• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Diver

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
This looks like a super rep to me. Isn't it funny how they sometimes get so many details right? However I'm curious about the inner bezel and its quality. How does it feel when using it? My JF V8 has a rather cheap sound and feel when adjusting the bezel. like it's hollow and thin. Just doesn't feel like it should for an expensive watch. Hope you know what I mean. Also the crown (for the bezel) can not be screwed tight because it will get stuck and be very hard to loose it again. This might be my
specific crown-issue, though. But would you say the inner bezel at the ZF feels like good quality? Cheers, B.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
This looks like a super rep to me. Isn't it funny how they sometimes get so many details right? However I'm curious about the inner bezel and its quality. How does it feel when using it? My JF V8 has a rather cheap sound and feel when adjusting the bezel. like it's hollow and thin. Just doesn't feel like it should for an expensive watch. Hope you know what I mean. Also the crown (for the bezel) can not be screwed tight because it will get stuck and be very hard to loose it again. This might be my
specific crown-issue, though. But would you say the inner bezel at the ZF feels like good quality? Cheers, B.

It's a 400usd rep and will remain a rep, zf, jf or any other factory.
If the sound when you adjust the inner bezel annoying you then you have to jump to gen.
For being honest, theses are well made, people won't notify you wear a rep, they won't even notify you wear a audemars Piguet or even or luxury watch, so if you're worried for such things better go gen.

My 2 cents.

Branis

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
28/5/17
Oh no. I'm not worried at all. I'm rather amazed about the overall quality of high end reps. Like half of my rep collection had to go to the watch smith for total revision and water resistancy (not saying waterproof, though my ZF Fifty Fathoms passed the 100m test) and all those reps are running perfectly precise and stabile. BTW I'm also enjoying my BP Overseas 4500 and it's not at all a super rep - but it is a very reliable watch, beside its beautiful design. Also I am proudly telling anyone who's asking that I'm wearing a rep. I can easily bore people to death, telling them that the Swiss watches at authorized dealers have left their factories to end up with factor 4-6 in price increase. The excellent craft of luxury watch makers is certainly more expensive due to education and labor costs, the watches are certainly more expensive due to investments in tech-innovation and certainly also due to marketing budgets to educate us all about brand image, style and taste and status, of course. Fair enough. I will also admit that I can not afford a real Nautilus, but that I am happy to be able to enjoy the look and feel - and even excellent functionality (after revision). But to be honest: I don't really talk about all this very often, because no one f... cares. And maybe you don't either. However, I am ordering the ZF Diver anyways. As soon as they open up again. Cheers.

Reactions: SHB

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Oh no. I'm not worried at all. I'm rather amazed about the overall quality of high end reps. Like half of my rep collection had to go to the watch smith for total revision and water resistancy (not saying waterproof, though my ZF Fifty Fathoms passed the 100m test) and all those reps are running perfectly precise and stabile. BTW I'm also enjoying my BP Overseas 4500 and it's not at all a super rep - but it is a very reliable watch, beside its beautiful design. Also I am proudly telling anyone who's asking that I'm wearing a rep. I can easily bore people to death, telling them that the Swiss watches at authorized dealers have left their factories to end up with factor 4-6 in price increase. The excellent craft of luxury watch makers is certainly more expensive due to education and labor costs, the watches are certainly more expensive due to investments in tech-innovation and certainly also due to marketing budgets to educate us all about brand image, style and taste and status, of course. Fair enough. I will also admit that I can not afford a real Nautilus, but that I am happy to be able to enjoy the look and feel - and even excellent functionality (after revision). But to be honest: I don't really talk about all this very often, because no one f... cares. And maybe you don't either. However, I am ordering the ZF Diver anyways. As soon as they open up again. Cheers.

Good thinking.
I personally would not regard any AP rep (with the exception of one) a "super rep". The term is subjective and I still do not think that there should be a consensual list, as the expectation of each individual is different and I disagree with almost all the AP entries found in the "super rep consensual list". There is no need for such a list in the first place, each of us, like you, can observe and decide for ourselves what works for us.
You are right in stating that other than the small annoyances, the general quality standard of reps today are pretty amazing and if you just want the feel of a luxury watch at a reasonable price, reps are definitely hands down the way to go. I for one hope to see more opinions and posts like yours, instead of those asking about "gen like" colors and such. A gen is a gen and a rep is a rep. You spend $500 and get a watch which looks and feels like it cost way more. That is the essence of the rep game, as such as the little flaws.
Thank you for your post, it is refreshing to read in the midst of all the somewhat tiresome questions and sneaky QC pics consultation requests.

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth

Well summed pal, you won't be disappointed with the ZF/JF diver ;)

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
giphy.gif

Any news for ZF 15703 , comparison video or pics .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyone here ordered this , still can’t find videos or Reddit QCS, what’s problem, stock with ZF or sezied???

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Anyone here ordered this , still can’t find videos or Reddit QCS, what’s problem, stock with ZF or sezied???

Mine is on the way.. it will be here next week.
I can share the QC pictures if you want

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
legend 28 was good, now 3 also looks good...I see potential in this baby

I’m going to receive it next week, I will post some different date if can be interesting

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk