• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks for the reply.
I was thinking one way is to buy a myota 9015 (undecorated) and then play around with decorations and whatnot. With clumsy hands, I figured its a way (not the cheapest, but also not the most expensive) to get to learn about movements and test the water with screwdriver in hand. Plus, having two movements at hand means that there is some sort of backup in case of misfortune.
That is logical thinking at its best. All the best and keep us updated.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Afaik these are custom rep hands and fit only 2121 gen movement unless a talented modder can do magic. You might source these hands from TDs or from WeChat sellers like popup.
Who are the TD selling these hands ?

RollyAP

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
25/3/21
From HKRWATCH :

From Popup :

What do you prefer ?
DP Refit, HKR or Popup ?
It's a really nice colored dial and has good sunburst but is it closer to gen? I have never seen a gen in real life but all the photos I've seen of the 15202 appear to be greyish-blue. I assume I'm wrong but wanted to hear from someone who has seen and handled a gen in person

Reactions: VC202FanBoy

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
It's a really nice colored dial and has good sunburst but is it closer to gen? I have never seen a gen in real life but all the photos I've seen of the 15202 appear to be greyish-blue. I assume I'm wrong but wanted to hear from someone who has seen and handled a gen in person
Yes, that's why it is now possible to prefer these rep dials to the gen ones 🙂
The other point of view is : how is it close to gen ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
@Erinoush has/had one.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
For DP Refit, he is on Instagram :

Maybe he made different colours for the 15202. Or it's my eyes...

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
Hard to say from these photos.
Are these post processed images, untouched pictures ? ....

As far as I see I would say the light reflection is wrong compare to a mark 3 dial, and the color looks also wrong for a mark 3 dial. But this doesn't mean it is a bad manufactured dial it looks quite pleasant, may be a little flashy which is not the case of the 15202....

Reactions: Caril

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Here are I have posted my comparison pics with the ZF dial:

Reactions: Nono92

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21

As far as I see I would say the light reflection is wrong compare to a mark 3 dial, and the color looks also wrong for a mark 3 dial. But this doesn't mean it is a bad manufactured dial it looks quite pleasant, may be a little flashy which is not the case of the 15202....
Mark III is very different from Mark I. ZF is supposed to have made the III... In the sun, yours is also very different from the III !

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

The blue color of my DP dial looks close to that of Mark I.

DP made a comparison video of two dials but unfortunately I couldn't figure out if both dials were gen or one of them was DP's. Perhaps @legend can help.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
@Erinoush What do you think of the dial by DP Refit compared to yours ?
hard to say without seeing it live. specially because some of the recent dials are nice surprises when seen live...
nevertheless a 15202 dial is ful of details and colors when seen live ...
this one reminds me (FROM THE PHOTOS WE SEE HERE) more the dial of a 15450 with more square patern and less details in the structure...and also in the colors...which seem to be "super shiny" and super bling style... a bit the opposite of the 15202 !

Reactions: grillbrill