• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROO Straps For Sale

TheChachi

10/9/18
Hello RWI fam,

I have a Montauk on the way with the rep hornback strap but I like the look of the rubber strap, and not to mention its the perfect summer watch strap; what we have left of summer anyway. Does anyone have a good recommendation for some AM straps with the branded AP on the strap? I am thinking a white one and a baby blue one to compliment the dial and tachy. I have seen some on Etsy and other sites but thought I would ask the community to see what other options are.

Reactions: Jonas-Sthlm

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
White jf rubber looks nice with the MH, maybe a Midas blue river could suit as well.

If I had one I would go with the white one.

Jonas-Sthlm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/9/20
Stockholm
Hello RWI fam,

I have a Montauk on the way with the rep hornback strap but I like the look of the rubber strap, and not to mention its the perfect summer watch strap; what we have left of summer anyway. Does anyone have a good recommendation for some AM straps with the branded AP on the strap? I am thinking a white one and a baby blue one to compliment the dial and tachy. I have seen some on Etsy and other sites but thought I would ask the community to see what other options are.

Hello. I bought rubber strap from Etsy yesterday,i will let you know when i get it.

TheChachi

10/9/18
If you want quality, check also Horus straps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They are definitely on my list. I was looking at these a couple of days ago and between Horus and Midas was the main reason for me starting this thread.

TheChachi

10/9/18
White jf rubber looks nice with the MH, maybe a Midas blue river could suit as well.

If I had one I would go with the white one.

Glad to hear about the Midas strap. I was perusing C24 the other day looking to see what my option were for gen and Midas definitely had a presence on C24. Pricing seems reasonable as well. I think my choices will be between Midas and Horus. I agree with you on the white, too.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
According to some members who own Midas straps, like SuperLory , the straps were not even worth the low price of what.. $20+?
And the last I checked, they come in only 2 colors and it looked like half the people in the AP community own one :hehehe:
I associate the Midas straps color with AP frankens, (which are just more expensive reps)

I will advise you to go for Horus or Vagenari instead, or maybe RubberB.

TheChachi

10/9/18
According to some members who own Midas straps, like SuperLory , the straps were not even worth the low price of what.. $20+?
And the last I checked, they come in only 2 colors and it looked like half the people in the AP community own one :hehehe:
I associate the Midas straps color with AP frankens, (which are just more expensive reps)

I will advise you to go for Horus or Vagenari instead, or maybe RubberB.

As always I really appreciate your advice. I am going to look into the Vagenari straps for sure. I know some people are fond of Rubber B as well so that’ll definitely be something I’ll look into as well.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
In my opinion, it's really simple: midas, vagenari, horus all cost 150USD and above (full price - discount not accounted for), but while vagenari and horus all feel a good soft rubber Midas is more plasticky.

This said, at the 50USD mark you have JF straps which 1. Feel as good as Horus/Vagenari 2. Have Audemars Piguet logo (i dunno i'm a bit biased towards this) instead of some other logo

If it was a croc strap I dont mind paying >150USD with proper inserts but for rubber ??

legend Midas has now a load of new colors.. but yeah between "aspen white" from Midas and "White XS" from JF I take JF . Actually 3 JF straps: White, army green and red.

Reactions: SHB and legend

TheChachi

10/9/18
In my opinion, it's really simple: midas, vagenari, horus all cost 150USD and above (full price - discount not accounted for), but while vagenari and horus all feel a good soft rubber Midas is more plasticky.

This said, at the 50USD mark you have JF straps which 1. Feel as good as Horus/Vagenari 2. Have Audemars Piguet logo (i dunno i'm a bit biased towards this) instead of some other logo

If it was a croc strap I dont mind paying >150USD with proper inserts but for rubber ??

legend Midas has now a load of new colors.. but yeah between "aspen white" from Midas and "White XS" from JF I take JF . Actually 3 JF straps: White, army green and red.

Wow this is really helpful SuperLory! Having the knowledge on these straps and a good honest opinion is gratefully appreciated. Although the wait for a JF may be some time, it seems almost worth the weight. I, for one, am looking for the rubber over the plasticky feeling. Thanks again for the insight!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Wow this is really helpful SuperLory! Having the knowledge on these straps and a good honest opinion is gratefully appreciated. Although the wait for a JF may be some time, it seems almost worth the weight. I, for one, am looking for the rubber over the plasticky feeling. Thanks again for the insight!

if you are looking for baby blue then only Midas or Horus tho..

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
If you want to go baby blue in leather, M.Jules has a custom strap designed for your watch!

Check the strap m2m section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheChachi

10/9/18
If you want to go baby blue in leather, M.Jules has a custom strap designed for your watch!

Check the strap m2m section

I am going to check it out, thanks for the heads up!

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
Mine on Horus white rubber strap. Super comfy.

1633aa26f5ced132321eda4be11b7784.jpg

TheChachi

10/9/18
This looks so good, Zeula! I was able to pick up a JF white rubber but the watch head is a Noob so it does not fit. I am sure someone can trim it to make it fit I just have ti find that person! Stunning MH, sir!

Zeula

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/9/17
Harem
This looks so good, Zeula! I was able to pick up a JF white rubber but the watch head is a Noob so it does not fit. I am sure someone can trim it to make it fit I just have ti find that person! Stunning MH, sir!

JF's strap can be fitted to Noob bro but regarding to not correct fitment the strap and case it will cause the unmoveable of plots. I suggested you to use Horus strap, its fit firmly with all case and plots can be moved freely.

Cheers!

Reactions: mrsullivan

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15

Take a 1.8 drill bit or one of those hex screwdriver and drill the holes..after a good pass they are enlarged nicely and will be able to fit into your noob plots

TheChachi

10/9/18
Take a 1.8 drill bit or one of those hex screwdriver and drill the holes..after a good pass they are enlarged nicely and will be able to fit into your noob plots

This is not a bad idea, I am definitely going to look into it.