• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

tourbillion black new release

vtxf

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/11/14
I believe this is just out. Tourbillion is now in silver which is an improvement. Back still has faults but better than before.

vtxf

15/11/14
Sorry double post. No idea what went wrong

jcguo0516

4/12/18
actually this was released long time ago in 2019, not new release sorry

vtxf

15/11/14
I stand corrected -I was obviously misinformed by my guy - guess he wants to make a quick buck from a gullible watch lover.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I stand corrected -I was obviously misinformed by my guy - guess he wants to make a quick buck from a gullible watch lover.

No harm done actually. Plenty of sellers do the same posting an older model as a new one or a re-issue to clear existing stock.
Just be careful not to fall for such tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
No harm done actually. Plenty of sellers do the same posting an older model as a new one or a re-issue to clear existing stock.
Just be careful not to fall for such tactics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed, and let's not forget when dealers try to feed you the rejected pieces by previous customers lol.

I remember a very funny experience about it btw.

Denix31

Supporter
27/5/19
I got so excited reading the title...
Really hoping that they will update the thickness of this R8 model!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I got excited thinking this was real ceramic.

Denix31

Supporter
27/5/19

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
Yes, it is a beautiful watch at a premium price. I haven't pulled the trigger yet and glad I didn't. I will wait for the color update on the BW.

Denix31

Supporter
27/5/19
Yes, it is a beautiful watch at a premium price. I haven't pulled the trigger yet and glad I didn't. I will wait for the color update on the BW.

The silver balance wheel is already available!
I assume the TD's just haven't updated their pictures yet.

Here's a QC from 2 months ago with the right silver color of the balance wheel (With the wrong brush on the bezel though...)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The silver balance wheel is already available!
I assume the TD's just haven't updated their pictures yet.

Here's a QC[/URL] from 2 months ago with the right silver color of the balance wheel (With the wrong brush on the bezel though...)

There are many other details wrong with the watch, though to be honest, I think it is nice as a rep. The color of the gear below the hands base is also wrong in terms of color and size.
The balance wheel will be oscillating on the wrist, so color isn't important when the wheel is in motio, but other details, such as the visible gears, movement window cut out etc remain as issues.

The greatest tell for such watches, however, is the wearer. Not many people in any given population can and will buy the gen. So if you start seeing these commonly in the wild, you can betcha fur that a good number will be replicas, without needing to scrutinize the watch. :hehehe:

Denix31

Supporter
27/5/19
There are many other details wrong with the watch, though to be honest, I think it is nice as a rep. The color of the gear below the hands base is also wrong in terms of color and size.
The balance wheel will be oscillating on the wrist, so color isn't important when the wheel is in motio, but other details, such as the visible gears, movement window cut out etc remain as issues.

The greatest tell for such watches, however, is the wearer. Not many people in any given population can and will buy the gen. So if you start seeing these commonly in the wild, you can betcha fur that a good number will be replicas, without needing to scrutinize the watch. :hehehe:

It's such a sexy watch! Between the black ceramic, the unique tapisserie and the constant movement of the Tourbillon...

But you're right, it's not the thickness of the watch that will be a give away for this 200k beauty ;)

Reactions: legend

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I agree it is a beautiful watch. I have the JF stainless steel version with blue dial non starburst. It wears great and looks beautiful.

How does this R8 factory version compare to the JF? I know the JF is thinner by a millimeter and a half but that is not such an issue for me.

legend can you compare the R8 and Jf versions from your opinion. Specifically I am interested in your comment about the R8 balance wheel not oscillating. Does the JF one oscillate correctly like gen?

Any other comparison between the two would be great!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I received a reply email from Puretime, it seems this R8 tourbillon has indeed been updated with the silver tourbillon. I wonder why the TDs don't update their websites or why R8 has not released this as a V2? It is a significant update to me. I wonder if they changed anything else?

jeremyhuang13

OG and a Supporter
Supporter
4/10/13
I received a reply email from Puretime, it seems this R8 tourbillon has indeed been updated with the silver tourbillon. I wonder why the TDs don't update their websites or why R8 has not released this as a V2? It is a significant update to me. I wonder if they changed anything else?

photos please. Love to see it.