• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Can somebody who has bought this watch could the links on the bracelet? Because of size reasons, my JF was way to short but i like the ZF from the design. So it would be cool if somebody could count the links to see how lonk the bracelet is :) Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for taking the time to provide some insight in the work required to accomplish this particular modification project. In your opinion will the hour hand base from the XF 15202 sufficiently cover the opening/hole of the ZF 15202?

As far as me modding a watch, I don't have the dexterity required and my vision is nowhere near as it once was. My "watchmaking" skills are limited to bracelet sizing and battery changes.

yes gilrob it adequately covers the dial opening, especially in real life viewing.
I will be sending a watch to you which coincidentally requires both bracelet resizing and battery changing.. will post a review of the work done when I get it back, kindly indulge me.
You know what they say, "whatever happens in Vegas....." :hehehe:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
yes gilrob it adequately covers the dial opening, especially in real life viewing.
I will be sending a watch to you which coincidentally requires both bracelet resizing and battery changing.. will post a review of the work done when I get it back, kindly indulge me.

What do you think about dial colors XF V2 and ZF?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Thanks for the information regarding the XF hour hand base compatibility with the ZF dial hole issue. At this time I'm in the middle of a kitchen/living room renovation project, so I cannot take on your watch bracelet resizing and battery replacement request. My apologies.

Is that really Tigerdragon's post above yours?

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
Lol no man, wasn’t bumped or anything.
Let’s face it, any mod done by any modder, are just DIY stuff done by hobbyists. Does it make the hands 1:1 now? No. The gen 15202 handstack is a beauty to behold. Mods like this are done from with a fun point of view to change an appearance of a watch feature to please the owner. It isn’t done with arrogance or superciliousness in mind, but rather just sharing of what’s possible and the pros and cons of the mod.
I do not have the finesse to recreate the gen AP handstack from the ZF one but I can objectively reduce the hand base diameter. Remember all these are done for fun, let’s not take them too seriously sir :hehehe:

I fully understand what you mean and I share it in everything! I am new to this game/hobby but I immediately learned the rules and I confess that I find it very funny. In life I sometimes don't take important things too seriously, let alone if I can take this game seriously.
Unfortunately, however, due to professional deformation (I am an architect) I am used to taking care of the small details because the attention to small details makes the difference in quality. This attention has been of great help to me in my profession and has often been appreciated.
For this reason when I see that a manufacturer like ZF who has managed to replicate a watch like the 15202 so well, then proposes a basehand like that, well, I'm thrilled. We all know that no rep will ever be identical to a gen but that is a brandish mistake that bothers and probably would have been very easy for them to solve.
I don't know if you remember but some time ago we had an exchange of views regarding the white gold screws of the AP gen. As owner of a gen 15500, you told me that the difference between the white gold of the gen and the steel of the rep was not noticeable, I believed you, I bought the ZF 15500 and I was right to believe you because it is a very nice rep, maybe one of the best, and the difference is not really noticeable.
In conclusion, from ZF I was expecting a 15202 at the height of a 15500, but I don't care that much because we're going to have fun here. :)

Reactions: legend

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

I don't really get your hostility towards gilrob

From what I saw he made a perfectly innocuous comment and both you and Quetip went over the top. You might remember, you rightly corrected me for a poor attitude a few weeks ago. I took that on-board as I was in the wrong. You are in the wrong here.

I don't think gilrob ever had the intent of criticising your work. It was the fact that many of the early pictures of the ZF watch it looked like there was a gaping hole in the centre of the dial. The pictures you uploaded were not very clear, nor from an angle where this hole would be visible. So, I assumed that is what gilrob meant. He could however have phrased it differently to avoid confusion. But still, I don't think it justifies some of your responses.

I think everyone here, knows how skilled you are. And your work is exceptional. I don't think anyone was trying to ever insult or belittle your work. For the record, I think you have done an awesome job with that watch. I can't wait to see more pictures of it once the owner receives it.

Last edited:
Reactions: legend

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Huh?

From what I saw he made a perfectly innocuous comment and both you and Quetip went over the top. You might remember, you rightly corrected me for a poor attitude a few weeks ago. I took that on-board as I was in the wrong. You are in the wrong here.
Neither legend nor me have had any hostility towards gilrob. I find it funny that everyone included in that short exchange of information, explanation of work and correction of short miscoms (namely legend, gilrob and me) got the jokes that were added to the replies as well as the intention of the respective posts and no one showed any offence taken from it but yet you understand it as hostility and rudeness where it's very far from that.
We've all been in the game for several years and have been following several releases throughout the years and thus all know and understand each other perfectly..

