• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROYAL OAK HELP PLEASE

Pursue

Horology Curious
19/10/20
Hello,

I am planning to buy a rep 67650SR.OO.1261SR.01. Is it possible to have a custom order and have it with pure rose gold instead of plated rose gold?

And where would be the best place to buy it?

Thank you very much!

ThePlayboy

Known Member
14/1/14
Hello,

I am planning to buy a rep 67650SR.OO.1261SR.01. Is it possible to have a custom order and have it with pure rose gold instead of plated rose gold?

Thank you very much!

Absolutely! I have a "super duper, 1:1, triple mega AAA, grade 1, best edition, V36, Swiss made" replica with pure gold, gen movement, boy and papers, only $99! Let me know if you‘re interested!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Absolutely! They now also make full gold for valued costumers...

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello,

Thank you very much!
Z2JOs3.jpg

Pursue

Not sure if you were trolling or not. First of all, there is no such thing as "pure rose gold". Rose gold is an alloy containing gold and copper, and sometimes, silver to lighten the color.
Second, if you meant genuine rose gold, they are sold by the gram, and it will not be meaningful for rep makers to charge thousands of dollars for a watch which will otherwise cost less than $100.
Lastly, to answer your question, YES you can get a base replica watch and get the bezel, links and crown fabricated in rose gold, how much money and time are you willing to spend? The cost of your custom watch will be close to the gen watch then, so does it even make sense?

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
Hello,

Thank you very much!

not trying to be rude here but, why would you go for such fugly colors imo.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
not trying to be rude here but, why would you go for such fugly colors imo.

I have seen the gen of this and it looks pretty nice on a lady but that is just my opinion. Color and style are both subjective I understand. lol

Reactions: Allure

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
I have seen the gen of this and it looks pretty nice on a lady but that is just my opinion. Color and style are both subjective I understand. lol

i can see your point, hard to determine the look of this particular watch when all i can see is this badly rendered photo. and i can see how a woman would wear this watch especially matched with tan skin.

with that said, if i had the money for this gen i would propably keep saving and buy something more soothing to the eye. :D

Pursue

Horology Curious
19/10/20
Cmon guys be a little nicer ????.

What I meant is that rep watches with gold on them are gold plated. Which in result, wears off and shows the steel under the gold when scratched or worn off.

So I was wondering, is it possible to have it custom ordered and have the ”golden” parts made of solid rose gold and not plated with rose gold.

Someone asked me to look into it for them, so here I am seeking help from the professionals.

Hope someone could help me out here.

Thank you ????.

Seven7r

24/5/15
Cmon guys be a little nicer ????.

What I meant is that rep watches with gold on them are gold plated. Which in result, wears off and shows the steel under the gold when scratched or worn off.

So I was wondering, is it possible to have it custom ordered and have the ”golden” parts made of solid rose gold and not plated with rose gold.

Someone asked me to look into it for them, so here I am seeking help from the professionals.

Hope someone could help me out here.

Thank you ????.

To answer your questions

1. Yes, these reps are steel (sometimes brass, I've had those) which are then plated in a rose gold color.
2. It is not possible, as far as I know, to custom order them with 18kt rose gold links and bezel. I've seen an Instagram page who claims that they sell 18kt gold reps for crazy prices. They aren't a TD on here and they really overcharge. If you want to know, their IG is @legendetawatches

If you really want to have the perfect rose gold, you can ask a local jeweler if they can replate or "wrap" the rose gold parts with real 18kt rose gold.

Pursue

Horology Curious
19/10/20
Thank you guys very much. I’ll try to contact one of the trusted dealers directly and see if they can get it done or not.

But any suggestions on which trusted dealer has the best AP reps?

Seven7r

24/5/15
Thank you guys very much. I’ll try to contact one of the trusted dealers directly and see if they can get it done or not.

But any suggestions on which trusted dealer has the best AP reps?

RWI doesn't like it when people ask questions like that but, all TDs offer the same reps. The question you should be asking (sparingly if I may add) is "which factory make the best AP reps?"

But for that model you want, the only one who make a good one is JF and I'm not sure if they even produce the 33mm one anymore. You can ask any TD if they still have it. However, I'm assuming you're a male and the 33mm might be a little too small. I've had one before, and since I have a small wrist measuring 16cm, it fit fine. If your wrist is bigger it may look a little too small for your wrist. I'd recommend a 15202 by XF or ZF.