• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
yes i do think so .....
but overall this is somehow nitpicking, like we mentioned before there are beautiful rep dials and no one will never grab your wrist in the street because he saw your watch has too much sunburst and the dial doesn't look legit :) ....
I don't worry about that 😂
Actually, I study the cost/benefit ratio !

I am now waiting for a quote concerning the hands mod... I don't know if they modify the minute hand too. I think the replacement of the hour handstack is sufficient.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I don't know if they modify the minute hand too. I think the replacement of the hour handstack is sufficient.
No modification of the minute hand is required. When I do this mod it's only the hour hand.

ztosX8.jpg

Reactions: j21

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Is it possible to buy these thinner hands and make the replacement by a local watchsmith ?
You would need to purchase the hands separate, then send to a modder. Usually it's easier just to send the watch to a modder and get it back all finished up.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No modification of the minute hand is required. When I do this mod it's only the hour hand.
You can also get the minute hand beveled to improve the shape and form of the handstack. It is not easy to do it of course, but it is satisfying when successfully executed.

Asm56660

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/21
My most favorite thread since I owned a ZF 15202 2 months back. And looking forward for a better version with reduced hand stack and a more gen like dial.

I was lucky to have a chance trying on a genuine Display Only 15202 in our AP Boutique while picking up a gen 33mm quartz for the Mrs. here’s the Imgur link for video I took admiring the gen dial color and sunburst the ZF is unfortunately lacking: https://imgur.com/a/PQOM5Qw

Fun fact is unfortunately the Display only pieces all have regular rotors and not the 50th Anniversary rotor.. I wonder why

Hope this helps some members that are wondering about the gen dial color.

Cheers guys

notloc08

Supporter
Certified
24/11/09
My most favorite thread since I owned a ZF 15202 2 months back. And looking forward for a better version with reduced hand stack and a more gen like dial.

I was lucky to have a chance trying on a genuine Display Only 15202 in our AP Boutique while picking up a gen 33mm quartz for the Mrs. here’s the Imgur link for video I took admiring the gen dial color and sunburst the ZF is unfortunately lacking: https://imgur.com/a/PQOM5Qw

Fun fact is unfortunately the Display only pieces all have regular rotors and not the 50th Anniversary rotor.. I wonder why

Cheers guys
The 15202 looks absolutely incredible. I think AP has created the best looking bracelet ever, the way it catches the light is amazing. I'd like to see one in the metal one day, but for now videos like yours will do! Thanks for sharing and congrats to the wifey!

Reactions: Asm56660

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE

Cheers guys
May be because what you tried is a 15202 and the 50th anniversary rotors are exclusively made for 16202 and only for MY2022....

Asm56660

12/8/21
May be because what you tried is a 15202 and the 50th anniversary rotors are exclusively made for 16202 and only for MY2022....
Yes it might have been a 15202 most likely. But recently in our Dubai boutique more and more pieces are being displayed and the sales rep was referring to all pieces not having the rotor on them, I really wanted to check it out haha.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Yes it might have been a 15202 most likely. But recently in our Dubai boutique more and more pieces are being displayed and the sales rep was referring to all pieces not having the rotor on them, I really wanted to check it out haha.
new way of working for watch manufacturers boutiques, showing watches and nothing available :-(

Reactions: Asm56660 and j21

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
ZF looks better than XF with a microscope. Today, I have seen the tapisserie of a Tissot PRX. At first sight, it's not so bad. It would be interesting to see it in the sun and compare to ZF...

Reactions: Asm56660

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
This is a really great thread, thank you to all those who posted their opinions and pictures for us newbies to observe.

Amaiel

Supporter
Certified
27/4/16
I'm not an expert, but they look good to me. Both hands and dial if compared to ZF. No idea if compared with the gens.