• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I see nothing wrong there. Older series with different applied AP logo and nicely cut tapisserie.

Old version from 2012 possibly, you're both right, my fault, but then why showing a comparison with a rep supposed to imitate the last generation dial, which is different in color, texture, logo and sunburst, it is like showing. comparison with different watch ?

to my eyes, this comparison is either useless or just misleading people into a wrong interpretation...
ZDSdkc.png

Last edited:

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
the dial on the left watch is definitely not the last edition.

Great you changed your sentence from saying it wasn't gen, to it isn't the last edition. Maybe because you could see yourself that it could be interpreted as "misleading people into wrong interpretation".

different in color, texture, logo and sunburst, it is like showing. comparison with different watch ?

Before calling my comparison useless: Did i compare the colors of the dial? No. Did the printed "Audemars Piguet" logo change from MK1 to 3? No. Did i compare the sunburst? No. Did i compare the tapisserie pattern? No. I stated that it looks better on the ZF, not if it was the same as the watch shown.

When we have the watch in hand, we can compare it to a period correct gen.

If we ignore your strong words, I would like to thank you for elaborating on the difference between MK 1, 2 and 3 though.

Last edited:

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Great you changed your sentence from saying it wasn't gen, to it isn't the last edition. Maybe because you could see yourself that it could be interpreted as "misleading people into wrong interpretation".

Before calling my comparison useless: Did i compare the colors of the dial? No. Did the printed "Audemars Piguet" logo change from MK1 to 3? No. Did i compare the sunburst? No. Did i compare the tapisserie pattern? No. I stated that it looks better on the ZF, not if it was the same as the watch shown.

When we have the watch in hand, we can compare it to a period correct gen.

If we ignore your strong words, I would like to thank you for elaborating on the difference between MK 1, 2 and 3 though.

Please apologize, there was nothing personal, I probably wrote my mind in a very rude way, which was not correct toward your person.
I changed my sentence, cause I was saying something wrong and didn't realize you were comparing with MK1.

in a more correct way what I should have said is, it's unfair to compare a gen MK1 dial with a last generation's replica, this risk to lead people to wrong conclusion if they are not aware of the changes AP did in-between, of course I know it was not your goal to mislead readers, sorry again for the personal attack if you felt it that way...

Sorry again for the misunderstanding ...

Reactions: TheGoodGoodLife

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Please apologize, there was nothing personal, I probably wrote my mind in a very rude way, which was not correct toward your person.
I changed my sentence, cause I was saying something wrong and didn't realize you were comparing with MK1.

in a more correct way what I should have said is, it's unfair to compare a gen MK1 dial with a last generation's replica, this risk to lead people to wrong conclusion if they are not aware of the changes AP did in-between, of course I know it was not your goal to mislead readers, sorry again for the personal attack if you felt it that way...

Sorry again for the misunderstanding ...

No offence taken buddy. But I agree with you, i should've mentioned that the shown watch wasn't period-correct. I can see that was a mistake by me and that's why i thanked you for elaborating on that.

Reactions: Erinoush

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Erinoush and jm_brc_7057

It is useful for everyone interested to learn about the different era of gen 15202s, thank you.
Yes the watch shown by jm wasn't period correct but it was still useful for newer members to learn about the model from another era.
Lets learn to get along at least 98% of the time.
The other 2% can be reserved for the annual RWI Royal Rumble :hehehe:

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
On my personal opinion is easy to see that the ZF case and bracelet finishing quality is excellent.
The overall look of the dial is very satisfactory.
A bit too big the size of the hours hand... but the biggest issue (flaw) is the central pinion definitively too big!

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Erinoush and jm_brc_7057

It is useful for everyone interested to learn about the different era of gen 15202s, thank you.
Yes the watch shown by jm wasn't period correct but it was still useful for newer members to learn about the model from another era.
Lets learn to get along at least 98% of the time.
The other 2% can be reserved for the annual RWI Royal Rumble :hehehe:

my bad ... but we are now 98% on the same line :)

ettorefranco

23/4/20
caput mundi
I'm trying to figure out if there is a technical constructive reason that justifies such a large base hand but I can't find it. Did any of you understand why? Shit, it's possible to cook a couple of eggs on it :p

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
I'm trying to figure out if there is a technical constructive reason that justifies such a large base hand but I can't find it. Did any of you understand why? Shit, it's possible to cook a couple of eggs on it :p

Only logical reason is the dial has a big center hole that its covering up.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
The XF watch (especially after legend mods!) is the better watch. I still have a suspicion that the ZF probably has the better bracelet. I'm going to see if I can pick up a ZF bracelet from a friendly TD and try it on my XF.

Reactions: Pdatoon and XLR8R

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
It looks like the XF has white marker on this piece which is uncommon to get today.

Based on this video, for me personally i prefer the ZF even if is has a large hand base. I like my markers to have the same color as the hands, gen or not (assuming XF still has yellow-ish markers).

The gap "issue" if we would call it that (even if some gen might have it) on the XF is hard to get good by modding, nearly impossible!?

If the hand base will bug me, I can get it modded is my thoughts. Seems easier than to get a good relumer in EU as well.

For the dial and dial printing I honestly can't tell who's best, booth seem very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: ettorefranco