• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Giellea

Patron
Certified
17/5/18
Italy
No news yet on this. I'm looking forward to see fellow member Giellea's plan to replace the ZF hands with XF hands. Its a mod that looks promising.

The Xf hands can be adapted to the Zf with a little work, unfortunately an Xf hand broke in the process, so as not to risk any more, we decided to send the hands to the Legend, for the ZF mod. They are works of extreme precision, if you want to replace the hands, send them to Leggenda.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
ZF hand base trimmed (and comparison with XF which is to the right).

Before:
Zw2KMX.jpg

After:

Zw22Di.jpg

Big shoutout to Tickleshoes for doing the Hand mod. He is CONUS based and can do quite a bit of AP work - he has serviced the A7750 chrono movement (and installed gen parts) and has built low beat divers for me. He has also done Miyota rotor silencing and Prof crystal/cyclops installs. Highly recommended!! Thorough gentleman and very skilled watchmaker, a pleasure to always deal with.

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
ZF hand base trimmed (and comparison with XF which is to the right).

Before:

Thanks for the pictures buddy. It's looking really good. I wanted to put my pictures in also, this one is a ZF done by legend

IMG-0792.jpg

IMG-0793.jpg

IMG-0794.jpg

It seems yours is slightly wider in the base than mine? Sorry for the bad picture quality, i don't have a macro lens.

Gen:

Last edited:

srhoque

28/11/18
It seems yours is slightly wider in the base than mine? Sorry for the bad picture quality, i don't have a macro lens.

Gen:
Sk-rmbillede-2021-03-14-kl-12-25-31.png

Thanks for sharing. Per my eyes (I am getting old though LOL), I don’t think mine seems wider in the base (yours has less reflection in the pics and shine, so it seems thinner to me. It’s probably the pic angle). Anyways, tickleshoes has done a great job on mine (has come out well rounded and just about covers the ZF hole). Any shorter hand base would expose the ZF hole. Hard to get exactly like gen ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jm_brc_7057

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks for sharing. Per my eyes (I am getting old though LOL), I don’t think mine seems wider in the base (yours has less reflection in the pics and shine, so it seems thinner to me. It’s probably the pic angle). Anyways, tickleshoes has done a great job on mine (has come out well rounded and just about covers the ZF hole). Any shorter hand base would expose the ZF hole. Hard to get exactly like gen ;)

Hehe yeah buddy. I agree, it's a great job. And also on these zoomed in pictures it's nothing like it is when holding it in the hand or wearing on the wrist. I'm really glad for mine. It's an excellent job by Legend. It looks crisp and small like the gen.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Why does ZF broach such a big hole on the dial? Don't ZF and XF use the same movement?

srhoque

28/11/18
Hehe yeah buddy. I agree, it's a great job. And also on these zoomed in pictures it's nothing like it is when holding it in the hand or wearing on the wrist. I'm really glad for mine. It's an excellent job by Legend. It looks crisp and small like the gen.

Wear in good health. Even before the Mod, the ZF “pizza” was barely noticeable on wrist unless light hit at a particular angle. As long as we get the issue out of our head, we can enjoy this watch.

rodriguezstyle

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
9/1/17
Deutschland
Interesting. The tapisserie looks better on the ZF, as does the sunburst, the AP logo and the "Audemars Piguet" font too (looks too thin on the XF.

Yes you're right, and what do you think about the colours ?

I think with a bit more matt effect the ZF Dial is almost Perfect.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yes you're right, and what do you think about the colours ?

I think with a bit more matt effect the ZF Dial is almost Perfect.

To be honest it's really difficult to judge the colours from pictures. It really depends a lot on the lighting and angle when the picture was taken, or the screen your looking at. You have to have the watch in hand. I have the ZF and it's a dark blue color, ranging to being greish-to black depending on the lighting. I can't say anything about the XF, as i haven't seen it IRL.

Dragonfly35

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
29/4/20
Sunny country
Sorry but in both Zf and xf replica, there is a 4 stagioni pizza on the hand base.
The tapisserie color and logo are minimum tells compared to this frees bee under the hands

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Sorry but in both Zf and xf replica, there is a 4 stagioni pizza on the hand base.
The tapisserie color and logo are minimum tells compared to this frees bee under the hands

I agree, but it's also possible to mod that. If they had made the hand base smaller it would've been perfect, but It is what it is.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
ZF with Handbase modded is nearly perfect imo../QUOTE]

Wow! Whoever carried out that work has done an awesome job at tidying up the pizza hand base!

Yeah I think it was our very own Legend.

Also, the hands themselves need trimming too, they're quite thick. But I think if you're prepared to mod the 15202, you can make it almost gen worthy (as near as a rep can get anyway). That said, I think the ZF 15500's are better all around... plus you get quick date set... I hate that the reps actually copied the date system on the 15202, total joke to have to advance it from 10-2am and then repeat... potentially 30 times.

Last edited: