• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

philheat16011992

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/9/20
PIEDMONT ITALY
because the problem of the XF is not only given by the endlinks and the green light, but also by the not very clear writing of the dial! I prefer ZF with white light, perfect writing of the dial and even if the center of the hands is too big!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
An opinion based on what? Low quality pictures and no real life experience with both watches?
You are adding a lot of value to this thread

Lol, easy.. let him have his opinion as we are all entitled to one. We will always have guys who think one or the other is better. I’m sure he has gathered his own facts to justify his opinion and he didn’t state it as an absolute fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philheat16011992

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/9/20
PIEDMONT ITALY
Lol, easy.. let him have his opinion as we are all entitled to one. We will always have guys who think one or the other is better. I’m sure he has gathered his own facts to justify his opinion and he didn’t state it as an absolute fact.

obviously it's just my opinion, but I think it would bother me more to have the green light in the dial, rather than the wider base of the hands ... that's all!

isoltech

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/8/20
EU

I totally agree with you and I respect all opinions formed on solid basis, especially those of members with lot of experience, passion and dedication.
I prefer to leave random and un-informed opinions for facebook and other similar platforms, while in specialized and niche forums I like to comment based on facts and real life experience, to help others forming a better view on watches.

For now, not having neither the XF nor the ZF, I shut up and I hope to hear soon from people owning them both :)

Reactions: legend

Glock3ns

10/2/20
New york
Anyone got qc photos of their zf? Or got a tracking on their zf?

Comparing the stock photos of the zf and xf on the websites, the zf looks to have a more substantial bracelet

Last edited:

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Since ZF is usually producer of very high quality reps, how they could not see the extremely evident hands base flaw?
I must admit that the only possible reply is that they are planning to produce a V2 very soon!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Since ZF is usually producer of very high quality reps, how they could not see the extremely evident hands base flaw?
I must admit that the only possible reply is that they are planning to produce a V2 very soon!

There could be reasons such as ZF has old stock of hands they want to use? Interesting they are pointing out the flaw to us in pictures.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
That's right... they also pointed out a flaw!
Even if I'm not a big fan of "conspiracy theories" I must admit that is quite unusual!

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
because the problem of the XF is not only given by the endlinks and the green light, but also by the not very clear writing of the dial! I prefer ZF with white light, perfect writing of the dial and even if the center of the hands is too big!

What mean with green light?

muful9

Horology Curious
4/9/20
Anyone got qc photos of their zf? Or got a tracking on their zf?

Comparing the stock photos of the zf and xf on the websites, the zf looks to have a more substantial bracelet

I’ve received my qc pics and given the GL. Received tracking info and just waiting for delivery. First time one of my purchases are being shipped by Parcelforce, reading some threads regarding them, delivery can take a while and that’s if does get through customs.

Reactions: Kmmas

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
I find it odd that ZF who is creating watches down to the microscopic detail would state this miss and release the watch anyway. Clearly they thought it wasn’t too big of a deal breaker and knowing that these are reps in the first place released it anyway. It’s one of those things that you can’t unsee, I’m my opinion. Otherwise great watch!

Kmmas

7/4/15
what about the gap in the Xf bracelet and the head of the XFwatch ? somebody mentioned and even shared a pic I believe. That would be a bigger concern imo.

It is very comfortable. No doubt about that. It may be too light, especially the clasp. But it doesn't bother me that much. If the ZF bracelet won't fit or won't improve that feeling, then it's all good as well :)

Kmmas

7/4/15
waiting to hear your review on this. Does the ZF bracelet fit the XF watch though for sure? I hope zf bracelet eliminates the “gap” issue on the xf.

I've been able to purchase the ZF bracelet from a well known TD ($148) - I'm going to see if it is an improvement on the XF bracelet and if it will fit my legend modded XF 15202 - I will report my findings when it arrives :)

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Stupid question, does a hands swap with XF ones on the ZF is possible without any mods?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Stupid question, does a hands swap with XF ones on the ZF is possible without any mods?

Not sure about that but if I recall the large base of the ZF hand is there to hide a large hole in the dial, so thinning the plate or replacing the hand with one that has a thinner plate would reveal the hole

Reactions: SHB

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Not sure about that but if I recall the large base of the ZF hand is there to hide a large hole in the dial, so thinning the plate or replacing the hand with one that has a thinner plate would reveal the hole

Thanks for the reply, I'm gonna forget this idea