• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
I understand you :)
yes that's true.
All the photos I find on the web have different shades. I have often seen the gen of a gentleman working with me, and as soon as I got the XF V2 dial it felt very very close to me. In the various shades of the gen often comes out a blue like the one I tried to describe in the comparison photo. And I can't find that kind of blue in the other dial rep 15202. They seem too dark blue, none except the V2 XF seem to contain that blue I'm talking about.
You are right to say that side by side comparisons are needed, I know this well :) we hope someone can do it soon.

There's also 3 different shades of gen dial..... so it depends what you compare it to

Klizzix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/20
I just recieved my ZF 15202 this morning and am quickly sharing my first impressions of it having it for a day. I got to say that its my first replica and that i never saw a gen AP RO in person and such cant really compare it to anything though i think this perspective might be interesting for some ppl.

The most concern that also i had was the pinion. i got to say it very noticable when u go up close so that it looks out of proportion for the watch. I still doesnt bother me at all though as at all normal viewing angles its absolutely fine. Sure, u can see the difference to a gen immediatelly but at a normal distance it doesnt look out of proportion. I think a big reason for that is that the big pinion is very flat on the dial and as such has no depth in it.

The one thing that concerns me the most though is the noises and feel of the watch. The bracelet and the movement definetly make noticable noises. I think ppl who had a low budget automatic watch know exactly the noise the rotor of the movement does. But i was a bit surprised by the bracelet, it definetly rattles a bit (dunno about the gen). And the clasp doesnt seem too high quality either, its not that easy to open, the mechanism doesnt feel as crisp as e.g. on my gen Mido Multifort. Though the things about the bracelet and clasp might be easy to fix, i cant say anything about that.

Other than that im super happy with the watch. I wasnt looking to fake everyone in me having a super expansive watch but rather wanted a watch that i enjoy a lot for the money and which is great value and this one certainly is. (Id just love them to include a half link for sizing)

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
I just received my JF 15202 dial after a 3-month wait and am about to send it to my modder to put it on the XF V2.

:thinking: ...hummm... sounds to be a nice mod!
I'm curious to know your plans, which parts are you getting from the XF v2?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
damnn, now thats a beauty!!! I always had faith in Legend!!! amazing work as usual!!

OK guys gilrob jm_brc_7057

Here is the result of the ZF15202 hand mod. The answer is yes, it can be done but more work is needed to ensure the dial opening below isn't exposed.
Zh7531.jpg

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I just recieved my ZF 15202 this morning and am quickly sharing my first impressions of it having it for a day. I got to say that its my first replica and that i never saw a gen AP RO in person and such cant really compare it to anything though i think this perspective might be interesting for some ppl.

The most concern that also i had was the pinion. i got to say it very noticable when u go up close so that it looks out of proportion for the watch. I still doesnt bother me at all though as at all normal viewing angles its absolutely fine. Sure, u can see the difference to a gen immediatelly but at a normal distance it doesnt look out of proportion. I think a big reason for that is that the big pinion is very flat on the dial and as such has no depth in it.

The one thing that concerns me the most though is the noises and feel of the watch. The bracelet and the movement definetly make noticable noises. I think ppl who had a low budget automatic watch know exactly the noise the rotor of the movement does. But i was a bit surprised by the bracelet, it definetly rattles a bit (dunno about the gen). And the clasp doesnt seem too high quality either, its not that easy to open, the mechanism doesnt feel as crisp as e.g. on my gen Mido Multifort. Though the things about the bracelet and clasp might be easy to fix, i cant say anything about that.

Other than that im super happy with the watch. I wasnt looking to fake everyone in me having a super expansive watch but rather wanted a watch that i enjoy a lot for the money and which is great value and this one certainly is. (Id just love them to include a half link for sizing)

Thanks for the feedback. Please do post pics for the benefit and pleasure of the community :)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Akilles On a 17 cm wrist. Love it! [/QUOTE said:
Leaves me a bit worried as my wrist is 16,5-17cm depending on physical activity and temperature (17cm in summer and 16,75-17cm indoor). As it looks a bit big for a 17cm wrist.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Looks good! How is the sunburst on the dial? ZF tends to be a little week on some other AP reps

I'm no expert on RO so I'm not the right person to answer.

I have ZF 15400 as well and the sunburst is very similar on this.

I do prefer the sunburst on Rolex Sub Twotone 116613LB and DJ41 as it gives a more metallic look and the ZF 15202 is gives a more plastic shine. But that a personal preference and has nothing to do with how gen like it is.

Last edited:

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
Akilles On a 17 cm wrist. Love it! [/QUOTE said:
Leaves me a bit worried as my wrist is 16,5-17cm depending on physical activity and temperature (17cm in summer and 16,75-17cm indoor). As it looks a bit big for a 17cm wrist.
Yes, I'm sure. The close camera angle may make the watch look bigger. I have 16,5 cm when it's cold and 17 cm then I'm warm.

You don't need to worry. It will fit fine on you! Here is on guy (I personally enjoy his rwatch eviews) and he has 16,5 cm. Have a look!

https://youtu.be/pAaFIZ-gYCs

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I'm no expert on RO so I'm not the right person to answer.

I have ZF 15400 as well and the sunburst is very similar on this.

I do prefer the sunburst on Rolex Sub Twotone 116613LB and DJ41 as it gives a more metallic look and the ZF 15202 is gives a more plastic shine. But that a personal preference and has nothing to do with how gen like it is.

Thanks

Ch33zy

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Nice! How's does the rotor sound?
I imagine its the same as with miyota clones. Correct me if im wrong, but i guess the sound does come from the cheap bearings and the low quality grease. I have a VSF SMP and i recently got my ZF 15500 and they sound the same. I guess a rotor silencing done by legend would be the best option there, after all those are 500 dollar clones of 20k watches.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
It's quite noisy compared to other reps I own. But can't say that it bothers me. The watch has an overall fantastic finnish!

Ch33zy

Horology Curious
2/1/20
Let’s not forget that the gen cal. 2121 isn’t exactly a silent movement, especially when used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont know, i have only held a gen 15202 once, because the dad of a friend owns one???? and i have to say its the best looking thing i've seen in a long time (things you can't wear on your wrist excluded).????

Gesendet von meinem SM-G985F mit Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Yes, I'm sure. The close camera angle may make the watch look bigger. I have 16,5 cm when it's cold and 17 cm then I'm warm.

You don't need to worry. It will fit fine on you! Here is on guy (I personally enjoy his rwatch eviews) and he has 16,5 cm. Have a look!

https://youtu.be/pAaFIZ-gYCs

Thanks for the video. Looks great on his wrist actually.

yeah I’m sure it was because of the close camera angle.