• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
ZZPuNK.jpg
[/url]

Your watch gains approx. 11s pr day, which is not a big deal normally, but it also has a low amplitude. That indicate a problem with the mainspring or need of service. Personally i would reject it.

Reactions: Pdatoon

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Your watch gains approx. 11s pr day, which is not a big deal normally, but it also has a low amplitude. That indicate a problem with the mainspring or need of service. Personally i would reject it.

Actually in terms of amplitude and accuracy it’s within the acceptable tolerance of this movement type. A timegrapher provides a snapshot of a movement’s health and I’ll advise owner not to take it too seriously. The shipping process almost always changes the movement precision anyway and all rep movements need service if you want them to run reliably over the long term.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just received my qc pics from puretime. Everything looks ok to me. Just wanted to ask if the time graph results are acceptable? Pics below

If you just want to ask about the timegrapher results there is no need to post the other pics.
Also I think the movement looks ok. It is however up to you to accept it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Amplitude could also be because it's not fully wound no?

The amplitude reading is not a straightforward and absolute factor. It doesn’t mean x and above is good and below that it’s thrash. It’s a lot more than that. I always advise members to take TD timegrapher readings with a liberal pinch of salt because there are different grades of timegraphers used and also the watch typically will need a movement service even if it shows a perfect reading. A dirty movement can give a healthy reading too but it can seize up and die anytime too. Remember that a timegrapher reading is indicative of a watch movement health in a specific position but not an absolute and “final word” indicator.

kk169

Known Member
7/1/19
The amplitude reading is not a straightforward and absolute factor. It doesn’t mean x and above is good and below that it’s thrash. It’s a lot more than that. I always advise members to take TD timegrapher readings with a liberal pinch of salt because there are different grades of timegraphers used and also the watch typically will need a movement service even if it shows a perfect reading. A dirty movement can give a healthy reading too but it can seize up and die anytime too. Remember that a timegrapher reading is indicative of a watch movement health in a specific position but not an absolute and “final word” indicator.

This is very sound advice. Also, regardless of the reading you would still want to get it serviced to keep it running well. Plus you can get it waterproofed typically in one go too!

From my experience with TDs they never gave me QC pics with absolutely crap timegrapher results. Seems they are at least doing decent QC for us before sending for GL. One of my colleagues used to buy from local Chinese dealer and learned a few hard lesson with completely out of whack movements. I have to imagine he is getting rejects from the TD (or from TD's customers like us).

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
The XF watch (especially after legend mods!) is the better watch. I still have a suspicion that the ZF probably has the better bracelet. I'm going to see if I can pick up a ZF bracelet from a friendly TD and try it on my XF.

I've been able to purchase the ZF bracelet from a well known TD ($148) - I'm going to see if it is an improvement on the XF bracelet and if it will fit my legend modded XF 15202 - I will report my findings when it arrives :)

Pdatoon

Renowned Member
2/2/19
I've been able to purchase the ZF bracelet from a well known TD ($148) - I'm going to see if it is an improvement on the XF bracelet and if it will fit my legend modded XF 15202 - I will report my findings when it arrives :)

that's cool. PT gave me the same quotation today. Going to order it as well.

Reactions: Updog

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Interesting. What mods were done to it?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Interesting. What mods were done to it?

1. Thin, bevel and polish hand base
2. Service of rotor bearing assembly and silence movement
3. Align and polish bezel screws
4. Realign of logo and markers
5. Bevel and polish of case and bracelet edges (for aesthetics and comfort of wear)
6. Relume dial
7. Waterproof and pressure test to 6 atm

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
5. Bevel and polish of case and bracelet edges (for aesthetics and comfort of wear)
6. Relume dial

Thanks buddy. These are great mods. For the aesthetics, comfort and practicality of the watch.

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
6. Relume dial

I am curious. Newbie question. How do logos and markers get adjusted? I was always under the impression that they had been glued to the dial permanently.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I am curious. Newbie question. How do logos and markers get adjusted? I was always under the impression that they had been glued to the dial permanently.

yes and no. The adhesive can be removed and reapplied. I am sure you can imagine for yourself that in between both, the marker or logo can be adjusted manually.

Reactions: Allure and replicaX

replicaX

Known Member
27/12/16
yes and no. The adhesive can be removed and reapplied. I am sure you can imagine for yourself that in between both, the marker or logo can be adjusted manually.

Got it. How about the brushed surface on case and bracelet? What grit of sandpaper is appropriate to remove scratches?

Thanks for your education, by the way.