• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Polished Midlinks and Bezel - XF 15202IP

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles

Zhkhsc.png
ZhkAZX.png
ZhkLIi.png

Gen comes with a titanium bracelet with platinum midlinks that are polished. On the gen, the bracelet has a springbar and screw for the midlinks so that they can be removed and polished. The rep does not have this so I finally got around to doing it myself. The IP rep comes with a different dial than the 15202ST but it does does not come with the correct polished parts. Def worth it, makes a big difference. Please excuse the dust dirt and bad photography skills.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Nice pics. How could you manage to dis-/re-assamble the bracelet? I'm not a tech or even a watchmaker, just curious.

Seven7r

24/5/15

Zhkhsc.png
ZhkAZX.png
ZhkLIi.png

Gen comes with a titanium bracelet with platinum midlinks that are polished. On the gen, the bracelet has a springbar and screw for the midlinks so that they can be removed and polished. The rep does not have this so I finally got around to doing it myself. The IP rep comes with a different dial than the 15202ST but it does does not come with the correct polished parts. Def worth it, makes a big difference. Please excuse the dust dirt and bad photography skills.

Beautiful! The polished bezel and mid links really complete the IP version. Fingers crossed that they're releasing a V3 with those improvements soon.

I assume what you did to polish this was taping the brushed parts and using a liquid polishing kit? I also learned something from your post: that the gens had a system in the bracelet which allowed the removal of the mid links. I saw a review article of the 15202IP on monogchrome-watches and saw the screw in the rear of the bracelet.

Reactions: dk0243

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Beautiful! The polished bezel and mid links really complete the IP version. Fingers crossed that they're releasing a V3 with those improvements soon.

I assume what you did to polish this was taping the brushed parts and using a liquid polishing kit? I also learned something from your post: that the gens had a system in the bracelet which allowed the removal of the mid links. I saw a review article of the 15202IP on monogchrome-watches and saw the screw in the rear of the bracelet.

Thanks yall. I used a dremel, some felt polishing wheels and two dialux polishing compound bars - white for the polish and green for the finish. I def used the tape method which was a bit tedious but it got the job done. I found that gaffers tape worked the best to protect the brushed surface. I'm very pleased with the outcome :)

cc: grillbrill

Last edited:
Reactions: SHB

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Thanks yall. I used a dremel, some felt polishing wheels and two dialux polishing compound bars - white for the polish and green for the finish. I def used the tape method which was a bit tedious but it got the job done. I found that gaffers tape worked the best to protect the brushed surface. I'm very pleased with the outcome :)

Thank you for your detailed description. Did you find one tape layer enough to protect the brushed surface?

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Thank you for your detailed description. Did you find one tape layer enough to protect the brushed surface?

It really just depends on how much pressure you apply and how precise you are. I was using a magnified headband with a very small felt pad on the dremel so I didn't touch the tape a lot. But I used gaffers tape because it's a thick and tough tape.

lmvegas

Horology Curious
6/10/20
Jesus Christ you can’t unsee that lume.... I hope XF will get it together on the next version.

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Jesus Christ you can’t unsee that lume.... I hope XF will get it together on the next version.

It's actually pretty white in person. You're looking at a picture of it though against an orange backfdrop...

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Beautiful work right there, thanks for sharing the how to, with time and patience you did a sick improvement to the IP version.

Reactions: dk0243

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Sir,
do you have any new or updated photos under different lighting you can share.

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Sir,
do you have any new or updated photos under different lighting you can share.

I am in the middle of another mod on the watch, trying to thread holes on the back of the bracelet like the gen. I'll snap some more shots for you when I have a sec,

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I am in the middle of another mod on the watch, trying to thread holes on the back of the bracelet like the gen. I'll snap some more shots for you when I have a sec,

Amazing. Thank you.

daydatecollection

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
2/4/20

Hi, thank you for your explanation, but can you post some photos of the tools you used and explain in a little bit more detail? English isn't my first language so it's hard for me to visualize the process. Thanks in advance.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Hi, thank you for your explanation, but can you post some photos of the tools you used and explain in a little bit more detail? English isn't my first language so it's hard for me to visualize the process. Thanks in advance.
Indeed! This is very exciting. Any detailed/step by step information to help the community do this would be really appreciated