• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

“Take me to the next Level”

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Those all look unworn and brand new. Holy moly... those watches photograph so well which is hard to say for AP watches.

Reactions: flying-tommy

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
I know I’m late to the party here but I have to say that your build (and incredible patience) is amazing and the attention to details and too not cut corners is a truly amazing statement to your love of the build.

tiziano23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/10/19
Superb project! I am so curious about the how did you source gen parts. Especially the movement.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
So the last Part, the Movement Holder/Ring, is now installed and the Project is done.

I really grew fond of the watch, it was really a long time, but it was a very exciting time.

a3b87532ffd98fb8e351bbc69c549327.jpg

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Superb project! I am so curious about the how did you source gen parts. Especially the movement.

This is a big topic.

not simply answering the question. all parts of this watch come from a total of 5 different sources.

the biggest cost factor and the hardest to get is the movement.
I was lucky enough to have ordered and paid for the movement from a reliable source two years ago. it wasn't cheap either, but it was still acceptable.

two weeks ago the same contact sold a movement for € 12,000 excluding the gold rotor. the gold rotor alone is now between € 2,500 and € 2,800.
if the movement with rotor alone is almost € 15,000, it immediately makes such a project uninteresting.

the gen offshores are rising too much and there are still people who pay the prices for the parts.

Reactions: mskwatch

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
T, I really enjoyed this thread for its ability to convey your patient project management approach to such long term and difficult projects. The forum is lucky to have you and I congratulate you on your completion of this watch.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
T, I really enjoyed this thread for its ability to convey your patient project management approach to such long term and difficult projects. The forum is lucky to have you and I congratulate you on your completion of this watch.

Hello James,
nice to read from you. Many Thanks. you can imagine how much older the project made me. lol

Steve497

Horology Curious
11/1/22
Australia
I just read this thread start to finish, Wow what journey! Congratulations that is quite some build! In some regards I think I am quite lucky that I got to read it all in one go and not have to wait for each update. But congrats once again.

Angryboai

Known Member
13/8/21
Congrat on your beautiful journey.
IMO this is beyond a gen watch, like an outlaw son with special edition organs lol.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Congrat on your beautiful journey.
IMO this is beyond a gen watch, like an outlaw son with special edition organs lol.

the watch is definitely something special for me. I appreciate my other Gen watches very much, but with the watch I have experienced a lot, a lot of moving things and also learned a lot more about the watches.

83cb21b5bdf6842b3737982703948d73.jpg

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
If you just consider the crucial inner kernel of such a project, namely, the client-supplier-watchmaker nexus, this project had the dream-team advantage of: 1.) a client with alot of capital resources, project management skills and patience, 2.) a helpful network of 5 or so commercial dealers who cooperated in the search for rare parts or opened up back-room reserve supplies, 3.) an experienced and well-equipped watchmaker who granted face-to-face on-site and immediate access to his services. This is a rare combination of circumstances. And all of this took place before or during the big luxury SS sports watch craze that has bubbled into supply chains for PP/AP/Rolex parts and that has made their location and acquisition even more challenging. If market developments are as irreversible as history and passions, then I would not expect to see such a project ever be repeated. But RWI members have a way of making things happen that alway surprise me. Congratulations T. once again.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thomas, I love how the watch turned out <3

I was amazed when you first told me what was going to happen when we sat in Domis Den, and honestly I didn't think the watch would come together this quickly lol.

Amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person some day.

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Thomas, I love how the watch turned out
I was amazed when you first told me what was going to happen when we sat in Domis Den, and honestly I didn't think the watch would come together this quickly lol.

Amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person some day.

Thank you very much!

Yes i was also surprised because of the movement and also the last part the Gen Movement Holder was big Luck.

It’s one of my daily watches.

Hope we meet again at Domi.
Regards
Thomas

41d00edf38a763f8f896fc2d23aea46c.jpg

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Thank you very much!

Yes i was also surprised because of the movement and also the last part the Gen Movement Holder was big Luck.

It’s one of my daily watches.

Hope we meet again at Domi.
Regards
Thomas

41d00edf38a763f8f896fc2d23aea46c.jpg

Looking forward to it!

By the latest, when I need some audemars screws again!! Lol!