• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15703 vs 15710 difference?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I'm interested in purchasing AP JF V10 which I believe is a super rep. But then I see two watches (both V10) with different model numbers. I read that one is little thicker than other. So, which is the one which is considered Super rep? Both are same price and same V10 versions. So, Which one I should purchase ? Thanks.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Fairly certain 15710 has an open caseback and 15703 (older model) does not. Thats it. The 15703st v10 is considered NWBIG.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I'm interested in purchasing AP JF V10 which I believe is a super rep. But then I see two watches (both V10) with different model numbers. I read that one is little thicker than other. So, which is the one which is considered Super rep? Both are same price and same V10 versions. So, Which one I should purchase ? Thanks.

edited, double quote.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Fairly certain 15710 has an open caseback and 15703 (older model) does not. Thats it. The 15703st v10 is considered NWBIG.

NWBIG is pretty subjective. Gen is always gen and carries its inherent value. However, this term is given to watches which are visually close to gen, and bought just for the purpose of wearing as opposed to collecting. There is no substitute for a collector, every gen is worth its place in my collection for example. But if you mean its a watch which is not worth buying gen just for wearing, I agree with you. "NWBIG" is a more meaningful term for me than "super rep". And I have explained in my post above that the open caseback isn't the only difference between the 15703 and 15710. There are quite a number of differences if you know your APs.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

The differences between the 15703 and 15710 goes beyond the open caseback.
The case of the 15710 is also slightly thinner, the dials are different (engraved and gloss for the 15703 and matte and stamped for the 15710).
The cylop and datewheels are also updated for the 15710, and the dive bezel font and lume are different too.

To answer your other question, I do not consider either of them a super rep. They are both flawed reps, so decide what flaws you can live with and buy what you like. Forget about the term "super rep", none exist for AP and I think someone who knows his AP like QueTip will tell you the same. Reps are novelties you wear to amuse yourself, not try to pass off as gen to others. So you need to understand this well when choosing your replica watch. Don't ask about "super reps". You either buy the gen, or buy the rep. They are in total separate leagues and the replica offers very good value for anyone seeking to have fun with a watch which resembles a luxury brand at a meagre fraction of the cost.

Last edited:

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I can only second what legend had said. There’s multiple differences between the 15703 and 15710. The caseback being one of them as well as the diving scale which has the lume filled slightly different.

The 15703 has a guilloché dial with a gloss finish. It’s engraved throughout the dial which is a very interesting and beautiful process whereas the 15710 has a stamped dial with a matte finish. At the end of the day it comes down to personal taste and preferences. I personally prefer the 15710 but like I said this preference can vary. None of these differences make one watch less good or anything. Just characteristic differences.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
[mention]legend [/mention] and [mention]QueTip [/mention] are far better versed in AP and horology than I am. You’re in good hands listening to their input over mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bunny123

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
[mention]legend [/mention] and [mention]QueTip [/mention] are far better versed in AP and horology than I am. You’re in good hands listening to their input over mine.

I think the same source of knowledge is available to any of us and we can learn together. I hope that you can gain a little knowledge each day and expertise is neither a finite nor exclusive thing to Quetip or me. I am also glad you are not one of those who relies on google and youtube for your learning, and you understand the value gen ownership adds to the legitimacy of the relevant knowledge.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I think the same source of knowledge is available to any of us and we can learn together. I hope that you can gain a little knowledge each day and expertise is neither a finite nor exclusive thing to Quetip or me. I am also glad you are not one of those who relies on google and youtube for your learning, and you understand the value gen ownership adds to the legitimacy of the relevant knowledge.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Daytona22

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
<...>I am also glad you are not one of those who relies on google and youtube for your learning, and you understand the value gen ownership adds to the legitimacy of the relevant knowledge.
Funny... I got the link to this thread by a google search! :D

Reactions: legend

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Currently on offer on intime both variants .15703 and 15710. I bought ..338 dollars and shipping
Note that the discounted models are the versions with miyota, not clone movements, if that's something you care about