• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A LEGENDary ZF 15202 Pictorial

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I had the XF but the more I look at this ZF the more I want this watch back ..

rodriguezstyle

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
9/1/17
Deutschland
ZF 15202 modded by LEGEND

Wriste.jpg

Thanks, A.

Can´ t stop watching this Picture :wub:

sooo Beautiful.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Dammit you guys,
If you keep posting pics of blue dials am gonna have to email my TD about a new order :)
The mods look superb, but would expect nothing less from the AP master.
Well wear Sir.

Reactions: Roguetheory

cf-blue

Known Member
21/3/21
I have a ZF incoming in the next few weeks. I don't mind the pizza plate handset but I'm more interested in the polishing and beveling of the bracelet. Can anyone tell me how it was made?

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I have a ZF incoming in the next few weeks. I don't mind the pizza plate handset but I'm more interested in the polishing and beveling of the bracelet. Can anyone tell me how it was made?

Inviato dal mio SM-T719 utilizzando Tapatalk

I dont know how it was made, but i can tell you it was done by legend

Reactions: Chimichang

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
legend I shouldn't have seen this thread ... You have a PM!

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
ZF 15202 modded by LEGEND

Good day gentlemen of the AP Sub,

This is a pictorial review / appreciation post / me gushing about a mod of my ZF 15202 done by the man, the myth, the legend .

Let me preface this "review" by stating that:

1) I'm not an AP guy, hell I'm not even a modern watch guy, my heart mostly belongs to vintage watches. So I may not be the most knowledgeable.

2) This isn't necessarily a review of the ZF 15202 per se as such extensive finishing has been done that it might as well be a unique entity at this point.

3) This pictorial is not very accurate in terms of how the watch looks in real life as I did a bit of colour editing here and there.

4) I'm weird and like watches to have character and I don't mind damage as I have some kind of weird fantasy that the watch is now unique.

Alright, let's begin.

I first ordered this 15202 knowing the pizza peel hand base flaw existed but I reckoned that it should be an easy fix so I went ahead and ordered from my TD.

Before-hand-base.jpg

However, the watch arrived damaged. The crown was sheared and the crystal had popped off.

I then sent the watch to Legend where the following was done:

Bracelet beveling and polishing

Reinstalled crystal and gasket

Shaving the pizza peel

This is the result:

top-down-bright.jpg

top-down-natural.jpg

Honestly, despite what has been said about the large cut out for the pinion, I find it unnoticeable IRL from at least a decent distance.
(This may also have been a result of Legend's magic)

Down-up-1.jpg

down-up-2.jpg

front-mid.jpg

The bracelet after beveling and polishing articulates so freely and smoothly I can't really put it into words.

bracelet-flop-2.jpg

bracelet-flop.jpg

bracelet-side.jpg

clasp.jpg

The case is wonderfully thin but sturdy and everything flows quite magically.

side-view-1.jpg

Side-view-2-crown.jpg

LUME is kinda MEH due to the size of the indices and hands

LUME.jpg

Finally a wristie in outdoor lighting (Ignore my ugly wrist)

Wriste.jpg

I genuinely don't know what kind of magic legend pulled off but these pics don't do this watch justice.

The 15202 is not a small watch and quite out of the norm for me, but Legend has given it a soul
and now I don't think I'll be parting with this for the foreseeable future.

Do let me know if you guys wanna see more pics or have any questions. Or also if you guys wanna roast my lack of knowledge or amateur photography please go ahead.

(Mods do let me know if i posted something weird or this needs to be moved, thanks!)

Thanks, A.
U should rebrush bezel and bracelet. It will be total different look. I cant wait for my next trip to Singapor and meeting up with Mr. legend for my Zf 15703 and ZF 15202. Anyway, your watch looks beast now.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

bupeapoop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/9/20
Congrats on your newly acquired and modded watch by the myth, the legend himself! It looks fantastic and I'm awfully pleased to hear you're part of the AP club. You've got yourself a cracking 15202 right there!

For me personally, the "shaving the pizza peel" mod really is one of the best mods out there for the AP rep range. You made an excellent choice there as well.