But if it makes you happy, I will speak for both legend and myself and say sorry to gilrob for being so mean and for making a joke. Next time I will run any comment I make between people that have known each other on the boards for several years through to you as the resident moral compass of RWI, how about that?

All jokes aside, don't worry about that. I will know when I've done someone wrong and will apologise / deescalate any situation by myself without the need for anyone to remind me of that as I revisit threads I've been engaging in more than regularly, so that I get different perspectives. But I am thanking you in the name of all of us for your dedication and thought but you are in fact wrong here mate.

Please, gilrob correct me if any of the above is wrong and you did indeed feel treated badly or had the feeling we were being hostile with you.
AND please Sonofalich , don't turn this into a discussion yet again now. If you feel the need to react to what I have said, kindly do it via PM to the respective member/s but not on a thread that will just get derailed by this shit again.

exacten

Known Member
31/10/19
lets get back to the topic boys, and talk about what improvements we will like to see in the next batch :D

Reactions: QueTip

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

I don't think gilrob ever had the intent of criticising your work. It was the fact that many of the early pictures of the ZF watch it looked like there was a gaping hole in the centre of the dial. The pictures you uploaded were not very clear, nor from an angle where this hole would be visible. So, I assumed that is what gilrob meant. He could however have phrased it differently to avoid confusion. But still, I don't think it justifies some of your responses.

I think everyone here, knows how skilled you are. And your work is exceptional. I don't think anyone was trying to ever insult or belittle your work. For the record, I think you have done an awesome job with that watch. I can't wait to see more pictures of it once the owner receives it.

Lol, J. Will keep it simple for you in order not to derail the thread and with respect to Quetip.

1. No I wasn’t being hostile to gilrob at all. Have known him for a while now on the boards and whatever I posted was just banter.

2. Thank you for saying I did a good job. I won’t engage you this time not only because it’s just too petty; it’ll derail the thread if I do. It will end up ugly for you and popcorn moments for everyone else. So let’s forget about this and just go back to the topic.

3. Remember that when necessary, whatever I post has already been cleared with the section mod, which is...Quetip. I accept his input when it comes to what’s right and wrong to post in this section. The next time you wish to engage me openly, remember this. I already told you this and will tell you again, don’t bring the cavalry upon yourself. If your aggression needs an outlet, look elsewhere, I’m not an easy target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
It appears ZF has a weaker "AUDEMARS PIGUET" engraving on the rotor compared to XF. I was hoping to get some feedback from any of you that had bought ZF. Much appreciated.

T'Challa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/19
:popcorn2:

Kinda enjoy watching these moments unfold and the polite opinions exchanged. Am I the only one?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
lets get back to the topic boys, and talk about what improvements we will like to see in the next batch :D
This. Do you want to make a start? Show us what you've gathered from this thread. :p

Reactions: exacten

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Kinda enjoy watching these moments unfold
There's no moment unfolding. This thread is going back to topic since the post above this.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Lets all forget all about this drama.I appreciate that Sonofalich looked after my back and thank him, the man means well.

Let's continue on and talk about watches and enjoy our hobby. Also, forget about my last post about drafting some PMs, I'm too busy right now as I told legend . legend , back to my question in our last contact, was that THE Tigerdragon's post above yours? If so, perhaps you can welcome him back and answer his request if you still have a ZF 15202 in your possession.

All the best folks.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Lets all forget all about this drama.I appreciate that Sonofalich looked after my back and thank him, the man means well.

Let's continue on and talk about watches and enjoy our hobby. Also, forget about my last post about drafting some PMs, I'm too busy right now as I told legend . legend , back to my question in our last contact, was that THE Tigerdragon's post above yours? If so, perhaps you can welcome him back and answer his request if you still have a ZF 15202 in your possession.

All the best folks.

yes it is that tigerdragon... I saw your question but wasn't sure how to answer it as each username is unique.
With regard to his question, you will pardon me if I am not inclined to answer it for my own reasons. Thank you.

Reactions: Allure

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
To answer the link question. Ps- the answer could’ve easily been found by various means but it’s Friday. Do note: the clasp is included in this.

All credit to the original picture goes to @legend
Z2j0Sb.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
To answer the link question. Ps- the answer could’ve easily been found by various means but it’s Friday. Do note: the clasp is included in this.

Z2j0Sb.jpg

lol. Yes gilrob that was the reason I did not tell tigerdragon, the answer was in the thread all along.
Hope that won't be construed as being hostile. QueTip I hope not counting the links for someone doesn't qualify one for the brig

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13

Z2j0Sb.jpg
Thanks to be honest I must look in the browser because tapatalk still isn't showing pictures but now I see it thanks for the picture!

Edit: fits perfectly with my wrist nice

Last edited:
Reactions: gilrob and seba0112