know where to look, you will see that SuperLory is right. The ZF and JF in person are very different, and there is really no comparison. The ZF, after some light mods, can actually pass off as a gen. The JF V10 isn't bad, but there are a lot of details wrong with it. But it is a nice and fun rep. Wear it well and don't worry too much.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Actually, if you know where to look, you will see that SuperLory is right. The ZF and JF in person are very different, and there is really no comparison. The ZF, after some light mods, can actually pass off as a gen. The JF V10 isn't bad, but there are a lot of details wrong with it. But it is a nice and fun rep. Wear it well and don't worry too much.

I will thanks. I have a friend who has 3 AP Gen the newest is the Skeleton Rose Gold and I will see if it fools him. But I just want the factories back up and running. I am not done with my collection. In a year I just got 7 watches from TD i still have few more I always wanted.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I will thanks. I have a friend who has 3 AP Gen the newest is the Skeleton Rose Gold and I will see if it fools him. But I just want the factories back up and running. I am not done with my collection. In a year I just got 7 watches from TD i still have few more I always wanted.

If your friend has no relevant knowledge about reps or isn’t expecting it to be a rep, it’ll likely fool him even if it is a stock noob v3. Whether he owns 3 gen APs or 300 is totally irrelevant.

Besides, why do you need to care whether your watch fools anyone? You just need to like it yourself and that’s it. Whether it fools your friend or not, it will still be 100% a rep. It won’t magically turn gen just because someone is fooled by it. Just enjoy it as a replica watch, there is no need to convince anyone else but yourself. If it’s real enough for you then it’s good enough.

So if I own, say, 20+ gen APs and your watch doesn’t “fool” me does it mean that it has failed as a rep? Sorry but I genuinely don’t see the purpose of your post :legend:

Last edited:

Rollie4Life

28/7/19

Not sure why your TD said that. I ordered a Zf recently, not an AP but it was an uncommon Frank Muller and yes it took over a month to get QC but they came. I find it hard to believe the TDs have said you cannot order it at all. ZF is still producing watches. Perhaps they don’t want to deal with new customers busting their chops on QC pics, who knows! I would try another TD and see what they say.

Reactions: Lariram

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Not sure why your TD said that. I ordered a Zf recently, not an AP but it was an uncommon Frank Muller and yes it took over a month to get QC but they came. I find it hard to believe the TDs have said you cannot order it at all. ZF is still producing watches. Perhaps they don’t want to deal with new customers busting their chops on QC pics, who knows! I would try another TD and see what they say.

Im not a new customer have ordered 7 so far from Andrew. And I also got an ZF IWC from him 2 weeks ago and for some reason Andrew checked from the factory and at the moment not avaliable. Again im not butthurt the JF looks great to me. And in the end its all that matters.

Also I dont know if Andrew is good at picking watches but I never had to decline any watch he got for me. All were perfect to me. Thats why I keep ordering from him.

Last edited: