• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Diver

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Apologies for the poorly worded question, still not 100% on terminology but I'm learning.

I was wondering if the datewheel can be adjusted into the middle of the datewindow during service, if down to bad placement by factory rather than a misprinted datewheel.

I have seen people declining watches with the inner bezel misaligned, is this something that can be fixed during service also?

I'm trying to get my head around what issues don't really matter during qc if they can be fixed by a talented watchmaker and what can't be changed, such as badly printed dials or very skewed markers (I've heard some can't be adjusted since it may damage the dial?)

I'm very new to the world of AP, coming from a dhgate 15400 5 years ago to the DC15202 and ZF 15500 now. The diver never had my attention before because I thought it would be too big but the 15500 looks fantastic, but I don't believe it would suit a rubber strap since the bracelet is beautiful.

So now my attention has turned to the diver and I'm weighing up my options.

Thank you for your patient and detailed introduction. Quetip and I were just messing with you please don’t feel offended.

To answer your questions, the date and dive bezel can both be aligned if it’s not a print defect. The date on your watch looks fine and aligned to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreyCactus

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/19
Thank you for your patient and detailed introduction. Quetip and I were just messing with you please don’t feel offended.

To answer your questions, the date and dive bezel can both be aligned if it’s not a print defect. The date on your watch looks fine and aligned to me.

No offence taken, thank you for the help.

I've made the mistake of looking through some very picture heavy threads here and now I've seen a whole new world of watches with the offshore. Time to try one on for size.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Please answer using gifs lol
I'll have a go as well..

giphy.mp4

Reactions: Lariram

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Really liking this (ZF):

KSwatches since you have the watch in hand, what is your opinion about the dw and cyclop of this model? (and also about any other aspect of the watch of course)
I know you always have a balanced view about the rep releases and I will appreciate very much if you can share your view with us.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
KSwatches since you have the watch in hand, what is your opinion about the dw and cyclop of this model? (and also about any other aspect of the watch of course)
I know you always have a balanced view about the rep releases and I will appreciate very much if you can share your view with us.

giphy.gif

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Be patient for comparison you will be very happy.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Here are some iPhone pics. I will share my thoughts on the overall watch a little later. My phone keeps crashing and won’t let me post more than a few pics per post. So please excuse the multiple posts.

af9f9dd2e9390877d05c018c6df04dd3.plist

2b0ef6983b38f72e7ab26bf9139e98b2.plist

The inner bezel numerals are very crisp. Here are some pics, you can decide if it meets your quality standard. I have no complaints here.
b7718853f68444ee687da8c3b1df5506.jpg

jcguo0516

4/12/18
KSwatches hey man, beautiful pics, they do looks very very good!!! however, I have one concern, is the two mid-links moveable like gen so it will wrap around the wrist better? or are they like the JF ones where it pretty much just stuck in place? thanks bro

jcguo0516

4/12/18
nvm i just saw the comparison video, looks like it would require a mod on the ZF mid-link

KSwatches hey man, beautiful pics, they do looks very very good!!! however, I have one concern, is the two mid-links moveable like gen so it will wrap around the wrist better? or are they like the JF ones where it pretty much just stuck in place? thanks bro

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Ok, now the pics are out the way and the risk of my phone crashing mid post is gone, here are my thoughts:

First impressions:

This is a seriously good looking watch. Bear in mind that I have owned all the reps from the last 10years and am no stranger to gen. There is nothing worth mentioning that my eyes find “off” or ugly about the main aspects of this watch. Usually if it doesn’t look off it’s not off. Leave it at that. Comparing with gen to that level of scrutiny is unnecessary, given the quality of replication we are talking about.

Crystal:
The first thing I noticed was how the dial genuinely pops. Hard to articulate what that actually means but I think you know what I’m on about here. With JF, there seems to be an ever so slightly milky tinge to the dial, certainly at some angles, probably owing to the inferior crystal clarity, which Just looks off compared to how you’d expect a £15k watch to look. The ZF crystal is very nice and showcases the dial beautifully.

Inner bezel:
The inner bezel numerals are stunning and really set the dial off. Refer to the above pics. Maybe you’ll see something that I haven’t seen because I am not in the habit of zooming into pics of reps (not even my own pics), there’s nothing to gain from that given reps have gotten this good.

Date:
With reference to the above pics, I personally don’t have any issues with the date font or window. It doesn’t look “off” to me.....maybe you’ll conclude differently based on looking at my pics but in real life the dates do not look offensive to me. It’s not like there’s a big x2AR magnifying cyclops over the date area to magnify any possible aesthetic defects. Remember also that there are many gen variations, which obviously i haven’t attempted to familiarise myself with, let alone commit to memory.
All I can say is that the date font, window and cyclops looks broadly in accordance with AP design principles and thus could be gen as far as my eyes are concerned and I don’t think anyone can prove otherwise, beyond reasonable doubt.

Dial:
This looks very nice. Looks wet at some angles. The tapp squares look very premium and the 3 dimensional shadowing effect they cast around the tapp edges is more pronounced than JF. As a result this dial looks prettier than JF and just seems to have more depth of beauty to it. I haven’t counted the number of concentric machining lines or tried to assess the relative spacing of the tapp squares with respect to gen or any other such silly assessment, lol.

Crown/caseback: who cares what these look like. It’s 2021, reps are good enough. No need to go out your way, looking for flaws in these irrelevant areas.

Strap: usual rep rubber. Not bad. Can’t get too excited about it. Meh.

Conclusions:
Extremely well made and handsome looking watch. No milky crystal or weird date, markers are clean. Hands are also cut clean, no rough edges. Very well finished. Brushing looks better than jeweller refinished used gens we see.

Basically it looks gen to me, for all intents and purposes, in the real world, outside the internet. If you’re idea of a good rep is one that you can post pics on the internet and not have a 16year old kid call you out, then you’ll be waiting a long time for the perfect rep. For everyone else, this is as good as it gets.

*****Not for sale. Factory closed at time of writing ******

Wristie;
10d01dbecc218c33169e935e5dc8fb6d.jpg

d19480c3053eacee0450204877c7edf3.jpg

fca36b173e409e5f043f42400d91ac03.plist

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Well done and thanks for the review! Is it me or does the ghost line looks hell of a lot crisper than gen? lol Can’t wait for them to open up shop again, def. would like to try this.

Reactions: KSwatches