• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP 26400 QC Pic

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Gentlemen, I received the below QC pics and I can see the bezel screws are not inserted properly. This is not such a complicated fix, the question is should I allow the TD to fix this by removing case back and bezel screws with their watch mender? I have some concerns about TDs getting involved in using screw drivers on this because of scratching to the case potential.
It seems a little silly to reject this based on the screws. Thoughts on this?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
On the other hand I would not trust myself to remove the screws because I would definitely scratch this. And if I accept as it is then I will have to pay the watch mender to fix it.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Reject the watch and ask to be fixed or for a new one, when done ask for new pictures and check for any marks and scratches if there is reject the watch again

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Also ask for a shot with chrono at zero to check all hands alignment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchMeSailor

Known Member
22/8/20
Down Under
Disappointing QC from the TD here. I would imagine that a good TD will check for these kinds of things before posting. Surely that's part of the value-add they should be providing?

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
It is just a isolated random case i reckon.

Most of these QC pics may not be performed by the TDs

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
All good advice here from everyone thank you. My instinct tells me to reject this one and ask for a new one. I had asked them for a picture with the chronograph reset and they have not responded to that.

I don't really want to name the TD as someone asked who it is. I have bought a lot from them and this is unusual for them I think.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I rejected and asked for a new one guys thank you for all responding. I get the feeling the TD did not want to be responsible to open the watch up and then fix the screws knowing they would have to rephotograph everything and the potential for scratches would happen. If the new one has problems I'll post with questions but hopefully the next one will be better.

By the way, I'm curious to know how to tell the V2 from V1? Updated cyclops it says but what to look for exactly?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
By the way, I'm curious to know how to tell the V2 from V1? Updated cyclops it says but what to look for exactly?

Look for the date magnification, date font, and also that subtle, 98% gen feel.
If you are unsure, post it here, I will personally help you out, since we speak at least 2 common languages together. :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Look for the date magnification, date font, and also that subtle, 98% gen feel.
If you are unsure, post it here, I will personally help you out, since we speak at least 2 common languages together. :hehehe:

Haha thanks Legend, I appreciate it! I'm 98% sure I'll be able to figure it out but will still post the new QC pics. Lol

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok I got new QC pics. Have some questions about the possible tarnishing on the ceramic bezel and what appears to he a hole in the case on the back. Take a look and let me know your opinions. Would also like to know if this is indeed the V2 because I cannot find a reference picture of the V1 to compare the differences such as updated date wheel.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
At least this time they put the bezel screws in straight. Lol

My main concern is possible issues with the finish surface of the ceramic bezel. Take a look above at the bezel picture to see what I am referencing. Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
At least this time they put the bezel screws in straight. Lol

My main concern is possible issues with the finish surface of the ceramic bezel. Take a look above at the bezel picture to see what I am referencing. Thanks

I will reject the watch based on the apparent marring of the caseback. The bezel is likely just stained (no way to tell without getting it in hand).. so I will ask for another piece.

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
RL for me too, the marring on the back is not acceptable.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thank you gentlemen for the comments. Looks like I'll be waiting for another set of QC. I agree the gouge on the cade back is not acceptable.