• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
The finish is very good. The bracelet feels quite sharp then touching it with your fingers but on the wrist it feels comfortable, hugs the wrist well and is very light weight compared to my other watches.

Reactions: masterpiece777

Klizzix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/20
Ive got mine two weeks ago and i like a lot though i have a rather unexpected problem which i dont know how to fix.

Ive just noticed that one link on the bracelet is half loose cuz it appears like there is no "chopstick" inside to hold both links together. I thought to replace it with one of the spare links but it appears that this link doesnt have the opening for the screw on the other side. Its asymmetric because on the other side of the bracelet there is no such issue.

This definetly has to be a production flaw because there is no reason to produce such a link, that is open on one side but doesnt have the opening for the screw. Such i cant remove it and i cant tighten it but it makes the watch unwarebale

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Ive got mine two weeks ago and i like a lot though i have a rather unexpected problem which i dont know how to fix.

Ive just noticed that one link on the bracelet is half loose cuz it appears like there is no "chopstick" inside to hold both links together. I thought to replace it with one of the spare links but it appears that this link doesnt have the opening for the screw on the other side. Its asymmetric because on the other side of the bracelet there is no such issue.

This definetly has to be a production flaw because there is no reason to produce such a link, that is open on one side but doesnt have the opening for the screw. Such i cant remove it and i cant tighten it but it makes the watch unwarebale

Thanks for reporting this flaw. This will be +1 thing in my list to be checked when I pull the trigger for a 15202. Did you ask your TD for a repair or replacement?

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Another ZF15202 with the hand base thinned, beveled and polished. All in the name of efficiency as owner said that he has no pizza and hence didn't need a pizza plate.
Z5wqnk.jpg

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
My AP 15202 “pizza”. The hand base masterly and skilfully modded by legend

When I have the watch in hand the hand base metal (incl from the opening) beneath looks very small like the gen in my opinion. When I look at it with the loupe I can see the opening beneath off course.

Its very good and isn’t really noticeable in real life to be honest.

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I made an interesting discovery today. The bracelet on ZF 15400 fits perfectly on the ZF 15202 head.

Why on earth would you do that, making it less genlike and all some might think?

For me the bracelet on 15400 feels more modern, it does not taper as much, it's wider at the clasp, overall thicker and feels sportier an more solid. And the fact that it makes the watch less genlike does not concern me as the astethics and feel are my priority. And with my 17 cm wrist the 15400 watch wears a bit too large so this combo suits me perfect.

This it how it looks:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
:thinking: ...hummm... sounds to be a nice mod!
I'm curious to know your plans, which parts are you getting from the XF v2?

I think the plan is to use all the parts from is XF v2 with the exception of the ZF dial. The hour hand base of the of the XF v2 is large enough to cover the hole of the ZF dial according to legend.

Rainbowkin, can you give us an update on this modification? Thanks.

Reactions: mech500

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I think the plan is to use all the parts from is XF v2 with the exception of the ZF dial. The hour hand base of the of the XF v2 is large enough to cover the hole of the ZF dial according to legend.

Rainbowkin, can you give us an update on this modification? Thanks.

I am putting the JF dial on the XF v2. Yes, JF! I think Scotty has done this mod and confirmed that everything including the date window fits! There was a discussion earlier on the JF 15202 dial is very close to the 15202 MK1 dial and has more gen-like grooves and white lume.

Last edited:

altoid

Looking Around
13/11/20
Hi, this is my first time posting to the forum. But I just ordered an AP ZF 15202, and I wanted to have some modifications done to silence this watch a bit. Along with a few other possible modifications. How can I get in contact with legend to have some mods done to this watch?

baia64

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/16
Italia
Hi, this is my first time posting to the forum. But I just ordered an AP ZF 15202, and I wanted to have some modifications done to silence this watch a bit. Along with a few other possible modifications. How can I get in contact with legend to have some mods done to this watch?

PM.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Generally PM works for the population. PM legend and let him know what you need. If you’re nice I’m sure he will help you out. I do not presume to speak for legend of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DucatiWiz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
The thing that always stands out to me with the RO reps is that the hex screws in the bezel never seem to sit tightly and aligned in their hex-holes, plus the slots in the screw heads never seem to be exactly in the middle. Is that common amongst all RO reps or do some of the factories do a better job than others? TIA

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
The thing that always stands out to me with the RO reps is that the hex screws in the bezel never seem to sit tightly and aligned in their hex-holes, plus the slots in the screw heads never seem to be exactly in the middle. Is that common amongst all RO reps or do some of the factories do a better job than others? TIA

Like most AP reps in the 15xxx series it’s luck of the draw esentially, hence why a screw alignment (and polish) is a common mod for the RO series.

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
legend working his magic with a beautiful pinion mod. There was a miscommunication surrounding bracelet polishing/work and rotor silence as I didn’t initially ask for it but Legend kindly gave me this for free. A stand up guy if I ever saw one and a great Christmas present

V5qyi3.jpg