• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 15400 blue dial Vs Gen comparison

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Thanks mate, good catch. When not zoomed in like on these pictures, it's really hard to see the difference that you circled in red.

And when it comes to the angle of the bezel, I think it's the picture that gives this impression as the 2 watches are not sitting on the wrist at the exact same angle. Even side by side I really can't tell the difference, unlike my ppf nautilus which I see the bezel being different from the gen.

The slope angle difference is there on the JF Bezel. I know this coz I have a Gen Bezel on my Franken and Next to the JF Bezel the Difference is quite visable.

Left is JF Based Franken with Gen Dial and Bezel
Right is Hybrid/Modded JF
887b7f7d343de945bff0af4dd27cfcfe.jpg

I have not seen a ZF in person so I was just assuming that it might have the same issue as the JF.

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The slope angle difference is there on the JF Bezel. I know this coz I have a Gen Bezel on my Franken and Next to the JF Bezel the Difference is quite visable.

Left is JF Based Franken with Gen Dial and Bezel
Right is Hybrid/Modded JF

I have not seen a ZF in person so I was just assuming that it might have the same issue as the JF.

I see what you mean. I honestly don't know on the ZF. It's hard to know for sure but I don't see it.

Nice franken by the way congrats! You mind if I ask why you went to the extent of getting a gen bezel? Is it because of this specific issue on the JF bezel?

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I see what you mean. I honestly don't know on the ZF. It's hard to know for sure but I don't see it.

Nice franken by the way congrats! You mind if I ask why you went to the extent of getting a gen bezel? Is it because of this specific issue on the JF bezel?

Yes specifically because of the geometry fo the JF Bezel.

Also I got the bezel at a good deal so couldn't pass on it.

Reactions: Tobel

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Great review, thanks for that! I'm surprised that the AR coating is better on the rep...

Last edited:

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Tobel

Tobel a
a big thank you for this comparison, and sharing the photos of your watches ......... Small question, the watch glass looks clearer (better ar processing) on zf is this possible? AND AGAIN A BIG THANKS.

Last edited:

Tobel

6/7/17
Tobel

Tobel a
a big thank you for this comparison, and sharing the photos of your watches ......... Small question, the watch glass looks clearer (better ar processing) on zf is this possible? AND AGAIN A BIG THANKS.

It's hard to tell, but another member had the same question. I think they're equivalent and it's just the different lightings/angle that make it look this way

In any case both of them are 1xAR

guillaumelagier

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/20
Tobel - Tobel

Tobel Ok, thanks, many thanks for the reply, I saw that unfortunately the first watch was seized by customs, what should be done when this happens? Did you have any problems personally with customs for this? MANY THANKS.

Tobel

6/7/17
Tobel - Tobel

Tobel Ok, thanks, many thanks for the reply, I saw that unfortunately the first watch was seized by customs, what should be done when this happens? Did you have any problems personally with customs for this? MANY THANKS.

That's not an issue, nobody can prove that you ordered that watch and that it's not someone who sent it without your knowledge or by mistake so the risk is very minimal for the recipient.

When that happens reach out to your TD and they should either be able to unblock the situation or send you another watch. That's part of their service

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Hello,
Which brand is used for the super clone 3120 ? There is Seagull ST1812, very close to 2892, but it is always written asian movement. Only Miyota is mentionned...

Tobel

6/7/17
Hello,
Which brand is used for the super clone 3120 ? There is Seagull ST1812, very close to 2892, but it is always written asian movement. Only Miyota is mentionned...

The new "clone" movement is from APS. The ZF uses a Miyota

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
What do you advise me for reliability and solidity : APS or ZF ?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
What do you advise me for reliability and solidity : APS or ZF ?
I assume that you're referring to the movements used by APS and ZF. The clone 3120 movement used by APS is still new so there is no reliability data available. The Miyota 9015 used by ZF is a well proven reliable movement, some users say it is a bit noisy but that can be fixed.

Nono92

I'm Pretty Popular
24/11/21
Is there a factory that makes reliable chinese super clones of 3120 ? For example, do you know someone who never had problems with his AP RO during the 5 first years ? If there is a problem, can a watchmaker repair either a superclone or a Miyota ?

Tobel

6/7/17
Is there a factory that makes reliable chinese super clones of 3120 ? For example, do you know someone who never had problems with his AP RO during the 5 first years ? If there is a problem, can a watchmaker repair either a superclone or a Miyota ?

Mate you may want to spend a little bit of time reading the forum. The APS is the 1st AP clone movement ever released and it's been around for just a dlfew weeks so nobody knows

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

The only clone 3120 movement available is the one used by APS as I referenced previously. I have a JF 15400 which uses the Miyota 9015 and its been working well for the last five and a half years, without any repairs or service. Yes, some RWI approved watchmakers can repair a clone or a Miyota movement.