• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

tourbillion black new release

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I did not get pictures from Puretime but they assured me the newest version has the silver tourbillon

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
legend please let me know your thoughts comparing the JF tourbillon to the R8 version. Specifically the oscillation of the tourbillon of the two versions.

Does the JF oscillate like gen? I am close to purchasing the R8 version but need your input to make an informed decision. If the R8 does not move like the JF then i won't get it since for me the JF tourbillon looks great even if it is not moving like gen I can live with it and would do the same on the R8.

Thanks

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend please let me know your thoughts comparing the JF tourbillon to the R8 version. Specifically the oscillation of the tourbillon of the two versions.

Does the JF oscillate like gen? I am close to purchasing the R8 version but need your input to make an informed decision. If the R8 does not move like the JF then i won't get it since for me the JF tourbillon looks great even if it is not moving like gen I can live with it and would do the same on the R8.

Thanks

Hello TK sorry I must have missed your message. Apologies, I did not mean to be rude.
My advice is not to worry about the "oscillation", it can hardly be spotted on the wrist. When it comes to tourbillons and minute repeaters and such, the models are just too obscure to be called out in real life most of the time. (99%.. or wait, better yet, 98% lol)
I tried to thin down an older tourbillon model from JF and found that it could not be thinned. Too little clearance. I am unsure if the R8 is the same. Sorry I do not have enough experience with the JF or R8 tourbillon models, nor do I own or have seen the gen in person.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Hello TK sorry I must have missed your message. Apologies, I did not mean to be rude.
My advice is not to worry about the "oscillation", it can hardly be spotted on the wrist. When it comes to tourbillons and minute repeaters and such, the models are just too obscure to be called out in real life most of the time. (99%.. or wait, better yet, 98% lol)
I tried to thin down an older tourbillon model from JF and found that it could not be thinned. Too little clearance. I am unsure if the R8 is the same. Sorry I do not have enough experience with the JF or R8 tourbillon models, nor do I own or have seen the gen in person.

Hi Legend no worries at all I appreciate the information. I'll get the R8 since I have an affinity for tourbillons. When received I'll post some pics of it with the silver tourbillon.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi Legend no worries at all I appreciate the information. I'll get the R8 since I have an affinity for tourbillons. When received I'll post some pics of it with the silver tourbillon.

Please do for our learning sakes and thank you once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Please do for our learning sakes and thank you once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
am confused, so is there a new one coming or not ?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
It could be considered a new release or V2 from R8 factory. Here are the QC pics I received. These are not my QC pics for my order but QC pics from a TD that wanted to show me the silver tourbillon. I've asked if there are any other updates or changes to this and waiting for a reply back still.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Looks quite elegant with the correct silver tourbillon. Once I get word back on any other updates I'll let you all know. Planning to order this as soon as I hear back from TD. I'll post my own QC pics when received.

Ultra929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/9/12
Seems like they could make it in ceramic and it would be pretty close. The new silver Tourbillon looks great.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
The TD replied that there are no other updates to this piece other than the silver tourbillon.