No announcement yet.

ZF Audemars Piguet 15202

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another ZF15202 with the hand base thinned, beveled and polished. All in the name of efficiency as owner said that he has no pizza and hence didn't need a pizza plate.

Comment

My AP 15202 “pizza”. The hand base masterly and skilfully modded by legend

When I have the watch in hand the hand base metal (incl from the opening) beneath looks very small like the gen in my opinion. When I look at it with the loupe I can see the opening beneath off course.

Its very good and isn’t really noticeable in real life to be honest.
      My reviews: A.L.&S. 1815 Tourbillon V2 - VC Traditionnelle Tourbillon - VC Traditionnelle - Patek 3800 gen vs Patek 5711 PPF - Patek 5070P Saatchi London Ltd. Edi - Patek 5089G Azulejos - Patek 5524G - Patek 5975R - Patek 5205G - Patek 6102R Celestial Moon Age - Richard Mille 035-02 ZF (crown rubber change).

Collection inspirational thread.

Comment

I made an interesting discovery today. The bracelet on ZF 15400 fits perfectly on the ZF 15202 head.

Why on earth would you do that, making it less genlike and all some might think?

For me the bracelet on 15400 feels more modern, it does not taper as much, it's wider at the clasp, overall thicker and feels sportier an more solid. And the fact that it makes the watch less genlike does not concern me as the astethics and feel are my priority. And with my 17 cm wrist the 15400 watch wears a bit too large so this combo suits me perfect.

This it how it looks:

Comment

Originally posted by RockerArm View Post

...hummm... sounds to be a nice mod!
          I'm curious to know your plans, which parts are you getting from the XF v2?
          I think the plan is to use all the parts from is XF v2 with the exception of the ZF dial. The hour hand base of the of the XF v2 is large enough to cover the hole of the ZF dial according to legend.

Rainbowkin, can you give us an update on this modification? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by gilrob View Post

I think the plan is to use all the parts from is XF v2 with the exception of the ZF dial. The hour hand base of the of the XF v2 is large enough to cover the hole of the ZF dial according to legend.

Rainbowkin, can you give us an update on this modification? Thanks.
            I am putting the JF dial on the XF v2. Yes, JF! I think Scotty has done this mod and confirmed that everything including the date window fits! There was a discussion earlier on the JF 15202 dial is very close to the 15202 MK1 dial and has more gen-like grooves and white lume.
            Last edited by Rainbowkin; 10-11-20, 07:54.

Comment

Hi, this is my first time posting to the forum. But I just ordered an AP ZF 15202, and I wanted to have some modifications done to silence this watch a bit. Along with a few other possible modifications. How can I get in contact with legend to have some mods done to this watch?

Comment

Originally posted by altoid View Post
                Hi, this is my first time posting to the forum. But I just ordered an AP ZF 15202, and I wanted to have some modifications done to silence this watch a bit. Along with a few other possible modifications. How can I get in contact with legend to have some mods done to this watch?
                PM.
                GEN - Universal Geneve: Golden Janus; Breguet: Type XX Aeronavale; Girard-Perregaux: WW.TC; Rolex: Daytona, Datejust
                REP - PP Nautilus 5711 blu - AP Fc sub - Rlx Sub 1680 rosso

Comment

Originally posted by altoid View Post
                  Generally PM works for the population. PM legend and let him know what you need. If you’re nice I’m sure he will help you out. I do not presume to speak for legend of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by legend View Post

Generally PM works for the population. PM legend and let him know what you need. If you’re nice I’m sure he will help you out. I do not presume to speak for legend of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Lol

Comment

Comparison of Gen Vs Zf vs Xf https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDk2O...!2~5!2~5~5!2~A

Comment

The thing that always stands out to me with the RO reps is that the hex screws in the bezel never seem to sit tightly and aligned in their hex-holes, plus the slots in the screw heads never seem to be exactly in the middle. Is that common amongst all RO reps or do some of the factories do a better job than others? TIA

Comment

Originally posted by DucatiWiz View Post
                          The thing that always stands out to me with the RO reps is that the hex screws in the bezel never seem to sit tightly and aligned in their hex-holes, plus the slots in the screw heads never seem to be exactly in the middle. Is that common amongst all RO reps or do some of the factories do a better job than others? TIA
                          Like most AP reps in the 15xxx series it’s luck of the draw esentially, hence why a screw alignment (and polish) is a common mod for the RO series.
                          Last edited by Roguetheory; 19-11-20, 00:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Roguetheory View Post

Like most AP reps in the 15xxx series it’s luck of the draw esentially, hence why a screw alignment (and polish) is a common mod for the RO series.
                            Ah, makes sense thanks.

Comment

legend working his magic with a beautiful pinion mod. There was a miscommunication surrounding bracelet polishing/work and rotor silence as I didn’t initially ask for it but Legend kindly gave me this for free. A stand up guy if I ever saw one and a great Christmas present

Comment

Another great job by Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X