• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Diver

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Indeed. But it will take time and depending on owner’s financials, it might be a very different factory in terms of innovation and quality. China is not known to be soft on enforcing laws. Look at Noob, took them years to get back on their feet and they are still playing tricks (crappy movements) to keep margin high.

Competition in the rep market seems to be fierce and I won’t be surprised if this isn’t related to the taxman... but with delation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just before the lunar new year, it is almost customary for the rep factories to get raided, and the end goal is always about pay offs.

I agree with you that we will likely never know the truth behind specific raids and arrests other than the fact that they do happen. We have to leave the complications and quandaries of the Chinese system to them and we can only wait for them to come back into business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Where's that rule? You must've read rules even I'm not aware of. People are being warned if they are repeating an offence to the rules but not for stating facts. And I don't see anything else than that there.

I remember a user, I think his name is Accord who would often go on about how he owns genuine Pateks and APs in every other post he wrote and he was roasted for that here. We got his point the first few times he said it but there was no need for him to make that same point over and over again in several different threads. As I recall he was warned about making similar posts in the future.

Again, most people here do not have the means to spend £20 - 30k on a watch so telling them to save up for the genuine is pretty useless, maybe for a £4000 Omega it's kinda ok but not a £30,000 AP.

Likewise everyone knows their watch is not gen and never will be, so no need to keep saying that as well. If they want to feel better by having a watch as close to gen as possible and maybe even live in a fantasy that they are wearing the real thing, there is nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Garuda

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
depending some members, it’s look very big issue with ZF maker , it’s good we have JF , now JF plz release v11.

Reactions: ticktocker

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
As I recall he was warned about making similar posts in the future.

You’re recalling wrong. Accord received the warnings issued for other reasons that have now been rectified and are all sorted.

If you want to continue this discussion, take it to PM please. This thread is not the place.

Reactions: mech500 and legend

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
JF got raided today, wondering if a v11 will see the light...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I remember a user, I think his name is Accord who would often go on about how he owns genuine Pateks and APs in every other post he wrote and he was roasted for that here. We got his point the first few times he said it but there was no need for him to make that same point over and over again in several different threads. As I recall he was warned about making similar posts in the future.

Again, most people here do not have the means to spend £20 - 30k on a watch so telling them to save up for the genuine is pretty useless, maybe for a £4000 Omega it's kinda ok but not a £30,000 AP.

Likewise everyone knows their watch is not gen and never will be, so no need to keep saying that as well. If they want to feel better by having a watch as close to gen as possible and maybe even live in a fantasy that they are wearing the real thing, there is nothing wrong with that.

To stay relevant to the topic, I think the ZF diver is a pretty good replica for less than $500. My point is that people should be more grateful for such releases, rather than pick on flaws and "look forward to the release of the next version". As long as its a rep, V1 to V9million will be flawed and prospective buyers can choose to accept or reject certain features of the release, and decide if they want to buy the watch. I agree with you that there is nothing wrong with owners wanting their watches to look a certain way, or even wanting their watches to look as close as possible to the gen. But when such views are presented on an open forum like this, it allows everyone to chime in with their eclectic and sometimes opposing opinions. I respect your right to respond to my posts in any manner you wish, but do not interfere with my right to respond to others and you. I am not going to be worried or change my opinion just because you don't like it. I do not really care about garnering the popular vote or going with the masses. I will call it like I see it and you can either add me to the ignore list, report my posts, or just disregard what I write. It does not affect me by an iota. I always enjoy being the lone one on the other side of the room, away from the huddled mass. There is usually more space there lol.

Acknowledgement and acceptance of flaws are salient aspects of the hobby and there is nothing wrong with whatever you said. But when grievances about reps are aired publicly, not everyone has to agree with them. You complain about my "repetition", but what I see is a repetition on a much larger scale, that members never seem to think that the reps are good enough, and always seem to think that the next version will be better. That thinking has been proven to be a double fallacy: There may not always be a next version and the next version may not always be better all round. If so, why not just get the gen then? Don't wish to spend the money? Then guess what, the choices are then limited. They have to live with what they cannot change, or look for a modder to try to fix what irks them. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but if the opinion is shared openly, then they must also allow for differing responses to the post. What you are asking me not to comment on are guys who drive a toyota but want to turn it into a ferrari, and complaining about this or that aspect is off. That is his right yes, but he should keep the problem of his limitation of choices to himself and solve it quietly rather than whine about it. Do this on a car forum and you will invariably get the guy who tells you to go get that damned ferrari instead.

In this forum, I am that guy.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Totally agree. We are at that point in the rep game where The differences with respect to gen are academic (it wasn’t always this way).

In 2020/21 there really isn’t anything useful to gain from researching gen vs rep pics on chrono24, to establish some silly residual flaw that no grown man should know or care about. That is how you will ruin the hobby for yourself and other paranoid members that think they’ll get called out by the bus driver.

Reps are reps and gens are gens but fortunately reps are very good now (imo) and we should just enjoy them for what they are.....exceptionally well made rep for $400

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Indeed. But it will take time and depending on owner’s financials, it might be a very different factory in terms of innovation and quality. China is not known to be soft on enforcing laws. Look at Noob, took them years to get back on their feet and they are still playing tricks (crappy movements) to keep margin high.

Competition in the rep market seems to be fierce and I won’t be surprised if this isn’t related to the taxman... but with delation

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm You think JF called the taxman on ZF? They are angry on ZF for making better Divers? :)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: mech500

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
Such a shame... I placed an order for the ZF V10 15703 but I guess its going to be a refund.

If anyone received theirs but but don't like it - PM me!

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Such a shame... I placed an order for the ZF V10 15703 but I guess its going to be a refund.

If anyone received theirs but but don't like it - PM me!

Same goes for me, I ordered the ZF AP 15500 two days ago, I can only hope there's some stock lying around or that ZF will be back in the next few weeks otherwise it's going to be a refund for me as well..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
waiting this watch two years, hope gen samples safe !!

derrickcrash

Known Member
7/12/20
Li from Jtime has a ZF 15703 in stock that he posted on Reddit 10 hours ago if anyone waited too long to get one.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Can the date window on this be lowered during s service?

You may wish to re-consider your question. The date window is the aperture at the 3 o'clock side of the dial, it cannot be moved individually.
Why do you need to lower the date window at all?

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
You may wish to re-consider your question. The date window is the aperture at the 3 o'clock side of the dial, it cannot be moved individually.
Why do you need to lower the date window at all?

Maybe that’s what he was thinking about..

e86cda567851304e5245e04b693647d3.jpg

Reactions: Lariram

GreyCactus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/19
LOL then ok, I completely forgot that there are fans of the WWE spinner belt here, pardon me. :hehehe:
Sorry OP, as per QueTip 's post, the date window can lowered indeed, my bad.

Apologies for the poorly worded question, still not 100% on terminology but I'm learning.

I was wondering if the datewheel can be adjusted into the middle of the datewindow during service, if down to bad placement by factory rather than a misprinted datewheel.

I have seen people declining watches with the inner bezel misaligned, is this something that can be fixed during service also?

I'm trying to get my head around what issues don't really matter during qc if they can be fixed by a talented watchmaker and what can't be changed, such as badly printed dials or very skewed markers (I've heard some can't be adjusted since it may damage the dial?)

I'm very new to the world of AP, coming from a dhgate 15400 5 years ago to the DC15202 and ZF 15500 now. The diver never had my attention before because I thought it would be too big but the 15500 looks fantastic, but I don't believe it would suit a rubber strap since the bracelet is beautiful.

So now my attention has turned to the diver and I'm weighing up my options.

Reactions: legend