• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

rodriguezstyle

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
9/1/17
Deutschland
Yeah I think it was our very own Legend.

Also, the hands themselves need trimming too, they're quite thick. But I think if you're prepared to mod the 15202, you can make it almost gen worthy (as near as a rep can get anyway). That said, I think the ZF 15500's are better all around... plus you get quick date set... I hate that the reps actually copied the date system on the 15202, total joke to have to advance it from 10-2am and then repeat... potentially 30 times.

I'm with you with the date set and that 15500 is overall the better Rep out-of-the-box - same with 15400, but 15500/15400 is sadly no option for 39mm AP lovers or Guys with wrists < 7 inches.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I made an interesting discovery today. The bracelet on ZF 15400 fits perfectly on the ZF 15202 head.

Why on earth would you do that, making it less genlike and all some might think?

For me the bracelet on 15400 feels more modern, it does not taper as much, it's wider at the clasp, overall thicker and feels sportier an more solid. And the fact that it makes the watch less genlike does not concern me as the astethics and feel are my priority. And with my 17 cm wrist the 15400 watch wears a bit too large so this combo suits me perfect.

This it how it looks:

That is interesting.

The 15202 tapered bracelet always bugged me. It’s just too retro 70s for my liking - despite the Internet hype and associated marketing genta fairytale, I think the watch desperately needs modernising imo.

Think I’ll try this mod myself. Thanks for sharing

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Lariram and Akilles

Rep and Roll

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/8/20
If anyone has one of these for sale i am very interested.

Rep and Roll

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/8/20
Any of our Trusted dealers should be able to get it for you, AFAIK ZF has not been affected by the recent raids. Now if you're looking for a used one look in the Sales section.

Thanks i had already asked Ryan my TD at InTime and he said he couldnt ZF or XF due to the raids and didnt know when they would be available again.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
Thanks i had already asked Ryan my TD at InTime and he said he couldnt ZF or XF due to the raids and didnt know when they would be available again.

I asked Li (Jtime) and he confirmed ZF has been back in business. I just ordered a diver from him. You should try reaching out to him.

NathanYoung

Looking Around
2/2/20
Any word on ZF taking on the new 15202PT green dial that came out earlier this year ?

Sebrano

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Im hearing there is a new ZF 15202 V2 39mmx8.5mm priced at 700USD. Can anyone please confirm if this is true??

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Im hearing there is a new ZF 15202 V2 39mmx8.5mm priced at 700USD. Can anyone please confirm if this is true??

Heard from where? Easiest way for the community to verify it is if you have a link or pics.
Else you do realize that “I’ve heard that..” is a poor way to get anyone to comment meaningfully on a statement in this hobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Lariram

Sebrano

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Just waiting on reply with photos… will post an update as soon as i receive reply. But thats how the convo went and to my surprise they said “V2”. Again i will post pics as soon as i receive. Me personally am very doubtful this is true hence why im asking you “pros”.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Is this from one of out TD's? Though I doubt it.
Watch out of being scammed.

Sebrano

Horology Curious
24/2/21
Is this from one of out TD's? Though I doubt it.
Watch out of being scammed.

Yes it is a TD. Which makes me even more intrigued. Again as soon as i receive photos/more info i will update. Could be legit and 100% true, could be a complete misunderstanding, could be absolute BS! We shall see….