• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak ZF or XF 15202

tomaslc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/20
Hi all I'm wearing the ZF acquired in this forum, and I must say I'm very disappointed with the reserve of the movement. Do you have similar issue? I think the reserve does not overtakes 15-20h....

tomaslc

1/6/20
Additionally, does the XF have a different movement with better reserve? I'm so into this watch I could buy the other factory's one for that reason...

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Additionally, does the XF have a different movement with better reserve? I'm so into this watch I could buy the other factory's one for that reason...

Dosent matter they all use the same movment. Miyota. Why dont you just service the watch? Problem solved ;)

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

tomaslc

1/6/20
I wish I knew a place in Madrid, Spain to perform servicing... don't you think a regular watch repair store could be against touching a rep?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I wish I knew a place in Madrid, Spain to perform servicing... don't you think a regular watch repair store could be against touching a rep?

Some shops do accept reps but it is best to ask in person or over the phone at least.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden

Why dont sent it to a watchsmith/modder here on ther forum? Its after all a rep forum, you have plenty of guys that service watches on the platform

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

bupeapoop

5/9/20
The dial and color accuracy of the ZF is very close to gen. The bracelet sadly isn't on the same level as the XF V1 or even the JF was. From what I hear, it feels sharp on the edges and is ever so slightly thicker than the likes of XF and other competitors.

Last edited:

Kmmas

7/4/15
Is there a comparison thread XF vs ZF out here ? I’m pretty sure I came across it but can’t seem to find it. Can someone be kind enough to point out the thread

Opal_Oz

Known Member
26/2/20
Australia
Never had a problem with the screws in my XF. Not sure what you guys are on about.. had mine for ages and wear it all the time too.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Never had a problem with the screws in my XF. Not sure what you guys are on about.. had mine for ages and wear it all the time too.

You must have used a very good screwdriver and have a sound technique. The xf 15202 bracelet screws can be a pain to deal with at times for some members here but like you I never had any issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BalugaWhale

Horology Curious
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
10/11/20
The comments that come after mine won't be as nice. Why? Because there are two threads regarding this topic, both of which contain the information you seek and then some.

However, I feel that you should get at least some kind of answer.

So far no one has the ZF 15202 in hand yet, only QC photos. However, we can make a judgement based on the QC photos we've seen thus far + the track record ZF has with their 15400 and 15500 release. Both of which were highly praised.

The glaring issue with the ZF at the moment is the fat hand pinon. We'll need to wait and see until someone receives their watch in order to determine whether the hand pinon can be shaved, or whether it was done on purpose in order to hide a larger hole in the centre of the dial.

ZF flaws:
- Hand pinon
- Bezel screws (If you're very picky)
- Thickness (slightly thicker than the XF I believe)

XF flaws:
- Dial tappisserie
- Hand pinon (Not as bad as ZF but still fatter than gen)
- Mismatched lume

Flaws on both
- Movement (or lack of movement decoration)
- Dial colour

Personally, I think ZF is the better rep out of the box. I won't speak about which is closer to gen because the audience here on RWI seem to be split down the middle in regards to this. Hope this information helps you make a decision.

I agree for ZF